Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

11 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

If you're that tired, maybe not set out on that journey? Or stop LONG before you get into that state.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/shocking-pictures-show-what-happened-2129621

Idiots. All I can say. Absolute jebends. There are services they can stop at. There are junctions where you can come off the motorway.

Wazzocks using 2 lane roundabouts  to force their way into the safe stopping zone between you and the car in front all so they can be one vehicle further up the queue for the next 10 miles or so of single carriagaway... and subsequently overtaken again once we reach the motorway proper and they don't want to travel above the mid-60's. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

If you're that tired, maybe not set out on that journey? Or stop LONG before you get into that state.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/shocking-pictures-show-what-happened-2129621

Isn't that the section of motorway that doesn't have a hard shoulder?

Not excusing the stupidness of the situation, but it isn't helped by not having anywhere safe to pull over as the capacity of our motorways is increased by making the hard shoulder an actual lane.

Smart, this is not. 

4 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Isn't that the section of motorway that doesn't have a hard shoulder?

Not excusing the stupidness of the situation, but it isn't helped by not having anywhere safe to pull over as the capacity of our motorways is increased by making the hard shoulder an actual lane.

Smart, this is not. 

It's a bit of a lottery, isn't it? I know cars are more reliable than they used to be but it's not like they never break down.

I've just been past a car fire on the opposite side of the M6 and Christ knows how the emergency services are meant to get to it - no hard shoulder and traffic backed up for miles

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

People cutting the T junction when turning in as you are approaching the exit of one to turn right.  Keep on your side of the road numpties!

Happened to me the other day. Gave the lady the dirtiest look and she just blankly stared. She had a baby in the car seat in the back so if I'd got there a second earlier no doubt I'd have hit that side of the car as well

18 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Double mini-roundabouts.

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It's a lottery. Who goes, who gives way? In particular when so many people fail to indicate correctly, if at all.

Give way to cars approaching from the right ...    yep, it’s a toughie ...    :)

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Give way to cars approaching from the right ...    yep, it’s a toughie ...    :)

That's the Highway Code but it seems, by and large, people have forgotten or never really understood. Particularly with double mini roundabouts. The same principle of give way to the right still applies but 2 roundabouts next to each other seems to create confusion.

However... in Swindon. 

Image result for worst mini roundabout in uk

• Haha 1

Today, in the ambulance on the way to hospital, I was behind a cyclist, all lycra'd up, helmet and helmet cam, bike tyres thin as string, gloves, the works, riding in the same direction as me on the fast main A47 that has a cycle lane painted in. Nothing much there except that he was cycling in the carriageway, not the cycle lane, forcing me to overtake and cross into oncoming traffic. Then these people wonder why drivers get pissed off with them.

Cycle lanes are there for their safety, why don't they use them?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Today, in the ambulance on the way to hospital, I was behind a cyclist, all lycra'd up, helmet and helmet cam, bike tyres thin as string, gloves, the works, riding in the same direction as me on the fast main A47 that has a cycle lane painted in. Nothing much there except that he was cycling in the carriageway, not the cycle lane, forcing me to overtake and cross into oncoming traffic. Then these people wonder why drivers get pissed off with them.

Knock the fooker off Para ...    then scoop him up ...   shove him in the back and take him to hospital ..   :)

Twill be a lesson learnt for the lycra bodied twerp ...   :thumbup:

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Parafox said:

That's the Highway Code but it seems, by and large, people have forgotten or never really understood. Particularly with double mini roundabouts. The same principle of give way to the right still applies but 2 roundabouts next to each other seems to create confusion.

However... in Swindon. 

Image result for worst mini roundabout in uk

What a mess ....

Happened earlier this week but I'm on a bus, waiting patiently in line. Two lanes usually in operation but the outside lane is blocked by a lorry delivering goods so we're queuing up. It is clear there is no route through on that lane.

So, quick as a flash, three taxis speed down that lane, knowing full well they can't get through and decide to nudge towards pushing in to the available lane queue. And vehicles let them in. Why? Everyone else did the right thing and waited patiently in line, why should these taxis jump ahead of us?

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Happened earlier this week but I'm on a bus, waiting patiently in line. Two lanes usually in operation but the outside lane is blocked by a lorry delivering goods so we're queuing up. It is clear there is no route through on that lane.

So, quick as a flash, three taxis speed down that lane, knowing full well they can't get through and decide to nudge towards pushing in to the available lane queue. And vehicles let them in. Why? Everyone else did the right thing and waited patiently in line, why should these taxis jump ahead of us?

Cos taxi drivers are cvnts. They are supposedly driving as a job, therefore "professionally", yet they are among the worst, most inconsiderate, and useless drivers on the road. I detest them. I'll use a taxi but that doesn't mean I have any respect for their driving abilities, such as they are.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Parafox said:

Because they're inconsiderate twats, I see them everyday. 

On 21/10/2018 at 09:43, Carl the Llama said:

Wazzocks using 2 lane roundabouts  to force their way into the safe stopping zone between you and the car in front all so they can be one vehicle further up the queue for the next 10 miles or so of single carriagaway... and subsequently overtaken again once we reach the motorway proper and they don't want to travel above the mid-60's. :rolleyes:

What about those who jump a queue of 10-15 vehicles by using the right only lane of two lanes on a roundabout to go straight ahead?

?

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2018 at 22:29, StanSP said:

Happened to me the other day. Gave the lady the dirtiest look and she just blankly stared. She had a baby in the car seat in the back so if I'd got there a second earlier no doubt I'd have hit that side of the car as well

Happens all the time. 

Woman driving up to a small roundabout and I was on her right and coming on, she didn't even look and just kept going. Baby in the car, absolutely oblivious. 

On 27/11/2018 at 23:01, Great Boos Up said:

This is thing of beauty. It’s like a waltz. In fact if you can cross without stopping, often because everyone else seems to freeze. 

?? state of that 

I can imagine so many cars giving way to every bloody direction and nobody moving 

?