Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

Don't know what you've got against the kid but clearly he's wronged you somewhere/somehow. He has absolutely no technical ability then? His 2 goals from outside the box this season, how did they go in then? And because he's had 'more bad games than good' (bollocks, by the way), you wouldn't play him in the next game if he was available? Because you don't like him, or because he has no technical ability? Even if he was motm every game between now and the end of the season you'd likely find reasons to not like him.

No I think you've been reading what Col's been writing compared to what I've actually said.

I hardly ever really mention Jeffrey Schlupp. Perhaps you or indeed Col could go back and find some evidence of me saying otherwise I know he likes to portray that I've had a hate campaign against much in the way he has had against certain players but the truth of the matter is I hardly even mention him, I'm quite happy to admit otherwise if you can find some evidence contrary to that, I think I've said once in here after one of his inept displays (think it was Villa in this case) I'd rather Albrighton get a go that's about it. No not none but little for a professional footballer and you can't make he is exactly blessed with a lot, it's easy it is not hard to see where his strengths are, QPR was most definitely lets lash at this and see what happens (nothing wrong with it but not hard to technically accomplish) today's was a good finish. One decent goal outside of the box does not make a technical genius, it's a feet a number of center halves achieve.

It is most definitely not bollocks he has good today Spurs QPR, I'd give him Stoke and arguably Burnley as he scored but he was pretty average in that game if you ask me,  in near enough every other game in our bad run that he played he was horribly ineffective (about 5 or 6 games and any criticism handed during that period was more than warranted), and was poor when he came on against Everton and was poor against Chelsea and despite your jaw dropping assesment of him being "excellent" against Hull it was certainly not excellent. I wouldn't even consider it close in terms to a good/bad ratio.

He is not really my type of player and I don't like him, that doesn't mean I wouldn't view him as worthy as a starter in the next game( I would ) nor do I think he is totally incapable of contributing at this level despite the fact I don't think he is good enough for this level (I don't think the majority of the team are)

You might want to argue with my actual opinion as opposed to the one made up by someone else

No I think you've been reading what Col's been writing compared to what I've actually said.

I hardly ever really mention Jeffrey Schlupp. Perhaps you or indeed Col could go back and find some evidence of me saying otherwise I know he likes to portray that I've had a hate campaign against much in the way he has had against certain players but the truth of the matter is I hardly even mention him, I'm quite happy to admit otherwise if you can find some evidence contrary to that, I think I've said once in here after one of his inept displays (think it was Villa in this case) I'd rather Albrighton get a go that's about it. No not none but little for a professional footballer and you can't make he is exactly blessed with a lot, it's easy it is not hard to see where his strengths are, QPR was most definitely lets lash at this and see what happens (nothing wrong with it but not hard to technically accomplish) today's was a good finish. One decent goal outside of the box does not make a technical genius, it's a feet a number of center halves achieve.

It is most definitely not bollocks he has good today Spurs QPR, I'd give him Stoke and arguably Burnley as he scored but he was pretty average in that game if you ask me,  in near enough every other game in our bad run that he played he was horribly ineffective (about 5 or 6 games and any criticism handed during that period was more than warranted), and was poor when he came on against Everton and was poor against Chelsea and despite your jaw dropping assesment of him being "excellent" against Hull it was certainly not excellent. I wouldn't even consider it close.

He is not really my type of player and I don't like him, that doesn't mean I wouldn't view him as worthy as a starter in the next game( I would ) nor do I think he is totally incapable of contributing at this level despite the fact I don't think he is good enough for this level (I don't think the majority of the team are)

You might want to argue with my actual opinion as opposed to the one made up by someone else

Dave Nugent

Career appearances - 438

Goals this season - 2 (1 of which was a penalty)

Assists this season - Unsure...1?

Jeff Schlupp

Career appearances - 93

Goals this season - 3

Assists this season - At least 3

The fact you criticized me for slating nugent, yet you 'don't rate' Schlupp is quite simply laughable.

Dave Nugent

Career appearances - 438

Goals this season - 2 (1 of which was a penalty)

Assists this season - Unsure...1?

Jeff Schlupp

Career appearances - 93

Goals this season - 3

Assists this season - At least 3

The fact you criticized me for slating nugent, yet you 'don't rate' Schlupp is quite simply laughable.

Oh great another one who can't read. You don't slate nugent what you type borderlines on personal defermation

I crisitised you for slating nugent as a CHAMPIONSIP player (twenty goals, 9 assists) and saying we carried him to the league title. That my friend is what is laughable. I think i've said on numerous occassions he's no Prem player either, in fact I think I've said it today.

Although you've picked a fine day to come out the woodwork, how did Nugent get on today kid? lol 

Oh great another one who can't read. You don't slate nugent what you type borderlines on personal defermation

I crisitised you for slating nugent as a CHAMPIONSIP player (twenty goals, 9 assists) and saying we carried him to the league title. That my friend is what is laughable. I think i've said on numerous occassions he's no Prem player either, in fact I think I've said it today.

Although you've picked a fine day to come out the woodwork, how did Nugent get on today kid? lol

Nugent did well.....

One decent performance in 20 games is just what we need at this level isn't it?

How you can back a player who is playing as a second striker and has scored a single goal in open play this season after playing over 400 games in his career is a mystery to me.

Nugent did well.....

One decent performance in 20 games is just what we need at this level isn't it?

How you can back a player who is playing as a second striker and has scored a single goal in open play this season after playing over 400 games in his career is a mystery to me.

Yes but it's more than one game though isn't, If you don't think he played well against Man U you should be watching netball and there are various other games he has done well in in which we've picked up points. He did well against Hull for example, set up the goal for one.

Although again try reading as I've said he needs replacing or at the very least given some proper competition, my gripe with you was more moronic carried in the Championship remark, I dunno how many times I have to say that before it actually sinks in though.

I don't mean to split hairs but according to ESPN Jeffrey has at most two assists as he doesn't even feature in the top assists list.

Yes but it's more than one game though isn't, If you don't think he played well against Man U you should be watching netball and there are various other games he has done well in in which we've picked up points. He did well against Hull for example, set up the goal for one.

Although again try reading as I've said he needs replacing or at the very least given some proper competition, my gripe with you was more moronic carried in the Championship remark, I dunno how many times I have to say that before it actually sinks in though.

Why do you keep bringing me up in your posts? You've made it pretty clear you don't rate Schlupp and are now having to back track. Fair enough. I'm glad he's improving. I'd appreciate it if you don't keep mentioning my name in your posts. We go round in circles, leading to me being banned the other night, the reason for which has still not been given. I'd rather we don't discuss each other in our posts. We'll never agree on much.

Over and out.

Why do you keep bringing me up in your posts? You've made it pretty clear you don't rate Schlupp and are now having to back track. Fair enough. I'm glad he's improving. I'd appreciate it if you don't keep mentioning my name in your posts. We go round in circles, leading to me being banned the other night, the reason for which has still not been given. I'd rather we don't discuss each other in our posts. We'll never agree on much.

Over and out.

Dunno what your on about that post doesn't mention you once.

That reading problem really is quite severe isn't it

I don't mean to split hairs but according to ESPN Jeffrey has at most two assists as he doesn't even feature in the top assists list.

If nugent's pass for mahrez counts as an assist, then jeff must have at least 4.

The problem i have with you, is that you cannot give any praise to jeff after 3-4 terrific performances in a row, yet one goal from nugent, which 9/10 he would miss, and again you can suddenly insult me.

Jeff has been a far superior player to nugent this season. More goals and more assists....it really is that simple.

If nugent's pass for mahrez counts as an assist, then jeff must have at least 4.

The problem i have with you, is that you cannot give any praise to jeff after 3-4 terrific performances in a row, yet one goal from nugent, which 9/10 he would miss, and again you can suddenly insult me.

Jeff has been a far superior player to nugent this season. More goals and more assists....it really is that simple.

Well no I'm afraid it does and no he doesn't he has 2 at most, actual stats not pie in the sky guesses like yours.

I hope your not counting Hull but I clearly have praised him, please look above, and for the last time, try reading.

You came in here and started this so why your blaming me for insulting you I don't know and you probably shouldn't be suprised to get some back.

Debatable, and even if your right I don't see what point you are trying to make I've not said Nugent is good enough for this league and never have.

Well no I'm afraid it does and no he doesn't he has 2 at most, actual stats not pie in the sky guesses like yours.

I hope your not counting Hull but I clearly have praised him, please look above, and for the last time, try reading.

You came in here and started this so why your blaming me for insulting you I don't know and you probably shouldn't be suprised to get some back.

Debatable, and even if your right I don't see what point you are trying to make I've not said Nugent is good enough for this league and never have.

he was great at hull.

A different performance to today and spurs, but his tracking back and the amount of times he won the ball back was great.

It's called development. I've seen it so many times with young players. All of a sudden the penny drops and their understanding of the game improves. The other reason is when they decide to knuckle down commit more to training etc and take their opportunity. Either way he deserves every credit, and will be a big player for us.

I said it earlier in this thread that he needs to show more consistency. Well the past few games he has been brilliant. Keep it up Jeff, you are looking like a real prospect. He has a frightening turn of foot and a great instinctive shot. Just needs to turn it into more intelligent play more often and we have an absolute gem!

I'm bored of reading your rubbish, mate. You turn threads into two/three people arguments meaning everyone else has to scroll through your ego dribble.

I'm bored of reading your rubbish, mate. You turn threads into two/three people arguments meaning everyone else has to scroll through your ego dribble.

Funnily enough I couldn't care less what someone who has signed up to the forum 6 months ago as we've been promoted to the Premier League thinks.

Pearson believes Schlupp has finally found his best position.

“He is better off when he is facing up the field,” said Pearson. “He utilises his ability in terms of how he manipulates the ball and he has got unbelievable pace.”

Archived