Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Duelling lorries on the motorway.  

Why do they have to try to overtake when one is going about half a mile per hour faster than the other thus creating a rolling road block for about 4 miles?

A1 between Stamford and Newark is always bad for this.

13 hours ago, adam1 said:

Change thread title to "what has annoyed your gf on the roads today".

The gf sets off to work 10mins before me...

On Thursday morning she was in a queue of traffic at the end of Walnut Street and then joins onto the road past the Tigers. She is queuing to do the loop around.

Someone tries to queue jump. She tries to prevent them. She fails. Person sticks their finger up. She starts to rant and rave at this driver.

Said driver turns around. She instantly puts her head into her hands. 

It was me:D.

10 minutes for a distance of 6 miles. How slow can you be?

That's 36 mph, assuming you never stop or slow down for other traffic, junctions, lights, etc.

:dunno:

This really annoys me; I drive home from work down the M69 to Leicester every day. As we approach the end of the M69, the three lanes merge into two.

At least once every other day now, someone decides they don't like people using the third 'fast' lane, all the way up until the merge, so they decide to move their car or van half way across the 2nd and 3rd lanes to block said traffic. 

If the fast lane was closed or had roadworks on it, I would completely get their sentiment for doing so as people would rightly be queueing to pass the obstruction. However, this is a MERGING of two lanes, the highway code states that vehicles in this situation should merge in turn. This keeps traffic flowing a hell of a lot faster than everyone just piling into lane two.

Sort it out you morons!!

• Like 1

How many drivers when approaching a roundabout, suddenly stop when literally nothing is coming onto said roundabout from the right? It happened to me this am. On mi scooter I could see there was nothing approaching but the fookin car in front jammed on the anchors and if my amazing Burgman 650 didn’t have anti-lock brakes and terrific suspension, I’d have been up the bottom of the car in front.

Drivers... look to your right and KEEP GOING if there is nowt approaching!

FFS...

:D

• Like 2

Just now, Col city fan said:

How many drivers when approaching a roundabout, suddenly stop when literally nothing is coming onto said roundabout from the right? It happened to me this am. On mi scooter I could see there was nothing approaching but the fookin car in front jammed on the anchors and if my amazing Burgman 650 didn’t have anti-lock brakes and terrific suspension, I’d have been up the bottom of the car in front.

FFS...

Wish I could give this more than 1 thumb up.  Can these people not assess the road before they've physically arrived at the entrance?

Sorry to hear about your bike though.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

FFS...

I crashed a bit the back of someone a few years ago doing similar, although we were stationary in rush hour and a big gap appeared. I thought, we can easily both go here and she started to pull off. So I’m looking right to make double sure I’m clear, and I am. Then Bang, she had stopped for no reason :cry:

Edited by Strokes

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

FFS...

All been there Col ...   and dare I say it ...     its mainly ...      women ! ...       :o

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

FFS...

Worse than this is when you're second in line to pull out of a side road and a space big enough for the car in front of you AND yourself comes along and the car in front doesn't move!

I swear some people want written permission to manoeuvre!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I crashed a bit the back of someone a few years ago doing similar, although we were stationary in rush hour and a big gap appeared. I thought, we can easily both go here and she started to pull off. So I’m looking right to make double sure I’m clear, and I am. Then Bang, she had stopped for no reason :cry:

I fell victim to this one, although on a slip road feeding into the main A road rather than a roundabout.  From the insurers point of view, my fault, as I had gone into the back.  However, this logic did not account for the fact that she'd stopped mid-manoeuvre when the road was clear for both of us to join the road.  The collision, if you can call it that, happened at no more than 5mph, but of course the insurance company came back a few days later to say she was claiming for injuries sustained in the collision.  All very fishy for me and yet another reason why many people face ott insurance prices due to people fleecing the system.  Very annoying and of course you are victim of increased premiums yourself until you don't have to declare it 5 years later.  Would a dashcam absolve you of blame in this type of incident since they're the in thing these days?  

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

FFS...

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

25 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I fell victim to this one, although on a slip road feeding into the main A road rather than a roundabout.  From the insurers point of view, my fault, as I had gone into the back.  However, this logic did not account for the fact that she'd stopped mid-manoeuvre when the road was clear for both of us to join the road.  The collision, if you can call it that, happened at no more than 5mph, but of course the insurance company came back a few days later to say she was claiming for injuries sustained in the collision.  All very fishy for me and yet another reason why many people face ott insurance prices due to people fleecing the system.  Very annoying and of course you are victim of increased premiums yourself until you don't have to declare it 5 years later.  Would a dashcam absolve you of blame in this type of incident since they're the in thing these days?  

I get all of the above and it's happened to me so many times and it is very, VERY annoying. However, if you hit the back of the vehicle in front you are deemed, automatically, to be at fault under the "driving without due care and attention" bit of the Road Traffic Act (1986 or whatever year it is). My advice, as a person who drives in emergency situations as well as normal driving is, never expect another person to do what you would do in any given situation. From experience, I always watch the car in front of me at roundabouts and junctions. I wont move up to the line until they have gone. Similarly I never expect a vehicle to my right signalling a left turn when I am waiting to pull out of a junction or a roundabout to actually intend to turn left. There are so many drivers around that simply "drive" rather than "actively drive". Please don't simply be a driver. Be better than the rest.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Parafox said:

I get all of the above and it's happened to me so many times and it is very, VERY annoying. However, if you hit the back of the vehicle in front you are deemed, automatically, to be at fault under the "driving without due care and attention" bit of the Road Traffic Act (1986 or whatever year it is). My advice, as a person who drives in emergency situations as well as normal driving is, never expect another person to do what you would do in any given situation. From experience, I always watch the car in front of me at roundabouts and junctions. I wont move up to the line until they have gone. Similarly I never expect a vehicle to my right signalling a left turn when I am waiting to pull out of a junction or a roundabout to actually intend to turn left. There are so many drivers around that simply "drive" rather than "actively drive". Please don't simply be a driver. Be better than the rest.

Especially WOMEN ! ....    :thumbup:

Dual carriageway. Van on outside lane in line with a car to his left. 

Ambulance comes up and can be seen quite a distance away so everyone behind the van, including us, pull over to the left so the ambulance can go straight through. 

Well. Only if the van driver moves. Which it didn't. Doesn't even speed up to get in front of the car that was on its left (which has now by this time slowed down to let the van in). Get to traffic lights at the junction by which time the ambulance has made its way through, we pull up next to the van and lo and behold - the absolute imbecile is on his phone. 

Really fvcking grinds my gears seeing so much selfishness and ignorance by drivers in that situation, let alone just being on the phone anyway and being so unaware. 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Dual carriageway. Van on outside lane in line with a car to his left. 

Ambulance comes up and can be seen quite a distance away so everyone behind the van, including us, pull over to the left so the ambulance can go straight through. 

Well. Only if the van driver moves. Which it didn't. Doesn't even speed up to get in front of the car that was on its left (which has now by this time slowed down to let the van in). Get to traffic lights at the junction by which time the ambulance has made its way through, we pull up next to the van and lo and behold - the absolute imbecile is on his phone. 

Really fvcking grinds my gears seeing so much selfishness and ignorance by drivers in that situation, let alone just being on the phone anyway and being so unaware. 

I'm all for banning people like this from driving permanently

• Like 1

Was on the ring road, sat in a long queue (about 15-20 cars) to turn right onto Leicester Road because Aylestone Lane is closed and some fannywipe goes along the middle lane for straight ahead and dives in between the traffic island and the front of the queue as the lights change to green. If the driver at the front had gone immediately as the lights changed, there would have been a crash blocking that turn and adding even more misery for road users around there.

Travelling slowly on a single carriageway because of a hay truck clearly visible 8 or so vehicles down at the head of the queue and some absolute muppet pulls out behind me into the oncoming lane to overtake despite there being obviously nowhere for them to go, forcing me to brake and give them room to cut back in before they collide with traffic coming the other way.  And they had a baby on board sign dangling from the back window.  Twats.

Found a few on the m1 southbound today whilst going through Derbyshire/Notts.

3rd out of 4 lanes. 65mph. Road in front of them is empty and traffic forced to go around them.

I went behind one and flashed them several times. When I overtook them they were in that pose - gripping onto the steering wheel for dear life, sat very close to the steering wheel, and staring ahead as if they are concentrating very hard....

... yet oblivious to what was going on around them.