Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Southampton away

I think we'll win this game 3-2. We'll go 2 nil up inside 20 minutes and then they'll get one back before half time. We'll get a 3rd after about 57 minutes and then they'll reduce it again and the final 15 minutes will be agony.

I'd go with

Schmeichel

Simpson

Wasilweski

Morgan

Konchesky

Mahrez

Cambiasso

James

Drinkwater

Powell

Ulloa

So you think Nigel will change his standard away from home tactics of keeping the score 0-0 until 60 mins?

Southampton are second and they'll be dreading us coming down there, they can't lose and we can't win-custom made for a shock, it's what we do, i've already stuck £50 on us to win that's how confident i am!

You sir have more money than sense!

My take on this game is much the same as the previous 5 - whoever starts in midfield / out wide have to work much harder up and down the pitch (1) to support our under seige full backs and then (2) when we have possession work hard going forward, hold possession and use some creative flair re attacks from wider areas.

It is very frustrating seeing us give up possession with a poor first or second pass and when that happens consistently we revert to lumping it up to a lone target who struggles to even hold up play because our midfielders don't run hard enough to get up and offer support and or options.

Vardy and Mahrez arent that good (yet) to tear anyone up, I would have Nugent instead of Vardy (because how many chances does Vardy need to score he has missed a fair few this season)

He's creating them and opening up space!! Nugent is just a work horse, it will NOT work anymore. But please Nugent, prove me wrong and show us a different side to your game.

Southampton fan in peace :sweating::whistle: Wanted to see what you leicester fans were thinking about the game on Saturday. Seems a lot of you are expecting a heavy defeat, with a few seeing you maybe sneaking a win/draw. I was also interested in how you think you'll play and set-up against us, you've got a few ex pompey in your team (nugent and de laet and I think maybe lawrence?), would be interesting if they played as it seems those players are destined to hurt us (even if it's from beyond portsmouth's grave) lol  The way I see it is you guys have to defend to near perfection for the entire 90 minutes and hope that we have a bit of bad luck. Defensively, we are perfect, the system in place from the very front line makes it very difficult to open us up, if we go 1-0 up, that is probably game, set & match. Against Newcastle, when we went 2-0 up very early, the game was won... newcastle couldn't touch the ball and when they did, they couldn't go very far into our half without being closed down, all options blocked off and quickly dispossed. You lot looked alright in the early parts of the season and recently seem to have been unlucky, especially last week against west brom. I believe you guys will be fine this season though and although I am confident on winning on saturday, it wouldn't surprise me if you managed to pull off a 1-1 draw. I'm almost certain that we'll score at least 1 and although we seem solid at the back we are susceptible to the conceding a bit of a screamer or a deflected shot from distance. Set pieces could also be very important.

Unless you set-up defensively and I'm talking strong back 4, pacey full backs with 3 defensive minded, midfield players to just try and somehow stop schneiderlin, wanyama, davis/cork from running the game, pace on the wings because clyne and bertrand will have them all day long and Ulloa needs to be on it. I can see Ulloa scoring to be fair and I predict 3-1 us. ;)

Sorry guys, wish you luck for the rest of the season as I'm actually located not far from you guys (northamptonshire) and know quite a few leicester fans! Who knows? I might be eating my words come 5pm Saturday hahaha! :sweating:

Southampton fan in peace :sweating::whistle: Wanted to see what you leicester fans were thinking about the game on Saturday. Seems a lot of you are expecting a heavy defeat, with a few seeing you maybe sneaking a win/draw. I was also interested in how you think you'll play and set-up against us, you've got a few ex pompey in your team (nugent and de laet and I think maybe lawrence?), would be interesting if they played as it seems those players are destined to hurt us (even if it's from beyond portsmouth's grave) lol The way I see it is you guys have to defend to near perfection for the entire 90 minutes and hope that we have a bit of bad luck. Defensively, we are perfect, the system in place from the very front line makes it very difficult to open us up, if we go 1-0 up, that is probably game, set & match. Against Newcastle, when we went 2-0 up very early, the game was won... newcastle couldn't touch the ball and when they did, they couldn't go very far into our half without being closed down, all options blocked off and quickly dispossed. You lot looked alright in the early parts of the season and recently seem to have been unlucky, especially last week against west brom. I believe you guys will be fine this season though and although I am confident on winning on saturday, it wouldn't surprise me if you managed to pull off a 1-1 draw. I'm almost certain that we'll score at least 1 and although we seem solid at the back we are susceptible to the conceding a bit of a screamer or a deflected shot from distance. Set pieces could also be very important.

Unless you set-up defensively and I'm talking strong back 4, pacey full backs with 3 defensive minded, midfield players to just try and somehow stop schneiderlin, wanyama, davis/cork from running the game, pace on the wings because clyne and bertrand will have them all day long and Ulloa needs to be on it. I can see Ulloa scoring to be fair and I predict 3-1 us. ;)

Sorry guys, wish you luck for the rest of the season as I'm actually located not far from you guys (northamptonshire) and know quite a few leicester fans! Who knows? I might be eating my words come 5pm Saturday hahaha! :sweating:

Well you've predicted pretty much every outcome so you could be right

Fully expecting a poor result for this one, but I'd like for us to at least revert to our old play style rather than setting up to negate them. We haven't the quality or versatility to change styles every week and to move players out of position so I'm not sure why we continue to do it.

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - Was - Konchesky

Mahrez - Drinkwater - James - Knockaert

Powell

Vardy

Creativity and pace. Partnerships from last year, just haven't put Nugent in there because he's been a bit shit. Knockaert might actually do something with a free kick as well other than kick it at one of their players chests

Sitting 2nd in the league and playing some quality football, dispatching teams with class, of course they're going to give it the bigun's!! They were in league one only a few years back - fair play!

I think Southampton are the type of team that we should be aspiring to be. The way they came up into the Premiership and continued to play football - like we did in the Championship, but not yet managed to replicate fully in the Prem yet.

Hoping for the right team from Nige and to give them a good go tomorrow!

Southampton fan in peace :sweating::whistle: Wanted to see what you leicester fans were thinking about the game on Saturday. Seems a lot of you are expecting a heavy defeat, with a few seeing you maybe sneaking a win/draw. I was also interested in how you think you'll play and set-up against us, you've got a few ex pompey in your team (nugent and de laet and I think maybe lawrence?), would be interesting if they played as it seems those players are destined to hurt us (even if it's from beyond portsmouth's grave) lol  The way I see it is you guys have to defend to near perfection for the entire 90 minutes and hope that we have a bit of bad luck. Defensively, we are perfect, the system in place from the very front line makes it very difficult to open us up, if we go 1-0 up, that is probably game, set & match. Against Newcastle, when we went 2-0 up very early, the game was won... newcastle couldn't touch the ball and when they did, they couldn't go very far into our half without being closed down, all options blocked off and quickly dispossed. You lot looked alright in the early parts of the season and recently seem to have been unlucky, especially last week against west brom. I believe you guys will be fine this season though and although I am confident on winning on saturday, it wouldn't surprise me if you managed to pull off a 1-1 draw. I'm almost certain that we'll score at least 1 and although we seem solid at the back we are susceptible to the conceding a bit of a screamer or a deflected shot from distance. Set pieces could also be very important.

Whilst I can't see past a very comfortable win for you, that is a little extreme to say the least ;). We managed to keep Chelsea at bay for 70minutes at the Bridge and they've all but won the title already, as well as picking up a clean sheet and win at Stoke; aside from that we've been very poor away from home. As you say, if you take the lead I think it'll be very tough for us to come back, if not impossible.

I'd imagine we'll try and frustrate you for as long as possible and hope to nick a goal on the counter, ala Stoke, but keeping you lot at bay will be a lot tougher. I hope and pray we can come out with something, but i've almost wrote this off and thinking of Sunderland onwards. If anything is consistant about Leicester though, it's that we're incosistant :thumbup:

We will play 4 5 1 again and go ultra defensive. Cos of that I cant see anything else but an easy home win. Would rather we played 4 4 2 and give it a bloody go. Rather lose 5 2 having given it a go than a 1 or 2 nil loss having sat back and hoping. Unfortunately it is not Pearsons way.

We will play 4 5 1 again and go ultra defensive. Cos of that I cant see anything else but an easy home win. Would rather we played 4 4 2 and give it a bloody go. Rather lose 5 2 having given it a go than a 1 or 2 nil loss having sat back and hoping. Unfortunately it is not Pearsons way.

Cant quite get this so you would rather our team lose heavily and probably lose some more confidence than narrowly getting beat against the form team in the division

Cant quite get this so you would rather our team lose heavily and probably lose some more confidence than narrowly getting beat against the form team in the division

Strangely yes I would. Paying good money with travel not cheap, you go away with hope and expectation that your team will give a good account of themselves and score some chances when created. Having been already to Stoke, Crystal Palace, Newcastle and the very long trip to Swansea.

I thought we played ok at Stoke and at the very least we created chances especially second half. PAlace we were done by their bully boy tactics and poor defending from set pieces. Newcastle and Swansea was very poor and it is very frustrating playing one up front and creating the square root of naff all.

We can play football passing it quickly on the deck and with Vardys pace we can hurt teams. He has to play in a two upbfront though not isolated out wide.

I would like to see us giving it a go cos playing as we have away from home it is dreadful to watch. Two shots on target at Newcastle, propbably only two at Palace and Swansea wtf why?

We aint got a hope if we continue like this away from home.

Strangely yes I would. Paying good money with travel not cheap, you go away with hope and expectation that your team will give a good account of themselves and score some chances when created. Having been already to Stoke, Crystal Palace, Newcastle and the very long trip to Swansea.

I thought we played ok at Stoke and at the very least we created chances especially second half. PAlace we were done by their bully boy tactics and poor defending from set pieces. Newcastle and Swansea was very poor and it is very frustrating playing one up front and creating the square root of naff all.

We can play football passing it quickly on the deck and with Vardys pace we can hurt teams. He has to play in a two upbfront though not isolated out wide.

I would like to see us giving it a go cos playing as we have away from home it is dreadful to watch. Two shots on target at Newcastle, propbably only two at Palace and Swansea wtf why?

We aint got a hope if we continue like this away from home.

Away from home unless your a top top team you are not going to get many chances anyway, its just been the case away from home at the moment that when we do create a chance we have not taken it. For example Matty James against Newcastle that goes in we win 1-0, Palace Vardy takes his chance we get something out of the game

Archived