Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Bloke entering a turning lane which cuts across my lane and I'm in the middle of a long column of traffic so I reduce speed and flash to let him know he can proceed through after the guy in front of me only he doesn't see me signalling because he's too busy looking down at his phone.  His loss. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

People not going correctly around mini roundabouts.

There's one in Oadby top of Wigston road where lazy drivers who can't be bothered turn the steering wheel and go straight over it the wrong way.

So dangerous.

Which one? Unbelievably there are 5 between Vets4Pets & The Black Dog. 

I followed a car today who stuck to 40 regardless of the road. 40 all the way from lutterworth to dunton basset, 40 through dunton, 40 up to broughton astley, 40 through broughton including over the new speedbump. 40 up past Croft where I overtook them, I imagine 40 all the way to narborough. Infuriating.

16 minutes ago, Kopic said:

I followed a car today who stuck to 40 regardless of the road. 40 all the way from lutterworth to dunton basset, 40 through dunton, 40 up to broughton astley, 40 through broughton including over the new speedbump. 40 up past Croft where I overtook them, I imagine 40 all the way to narborough. Infuriating.

Probably a taxi

25 minutes ago, Kopic said:

He probably forty was being safe

• Haha 2

Traffic lights that fail to work (the one behind Dunelm Mill in Thurmaston). 

Was on the verge of passing one, until had to slam the breaks as someone ran across the light crossing despite the red light not working.

1 hour ago, Kopic said:

I posted a while ago that there are some drivers whose default speed seems to be 40mph, regardless of any other speed limits or allowances that are in effect. 40mph in a rural 60 zone, 40mph in a 20mph school zone, 40mph in an urban 30mph area. Usually elderly drivers in a beige/grey/lime green Honda Jazz, Mitsubishi i10 or a Rover 25 in my experience, I have to say.

Edited by Parafox

45 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Probably a taxi

No way a taxi. They have their own random speeds and manoeuvres which vary within a hundred metres and that only they understand.

Edited by Parafox

On the Pork Pie Library roundabout today I saw a car reverse back onto the roundabout because traffic was queuing down Glenhills Avenue, so they pulled back after being pretty much fully off the roundabout, into traffic on the roundabout, lined up to rejoin at about 60 degree angle to the rest of the traffic, expecting everyone driving correctly to let them back into the flow, so they could go down Wigston Lane instead.

Possibly the dumbest piece of driving I've ever seen. I can only hope the Wigston Lane was equally congested (it's usually a nightmare at the Aylestone Rd end, so fingers crossed!)

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

22 hours ago, Parafox said:

I posted a while ago that there are some drivers whose default speed seems to be 40mph, regardless of any other speed limits or allowances that are in effect. 40mph in a rural 60 zone, 40mph in a 20mph school zone, 40mph in an urban 30mph area. Usually elderly drivers in a beige/grey/lime green Honda Jazz, Mitsubishi i10 or a Rover 25 in my experience, I have to say.

As we say in my family; “you can’t expect good judgement from someone who buys a car like that”

• Haha 1

On 22/03/2019 at 11:08, Parafox said:

That literally says what I’m referring to. When I say providing you are doing the speed limit I mean you are driving under the limit and not over

unless im misunderstanding it of course

Edited by kingcarr21

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

That literally says what I’m referring to. When I say providing you are doing the speed limit I mean you are driving under the limit and not over

You are. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

If it's congested you wouldn't be doing close to the speed limit, if you are able to do the speed limit then it's not going to be congested and therefore no longer applies. I think that caveat is meant for those occasions where you obviously can't change lanes because there is so much traffic about, all chugging along at lowish speeds and the lanes are all speeding up and slowing down randomly. 

On 19/03/2019 at 21:58, Wymeswold fox said:

Hobby Horse Roundabout.

Not sure if it's just a poorly-planned traffic management area or a place most often where you see somes of the worse drivers around.

Would hate to drive a big HGV truck around it.

People just can’t seem to follow the lanes. They shouldn’t be driving to be honest! It’s exactly the same a mile up the road at the A46 roundabout between Birstall and Rothely. Stay in the lane you are in until your exit and if if you are not sure which lane you should be in, the clue is it’s written in big f/off white letters as to where it might go!

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

If it's congested you wouldn't be doing close to the speed limit, if you are able to do the speed limit then it's not going to be congested and therefore no longer applies. I think that caveat is meant for those occasions where you obviously can't change lanes because there is so much traffic about, all chugging along at lowish speeds and the lanes are all speeding up and slowing down randomly. 

This. Driving on the motorway at 70, undertaking a middle lane hogger doing 60, albeit frustrating, is not the same as being in queuing, stop-start traffic where the 2nd/3rd lane is moving slower than you, which is what the Highway Code stipulates.

If you're travelling faster in lane one than a hogger in lane two, you are required to move to lane 3 in order to overtake the lane two hogger.

Imagine if you were undertaking such an idiot, who then decides to move back to lane one, not expecting a vehicle to be on their left, therefore doesn't check their nearside (left) mirror and drives you off the road?

For me, anyone who sticks to the middle lane, is a person who has no understanding of the Highway Code or how to drive on the motorway. They're ignorant and inconsiderate.

There's a reason the Highway Code exists and why we should all have, at least, a basic knowledge of it.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Babylon said:

So you couldn’t have a car in the middle lane doing 65 and one on the outside lane doing 65? The road is still congested. Therefore I can stay in lane 1 doing no faster than 70 and be allowed to continue. This is what I’m referring to. 

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

So you couldn’t have a car in the middle lane doing 65 and one on the outside lane doing 65? The road is still congested. Therefore I can stay in lane 1 doing no faster than 70 and be allowed to continue. This is what I’m referring to. 

It's not congested in the normal sense you'd use that word in terms of traffic, it just has a few idiots driving down it.

As I said before, it's one of them that I just take a view on in terms of what's going on in front of me, amount and type of traffic, speeds of other vehicles etc.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It's not congested in the normal sense you'd use that word in terms of traffic, it just has a few idiots driving down it.

As I said before, it's one of them that I just take a view on in terms of what's going on in front of me, amount and type of traffic, speeds of other vehicles etc.

There are certainly a lot of idiots on the road lol 

Take last night, I am driving down Faire Road and it had just got dark. Enough to require your headlights on. So I'm driving and a van is parked up on the left hand side. I proceed to go past it when it pulls off in front of me, no indicators and no lights on. I have to slam on my brakes. Moron

30 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

There are certainly a lot of idiots on the road lol 

Take last night, I am driving down Faire Road and it had just got dark. Enough to require your headlights on. So I'm driving and a van is parked up on the left hand side. I proceed to go past it when it pulls off in front of me, no indicators and no lights on. I have to slam on my brakes. Moron

I wouldn't drive now without front and rear facing dashcams, it's only a matter of time some idiots does something to cause me to crash. If they are stupid enough to do something like that, they are stupid enough to think they were right and argue the point. If you'd gone into the back of him, you'd be the one paying out if you didn't have a camera.

Edited by Babylon

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I wouldn't drive now without front and rear facing dashcams, it's only a matter of time some idiots does something to cause me to creaash. If they are stupid enough to do something like that, they are stupid enough to think they were right and argue the points. If you'd gone into the back of him, you'd be the one paying out if you didn't have a camera.

Ive often watched videos on facebook of people with dashcams and thought look at these losers with cameras lol. Now though I think everyone should have them.

Similar to the rear parking sensors. Used to think I'm a good driver I don't need them. Now I think they are a god send lol 

5 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ive often watched videos on facebook of people with dashcams and thought look at these losers with cameras lol. Now though I think everyone should have them.

Similar to the rear parking sensors. Used to think I'm a good driver I don't need them. Now I think they are a god send lol 

I've bought one that's motion and force detection. So if some tool decides to hit my car (it's happened to me three times outside my house now), it will come on and record them driving off. For that alone it could be worth every penny!

I'd imagine it will go that way, where they just end up getting installed automatically into cars as standard.