Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

On 10/11/2018 at 22:31, Parafox said:

Cos taxi drivers are cvnts. They are supposedly driving as a job, therefore "professionally", yet they are among the worst, most inconsiderate, and useless drivers on the road. I detest them. I'll use a taxi but that doesn't mean I have any respect for their driving abilities, such as they are.

Just came close to being knocked over by one on a pedestrian crossing on Braunstone Gate. He even sped up in attempt to beat the red light and failed by a second or two. Didn't get his number, unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

Drink drivers. My son was driving to work at 6.15 am, only had his first car 4 months, and a drunk in a stolen van hit the near front side, thankfully at town speed limit.  The van front bumper fell off, the driver gave my lad the finger, then drove off! The police were immediately phoned, and driving to the scene, obviously spotted the only van around without a bumper. The driver was arrested, that's how we know he was drunk, and the van stolen.  Interestingly my son wasn't breathalysed.

The police took him home, but shortly after his back began to hurt, as he'd been thrown against his door by the impact, and an ambulance took him to A+E, where he spent 5 hours on a spinal board, and eventually allowed to go home. As he was only covered 3rd party F+T his insurance company won't pay out (car valued at €12k), and as the car is going to be a write off, he's going to have to wait 4 months or so until the Motor Insurers Board pay out, on what should be a straightforward case.

He needs a car to get to work, and I'm going to have to buy him a replacement to do this. He couldn't afford to do this, and without a car he's lose his job. And not drive family about. And here in Ireland, he's going to get a €100 bill for the ambulance ride.

Now obviously it could have turned out a whole lot worse, but I'm still not too keen on drunk drivers. Selfish gits.

• Sad 1

This morning lorry jack knifed on the roundabout near Kirby Muxloe (top of Blood Hill). This has been on the mercury site.

I go to this roundabout, turn left and go towards Glenfield. This closure does not affect me....

Get to the roundabout for the A46 and gridlock. Those coming from the A46 towards the accident have blocked off the roundabout, when it is clear that there would be nowhere to go (stationary traffic heading in the direction they are).

Seriously? Don't people think before blocking a junction?

On 12/12/2018 at 10:29, Babylon said:

Sorry about the music, I had to remove my swearing lol

If anyone knows this old dear or her family for the love of god get her off the road before she kills someone.

Taking the shortest possible route and saving petrol clearly :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2018 at 10:29, Babylon said:

If anyone knows this old dear or her family for the love of god get her off the road before she kills someone.

I was half expecting her to be in front of you by the time you made it round the roundabout lol

Or if not that, her to try it at least! 

1 hour ago, adam1 said:

This morning lorry jack knifed on the roundabout near Kirby Muxloe (top of Blood Hill). This has been on the mercury site.

I go to this roundabout, turn left and go towards Glenfield. This closure does not affect me....

Get to the roundabout for the A46 and gridlock. Those coming from the A46 towards the accident have blocked off the roundabout, when it is clear that there would be nowhere to go (stationary traffic heading in the direction they are).

Seriously? Don't people think before blocking a junction?

I'm generally pretty chilled out to most things on the road, but idiots blocking junctions when it's patently obvious they have nowhere to go is one thing guaranteed to irritate me. Pure selfishness.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I was half expecting her to be in front of you by the time you made it round the roundabout lol

Or if not that, her to try it at least! 

I was watching them in my mirrors, she wouldn't even reverse to get out of the way. The other car had to go into the wrong lane to get around her. Unreal.

Last night, Going over the A42 roundabout in Ashby heading to go down the A511 towards Coalville, some bint in a Fiat 500 is in right hand land indicating right, decides at the last second she wants to go down the A511, flies across 3 lanes without indicating and pulls infront of me, nearly crash into her.

Behind her up the A511, she is driving all the over the place, get to the Hoo Ash roundabout, I am in the right lane to go right and her in the left lane and going straight, we both pull off at the same time and she decides instead of going around in her lane, she will straddle the 2 and cut me off again.

Got a nice big blast of my horn and a flashing of the headlights.

• Sad 1

A particularly prickly journey home yesterday so I was especially irritable, featuring these three.

- The lane changer behind me in B4114 traffic. Cutting lanes four times in a minute chasing whichever lane was moving quicker

- Someone on the outside lane of Lubbesthorpe way doing 35mph.

Special mention though (and I was wound up properly by this point) to the idiot who decided to use the road as their own reversing point for their driveway with me right behind them. Just so bloody rude. Pull over, wait for no traffic, reverse onto your drive, don't hold me up just so you can position your car how you want.

7 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Last Saturday, I went McDonalds drive though at about 1am after a long day, and driving home down Soar Valley Way, a chav in a black tracksuit with his hood up just walked over the road slowly right in front of my car towards Aylestone road . When I honked he just shoved his fingers up at me. (he was with a girl so no doubt trying to impress her).

So, I decided to take a detour at pork pie round about, and drive up Aylestone Road and seen him. Safely pulled over, winded the window down, smiled and through my milkshake over the cretin.

I felt a chav myself to do that, but it was karma for him.

Depends!!  What flavour was it???:ill:

1 hour ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Last Saturday, I went McDonalds drive though at about 1am after a long day, and driving home down Soar Valley Way, a chav in a black tracksuit with his hood up just walked over the road slowly right in front of my car towards Aylestone road . When I honked he just shoved his fingers up at me. (he was with a girl so no doubt trying to impress her).

So, I decided to take a detour at pork pie round about, and drive up Aylestone Road and seen him. Safely pulled over, winded the window down, smiled and through my milkshake over the cretin.

I felt a chav myself to do that, but it was karma for him.

I now have a vision of you taking 15 seconds to furiously wind down your window before launching it at him. Please tell me the windows weren't electric?

• Haha 1

All these b#stards,in all these funny cars,trying to get from A to B on my roads!!! Especially when I am late for my  appointments!!

Inconsiderate,I call it...!!  Then those Muppets chasing me with blue lights,cos I took a short cut over the Island...

Telling me to blow in a bit of plastic,I told them I ain't like my uncle...besides I could tell them I am pissed...they only have to ashk!!

they ask me walk the line,..fk it!!!  I ain't   Johnny Cash.

3 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I now have a vision of you taking 15 seconds to furiously wind down your window before launching it at him. Please tell me the windows weren't electric?

They are electric I'm afraid.

It was a beautiful moment though, as he stopped and bent slightly near the window when I pulled over probably expecting an exchange of words and then covered in banana milkshake.

I wouldn't of retaliated if the cocky t*** didn't stick his fingers up, but couldn't let him get away with it!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

It was a beautiful moment though, as he stopped and bent slightly near the window when I pulled over probably expecting an exchange of words and then covered in banana milkshake.

I wouldn't of retaliated if the cocky t*** didn't stick his fingers up, but couldn't let him get away with it!

It's actually quite a good tactic in my experience. My Mrs once threw a full gin and tonic in my face when I was being a dick and it completely disarmed me as it was so unexpected. I just couldn't stop laughing. She'd never done it before or since (though I suspect she's keeping it under wraps for the inevitable point in the future where I completely deserve it again).

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Banana. Don't know why I ordered it to be honest, disgusting. 

I remember getting Banana by mistake once. Went straight in the bin with the straw sticking out the top.

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:29, Babylon said:

lol

At least she signalled her intent...

The number of drivers who do not indicate where they're going around that roundabout is a disgrace.  You patiently wait to turn right into Fosse Park and people just casually turn left without bothering to indicate so.  Winds me up.

• Like 1

Mobile Phones.

Bit of traffic. Then when the gaps appeared and everybody speeds up I saw a twat in an Audi nearly rear end a broken down vehicle (cause of the traffic). He than sat behind it thinking he was still stuck in traffic.

The road in front (2 lanes) of the broken down vehicle is empty.

Why was he sitting there in a one man traffic jam? Because he was on his phone thus oblivious to what was going on around him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Mobile Phones.

Bit of traffic. Then when the gaps appeared and everybody speeds up I saw a twat in an Audi nearly rear end a broken down vehicle (cause of the traffic). He than sat behind it thinking he was still stuck in traffic.

The road in front (2 lanes) of the broken down vehicle is empty.

Why was he sitting there in a one man traffic jam? Because he was on his phone thus oblivious to what was going on around him.

Yeah I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve seen similar.

Once I was sat at the front of the queue of traffic lights, two lanes. The guy beside was on his phone, lights on red. Someone behind bipped at something and the twat started to drive into flowing cross traffic, only just stopped in time. The melt deserved to get wiped out by an artic.