Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Motorcyclists who perform wheelies on the roads, especially busy ones.

Imagine if they tried to do it successfully but failed, fell off on the wrong side of the road in front of a passing vehicle; the passing vehicle had to swerve to avoid the motorcyclists' action but crashed into a ditch/tree and the driver of this vehicle died at the scene but the motorcyclist survived.

The former would well live with that consequence for the rest if their life and regret that action..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

11 hours ago, adam1 said:

Found a few on the m1 southbound today whilst going through Derbyshire/Notts.

3rd out of 4 lanes. 65mph. Road in front of them is empty and traffic forced to go around them.

I went behind one and flashed them several times. When I overtook them they were in that pose - gripping onto the steering wheel for dear life, sat very close to the steering wheel, and staring ahead as if they are concentrating very hard....

... yet oblivious to what was going on around them.

Amuses me how people get so frit on the motorway when with some common sense and courtesy it's the easiest road to drive on.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Amuses me how people get so frit on the motorway when with some common sense and courtesy it's the easiest road to drive on.

A relative of mine is scared to drive on the motorway but has to due to the location of their job. She is so worried, it makes her a dangerous driver, very hesitant and indecisive she’s not long part her test and already had 2 minor accidents.

On 03/03/2019 at 16:25, Steve_Walsh5 said:

A relative of mine is scared to drive on the motorway but has to due to the location of their job. She is so worried, it makes her a dangerous driver, very hesitant and indecisive she’s not long part her test and already had 2 minor accidents.

There is a car near me which either comes of the motorway or a46. They are always well below the speed limit (30 in a 60, 20 in a 30), straddle lanes at roundabouts and doesn't indicate. 

It just smacks of confidence issues.

But I am sorry - if you are not confident - you are a danger. Leave the keys at home and use public transport.

I bet loads of people have had this problem, coming down Gynsill Lane to the roundabout (so Gynsills is 1st exit) and if you want to go straight over the roundabout to Glenfield you need to be in the RIGHT lane.

I've lost count the amount of times I have been the first car in the right lane and someone pulls up next to me in the left lane and they decide to cut into my lane for Glenfield exit. Then they get all hissy thinking ive cut them up lol. Morons

Its well signposted which lane you need. I always find taxi drivers to be the worst for it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I bet loads of people have had this problem, coming down Gynsill Lane to the roundabout (so Gynsills is 1st exit) and if you want to go straight over the roundabout to Glenfield you need to be in the RIGHT lane.

I've lost count the amount of times I have been the first car in the right lane and someone pulls up next to me in the left lane and they decide to cut into my lane for Glenfield exit. Then they get all hissy thinking ive cut them up lol. Morons

Its well signposted which lane you need. I always find taxi drivers to be the worst for it

Oh heck yes. It's not a great layout, in that you start in the right hand lane and then are suddenly in the left most of three if you want to go to Glenfield, but people just don't look at road markings, do they?

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

People cutting corners when turning and they don't have a clue what's coming up the road they are pulling into.

Happens all the time round where I live, centre of Glenfield can be a right death trap. Literally people fly around corners then wonder why they get daggers when they have to reposition themselves onto the right side of the road.

The corner of Ledwell off Glenfield Frith Drive is bad for corner cutting as is Faire Road.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Happens all the time round where I live, centre of Glenfield can be a right death trap. Literally people fly around corners then wonder why they get daggers when they have to reposition themselves onto the right side of the road.

The corner of Ledwell off Glenfield Frith Drive is bad for corner cutting as is Faire Road.

People are thick as pig shit, one day I'm just going to go straight into them rather than slamming by brakes on. Ditto tossers at roundabouts who don't give way, especially the bell ends going from left to right here.

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 13.40.12.png

17 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Looking for a spot in a rammed car park and not only is a lady sat square in the middle of 2 spaces with her huge bmw 4x4 but she actually refused to reposition herself. The sheer arrogance.

BMW

Usual suspects.

4x4 

Usual suspects.

Woman.

Usual suspects.

Three wrongs dont make a right!

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Looking for a spot in a rammed car park and not only is a lady sat square in the middle of 2 spaces with her huge bmw 4x4 but she actually refused to reposition herself. The sheer arrogance.

Probably incapable. Went to Oadby Asda yesterday for the first time, don't think a single car in the car park was actually within the white lines.

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

People cutting corners when turning and they don't have a clue what's coming up the road they are pulling into.

100% this.

So many people cut the corner turning right here:

image.thumb.png.be371d908be6bad5c7410dd545d40f6e.png

Nearly went in to a lady who had one of those 7-seater people-carriers (Seat Alhambra maybe?). Had to slam my brakes as she came round in to the junction (turning right as you look at the picture), she's basically cutting across the Give Way sign you can just about see on the road). Lucky I did quickly enough as I saw a baby seat and one of those kids visors on the rear window. Obviously not to know if the kid was in there but still, she should have been more careful!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I’m sure parking spaces are getting smaller. The new parking bays at Fosse near Primark & Office are definitely smaller than the older ones over near M&S.

I personally try and avoid the Fosse Park area if I'm shopping over that way of town at all costs.

Usually see cars bumping into each other; drivers reversing out of a carspace without looking around carefully nearly hitting someone; someone not indicating when they decide to turn; near-misses on the roundabouts next to McDonald's.

Hence Fosse Park is an area where there's an accident waiting to happen, like the Shopping Centre Car park area in Thurmaston.

Due to your mentioned reason, I often park in the area in front of the Marks and Spencer food hall entrance/exit - actually plenty of space to drive into a free slot and reverse out of.

-

On a related subject area, after shopping and coming Sainsbury's Thurmaston last Friday - had noticed that annoyingly some car had damaged (few noticable long scratches/small dents) a front side of my car when they were going out of their parking slot next to mine.

Remember the occupants of the car that did a 'runner' being a family of four returning to it consisting of two small children and a big pram - so, now, I try and avoid parking next to 'family cars' etc and also in general try and park in any space where there's no vehicle currently close by.

(Got it repaired via Chips Away the next day at my home address for just over £100, less than I'd thought it would be.)

Regular occurrence on Normandy Way, Hinckley. I'm in a line of steadily moving traffic travelling at 40 mph. There's a gap of about 3 car lengths in front of me and absolutely nothing behind. Twats pull out in front of me into the gap rather than wait 3 seconds for the clear space behind me. It's nearly always the exit from the McDonalds road.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Car drivers panicking and veering off the road when I'm pulling a wheelie on my bike - very annoying.

What bike, a Raleigh Chopper? they were great for doing wheelies in my day.

17 hours ago, Parafox said:

Regular occurrence on Normandy Way, Hinckley. I'm in a line of steadily moving traffic travelling at 40 mph. There's a gap of about 3 car lengths in front of me and absolutely nothing behind. Twats pull out in front of me into the gap rather than wait 3 seconds for the clear space behind me. It's nearly always the exit from the McDonalds road.

Happens everywhere, coming off the M1 at J21 it's a regular thing. Try and shove their cars between two others rather than use their mirror and take the empty space.

Drivers stopping at empty roundabouts, drifting across lanes while going round them and what I notice is becoming increasingly common, turning across the path of traffic which is going straight on because they want the third exit from the left hand lane. 

Do you know that stretch of the Soar Valley way where they’ve put up signs saying ‘30 limit mandatory’ (near the yellow railings). Well is it? Are there cameras there cos nobody seems to slow to 30mph along that stretch? I believe it was the scene of a nasty accident but the 30 limit doesn’t appear to be being enforced?