Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

I'm just amazed people think criticising three months of bad form is premature but the big I told you so isn't premature after a handful of good games.

The whole team was poor for a good while not just Schlupp. I would also say quite often he was just the usual Schlupp, a combination of sublime and shocking. I'd imagine he will continue to be like that as well, the good stuff us not edging out the bad stuff a bit more. The panic that you see wash over him when he gets a clear sight at goal in the spurs highlights sums him up for me, he's an instinct player.

I'm just amazed people think criticising three months of bad form is premature but the big I told you so isn't premature after a handful of good games.

Yep, I'd agree with that. As I said in my post he's proving me wrong and long may that continue but I still think he's got a bit to prove. At the start of the season he did chip in with a couple of goals and assists but I'd argue that for every good thing he did, he also did at least one thing that was very poor. There were times when he was an absolute liability but I do think those occasions are getting fewer as he gets more experience.

Big fan of Schlupp

I think his biggest hurdle to overcome will be composure

He makes the right runs, he picks the right passes, his 1st time shots cause havoc because he can keep them down AND powerful.

but when in on goal (especially when he has time to think) he still seems happy to hit the target, rather than pick out the corner. the example today comes from his jinking run that opened up space on the edge of the box, but he rifled it powerfully at the keeper when a more composed player would have slotted it into the corner.

But you dont worry about that on a day he provides a goal & an assist in a 2-1 win.

He was very positive today which I liked but his end product was poor, he should've scored early on (after a good piece of dribbling to get into a good position I'll add), I think he's done well this season but today he was decent rather than amazing, and of course I can't criticise him when he gives us a rare injury time winner to celebrate. 

lol Christ that finish for the second goal was diabolical. That's literally the one time in a billion where the 'keeper lets that in.

At least it was on target & not in row ZZ like against Everton.

That's what you call progress  :thumbup:

lol Christ that finish for the second goal was diabolical. That's literally the one time in a billion where the 'keeper lets that in.

can't knock him too much for that really, it takes some effort to catch a ball flush on the volley coming across your body whilst you're on the run. i'd throw a guess out there and say at least 50% of our players would've completely airshot it and the other 45% would've tried to control it. took a chance and it came off, fair play. 

can't knock him too much for that really, it takes some effort to catch a ball flush on the volley coming across your body whilst you're on the run. i'd throw a guess out there and say at least 50% of our players would've completely airshot it and the other 45% would've tried to control it. took a chance and it came off, fair play. 

All true, diabolical is far too strong. Fair play for getting it on target, still Vorm has had an absolute 'mare there.

I don't ever slate our players, but a few months ago, my opinion of Schlupp was of someone who eternally shows potential but eventually has to turn that potential into something concrete.  I doubted he would ever prove to be the player that some on here, Alex Ferguson and successive Leicester managers thought he would.

I was wrong, what a monster.

All true, diabolical is far too strong. Fair play for getting it on target, still Vorm has had an absolute 'mare there.

haha yeah obviously we've got a huge slice of luck but gotta buy a ticket to win the raffle etc. isn't always the case but it does really frustrate me when some players take about 12 touches around the box to tee themselves up in the perfect position for the easiest strike and get tackled/blocked. two examples today from schlupp of just having a snap shot and seeing what happens. two goals. magic. 

haha yeah obviously we've got a huge slice of luck but gotta buy a ticket to win the raffle etc. isn't always the case but it does really frustrate me when some players take about 12 touches around the box to tee themselves up in the perfect position for the easiest strike and get tackled/blocked. two examples today from schlupp of just having a snap shot and seeing what happens. two goals. magic. 

I would like to believe that the first was more getting it into the mixer than a shot as he didn't appear to apply too much power. Ambitious though.

I would like to believe that the first was more getting it into the mixer than a shot as he didn't appear to apply too much power. Ambitious though.

perhaps, either way again it shows that when he doesn't have much time he often does the right things. he could've controlled the first, made a move out wide and sliced his cross behind or something daft. can't knock him today, even if his goal was rather lucky to say the least :D

Him on the left, albrighton on the right, Ulloa and Kramaric up top......Just need james and cambiasso back.

.................Hamer

simpson..wes.......was......de laet

.albrighton..james...cambi.....Schlupp

............Kram.........ulloa

Now we have a shot at survival.

Him on the left, albrighton on the right, Ulloa and Kramaric up top......Just need james and cambiasso back.

.................Hamer

I would like to see this!

.................Hamer

Mahrez for Albrighton and i'd agree.

That's a shot lol

Not entirely convinced the ball for the kramaric chance wasn't either lol

Nah that one was definitely a cross, you can tell by the way he kicks it, doesn't look up at the goal either.

It's a good save but Krammy had to bury that really, a poor miss.

lol Christ that finish for the second goal was diabolical a bit fortunate. That's literally the one time in a billion where the 'keeper lets that in.

I think it was one of those where it was just bad enough that it managed to fool the keeper into making a hash of it. If he'd connected a little bit better it probably wouldnt have caused so much trouble and ended in the back of the net.

I'll hold my hands up and say that when Schlupp first came into the squad, I didn't think he'd progress past a mediocre championship player at best. His only redeeming feature was his speed and strength, and that wasn't enough. Since then, though, he's come on in leaps and bounds and seems to be developing a bit of a footballing brain. The lad's only 22 remember, so give him a couple years and if he can improve his composure in front of goal and fine tune his technique, then he could be a real asset.

Archived