The Doctor Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 Diamond worked vs man utd, was an improvement vs west brom but Schlupp at left back in the prem is terrifying
lgfualol Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 I'm okay with that team. Glad Nugent isnt playing. But. PLAY MAHREZ PLEASE ELSE HE WILL **** OFF IN JANUARY
Matt Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 NUGENT BEEN DROPPED!! :frantics: :frantics: Still got De Laet and Drinkwater in there though and no wingers
Vindaloo FOX Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 I like Schlupp is back he and RDL will bomb up the wings when they can also 2 upfront is what we have all wanted . I still would have liked to have seen Powell in for King and Konckaert on the bench .
NewburyFox Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 The only thing I'd complain about is the lack of creativity in midfield. I would've put either Powell or Mahrez in for King. Happy with Schlupp in, you need full backs capable of attacking and Jeff is much better than that than Konch. Still think we'll lose by a couple mind. COYB.
cc_star Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 With David Nugent, a forward, at the top, not three defensive midfielders. Defensive midfielders? King - is an excellent defensive midfielder Drinkwater - best attacking mid in Championship last season, most passes in final 3rd and touches in opposition half - Most likely the reason he's struggled this season because that sort of play requires overwhelming possession which we're obviously not going to get Cambiasso - Supposed to be a defensive midfielder but I'm not sure he's showed it for us, most at home making a simple pass around halfway line to retain possession, pushes forward too much to reliably allow our fullbacks to push up James - The odd one for me, good player covers a lot of ground but again pushes forward & is less than stellar defensively. For me it's the lack of disciplined defensive midfielders that has helped see us concede most shots on target in the division. Whoever plays at base of diamond today hopefully stays there & doesn't undo us by rushing to opposition box leaving us horribly exposed with attacking fullbacks that are needed in top flight football
Mark Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 The only thing I'd complain about is the lack of creativity in midfield. I would've put either Powell or Mahrez in for King Don't be daft we can't risk any creativity
Callabinho Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 This is going to be painful. Got to be at least 5 or 6-0...
Matt Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 TBH i'm abit disappointed Nugent is on the bench, he doesn't even warrent that and we all know Pearson will bring him on at the earliest opportunity. I'm slagging him off in hope he will come on, get us a goal and make me look stupid - Doubt he will though. What Powell has to do to get a start I don't know.
Witch Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 This is going to be painful. Got to be at least 5 or 6-0... I just love the faith and trust you have in your team...
Brooksy Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 Still don't know how De Laet gets in. Same, he's been woeful. Why did we sign Simpson?
filbertway Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 I'll take that team, with Schlupp at left back at least we will have width on both sides on the overlap. 2 up top, hopefully high pressing from us is on the cards. Feeling quite positive about it.
The Doctor Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 Not sure on the creativity complaints - we didn't have a recognised creative player vs man utd, and Nugent essentially played a kamaark role on blind, not a a creator - king on schneiderlin seems to try to echo that. It looks a good lineup, just need them to play to the level we know they're capable of.
Fox92 Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 Same, he's been woeful. Why did we sign Simpson? I agree, I'm not sure it's strange. He hasn't even been on the bench once.
lgfualol Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 I reckon if drinkwater or De Laet spent a whole game just scoring own goals they'd still get picked. heh
dave_the_fox Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 I agree, I'm not sure it's strange. He hasn't even been on the bench once. Apart from his debut at palace, although i agree with the point being made
Guest Col city fan Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 Im glad to see Jeff back in. I don't much like the diamond though
kingfox Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 Tadic & Mane will have a field day. De Laet & Schlupp going forward might offer something, but with no support defensively they could both have shockers today, also no creativity yet again. Only positives, Nugent dropped & no Hammond in the squad.
theessexfox Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 Convinced last week's post-match comments were about Mahrez now.
Ian W LCFC Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 What a terrible line up. We were absolute shit playing with that formation at home to West Brom. I can't even think how it's going to fare away at Southampton.
Fox92 Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 Apart from his debut at palace, although i agree with the point being made I forgot about that!
Bettsj2 Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 I like the fact he's stuck with the formation. Giving them a chance to get used to it. I think it will work better with Schlupp instead of Konch. Hopefully this will add some width. We've all been calling for Vardy and Ulloa as a pair and here it is. Keep it solid for the first half and see what happens.
StanSP Posted 8 November 2014 Posted 8 November 2014 Let's just hope Saints are really, really complacent and don't have a day like vs Sunderland. Fvck it - I just want us to have a good go at it and play the simple balls. Pass it well, let's no resort to hoof-ball. We know how good we can be. Let's fvcking prove it. Let's go at them, pressure them, hassle them, get in to them and make them make mistakes. I just want to fvcking win!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.