Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

38 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

And back to the groans: Spent 10 minutes at a slow level crossing because the lady in front slammed her brakes on when the lights started flashing even though she was basically on the crossing and we could have both easily made it across before the reds came on.

Ten minutes of extra life or death by train... but I know what you mean, the lights do change well in advance of a train being on the crossing. Narborough crossing is very frustrating. I've had to sit with blue lights on for several minutes until the train came through at a snails pace to stop at the station. 

Before it became totally automated, if we approached with lights on the signal box man would lift the barriers if he knew it was safe. Now almost all level crossings are automated and have no discretion. Even when the jittery old bat in front freaks out. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Drove past this this morning.

Thought it would take some effort to crash there, so perhaps not surprising that driver has been arrested for being over alcohol limit:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/man-arrested-after-mustang-wrecked-2759004

Has he come off the loop round, belted it and lost the back end?

7 hours ago, adam1 said:

Has he come off the loop round, belted it and lost the back end?

Maybe so, and I suppose could've done something daft if he'd remembered there's a speed camera just as you enter that bend.

At least they were only about 80 yards from the A&E entrance when it came to a halt

Anybody have any reccomendations of a decent Dash Cam to buy? The amount of idiots on the road these days, its only inevitable that one day something happens and its pretty silly not to have one!

If you have one for front and back, do they need to be hardwired into the car, and if so is this difficult to do (Useless at cars).

29 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Anybody have any reccomendations of a decent Dash Cam to buy? The amount of idiots on the road these days, its only inevitable that one day something happens and its pretty silly not to have one!

If you have one for front and back, do they need to be hardwired into the car, and if so is this difficult to do (Useless at cars).

Hard wiring is usually by the fuse box (inside or near to glove box).

Fiddly part is hiding the wires.

Lots of youtube vids etc if you search for your car type.

1 hour ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Pretty sure Halfords will fit it if you buy from them, if you don’t want to do it yourself.

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Pretty sure Halfords will fit it if you buy from them, if you don’t want to do it yourself.

They do, but the prices are quite high for a fitted bundle - I aslo try and avoid Halfords at all costs.

I've managed to find one on Amazon which has great reviews and also comes with a installation manual that people have said is easy to follow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

They do, but the prices are quite high for a fitted bundle - I aslo try and avoid Halfords at all costs.

I've managed to find one on Amazon which has great reviews and also comes with a installation manual that people have said is easy to follow.

Yeah I’d fit myself if it was something I’d be interested in. I just remembered on of the lads at work had it done.

Driving up Narborough Road South, the dual carriageway section, overtaking me at more than the speed limit, a car containing a woman driving, her mother in the passenger seat and what was obviously their child/grandchild age approx. 5yrs standing unrestrained between the two front seats. You'd have thought that at least one of the adults would have thought it's wrong.

I have been to 2 incidents in my career where an unrestrained passenger has been ejected through the windscreen on impact. Both were children. Both died at scene :nono:

On 15/04/2019 at 12:08, CollinsLCFC said:

Fitted a front and back one a few weeks ago, takes about 5 minutes and works off the lighter port. 

Piece of cake to fit the wires in my car as the plastic and rubbber lifts and you can get it hidden.

Picture is decent enough to show incidents. Will dig it out on Amazon in a bit, was only about £40.

• Thanks 1

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 17:04, Babylon said:

If anyone knows FG14 AFE, do let them know that the police shall be knocking on their door after they side swiped me and drove off.

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 17.01.30.png

They actually hit your car and drove off? They trying to sneak in to get into Fosse Park probably

55 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

They actually hit your car and drove off? They trying to sneak in to get into Fosse Park probably

Yep... an old woman, absolutely no need to be over two lanes when the second lane is completely free. Last laugh is that there is only a scuff on mine and she smashed the glass in her wing mirror. So **** em. 

The back camera I've not posted shows how bloody close she was to my car. 

Edited by Babylon

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Really should rename this thread "What on the roads has annoyed @Babylon today?" :D

Bloody hell Muzzett ! ...  was about to post the exact same thing !!     The lads always on here bitching about something ...   needs to go on a road rage anger management course ! ..   :)

In the meantime he should have his own thread  'Babs Blithering Blasts !' ...   so it won't clog this one up ...     :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Yep... an old woman, absolutely no need to be over two lanes when the second lane is completely free. Last laugh is that there is only a scuff on mine and she smashed the glass in her wing mirror. So **** em. 

The back camera I've not posted shows how bloody close she was to my car. 

Please keep up updated on this! I am so sad and get drawn into a lot of the dashcam compilations, always gutted I can't follow some of the things I see through to the conclusion!

Not quite on the roads, but someone came and parked on my drive. There’s parking restrictions between 2 and 3 so to visit one of my neighbours they just parked on my drive, my car was parked on my drive there was barely enough space but she still decided to park on my drive and block access to our front door. 

I’m just fuming, she seemed really bemused as to why I would be upset saying it’s only for an hour. Who the fvck just parks on someone’s drive?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Captain... said:

Not quite on the roads, but someone came and parked on my drive. There’s parking restrictions between 2 and 3 so to visit one of my neighbours they just parked on my drive, my car was parked on my drive there was barely enough space but she still decided to park on my drive and block access to our front door. 

I’m just fuming, she seemed really bemused as to why I would be upset saying it’s only for an hour. Who the fvck just parks on someone’s drive?

That's unbelievable. Maybe your neighbor had said it's alright to park in next doors drive and she picked the wrong drive? 

On 02/05/2019 at 14:21, Captain... said:

Id be fuming. Though it’s not actually against the law is it? I remember watching something on tv fairly recently about this. I don’t think legally you can do much about it. It’s rife around areas where lots of people commute by train into London I think. Infuriatingly ignorant.