Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

Needs to improve his first touch at times and his crossing, but he has all the attributes to be a top top player. Great strength, pace, power and defensively good. He has improved with every game he has played, and I can see him becoming the complete article very soon.

Needs to improve his first touch at times and his crossing, but he has all the attributes to be a top top player. Great strength, pace, power and defensively good. He has improved with every game he has played, and I can see him becoming the complete article very soon.

quite true. All he needs is game time while he learns his trade. He's taken to the prem quicker than any other player in the Squad. He's also the only one who can play left Midfield.

We'll miss him when he's gone on ITNL Duty. 

I'm open to opinions (that aren't Col's or Lee's) is there a particular thing he did today that you would say was particularly excellent?

From where I am sitting he offered little going forward, and we had a lot of dangerous breaks down our left and Konchesky ended up walking so don't tell me he was well covered.

Some posters want to heap blame on Schlupp for everything that goes wrong. How can you blame him for the careless action of Konch in incurring 2 yellow cards? And when Hutton scored that goal in a previous game, our left winger manages to track back into our penalty area but loses Hutton's run into our 6 yard box. Where was our senior professional LB while all this is going on? He has been stationed comfortably along pur back line with a perfect view of everything happening in front of him, yet still fails to be alert to the main danger. Schlupp has run all the way back and has no chance of such a composed view of the situation. Yet he is blamed by many.

In fact, Schlupp's selfless tracking back has served to spare Konch's blushes on many occasions and to hide his frailties.

Decent today but he did look a little tired. Understandable after his performance boxing day.

I'm assuming this is his first ever season minus a winter break, let alone 4 games in a week or whatever were gonna end up playing. and his first season as a full international after a world cup so no summer break. He'll be fecked I'm guessing lol

edit lol gonna leave this here for everyone to laugh at, I thought this was the mahrez thread. I'm still drunk.

MOTM again today. Still the occasional brain fart but his pace, strength and work rate are so important. 

Worked his nuts off, but MOTM is stretching it.

He has been much, much improved in the last 2 games.

I'm open to opinions (that aren't Col's or Lee's) is there a particular thing he did today that you would say was particularly excellent?

From where I am sitting he offered little going forward, and we had a lot of dangerous breaks down our left and Konchesky ended up walking so don't tell me he was well covered.

Broke up attacks, not only on the wing but tracking in to the middle of the park as well, clearances when in serious trouble, doubled up with the full back countless times to nullify attacks, always looking to beat his man when possible, at times doing so, his energy levels were fantastic (not seen the stats but imagine he ran furtherst on the pitch today), positional awareness was also good. You've stated you'll never like him no matter what he does so can't help but feel you'll forever be blinkered no matter what he does, as you've stated.

Some posters want to heap blame on Schlupp for everything that goes wrong. How can you blame him for the careless action of Konch in incurring 2 yellow cards? And when Hutton scored that goal in a previous game, our left winger manages to track back into our penalty area but loses Hutton's run into our 6 yard box. Where was our senior professional LB while all this is going on? He has been stationed comfortably along pur back line with a perfect view of everything happening in front of him, yet still fails to be alert to the main danger. Schlupp has run all the way back and has no chance of such a composed view of the situation. Yet he is blamed by many.

In fact, Schlupp's selfless tracking back has served to spare Konch's blushes on many occasions and to hide his frailties.

I hope you don't mean me he's to blame for very little another being a ineffective cog in a very ineffective machine taking the season as a whole.

I agree Konchesky was dire today but apparently Jeffrey was "excellent" I'm sorry if that's the case I'd have to see something other than zero contribution going forwards and his left back being ripped to pieces. 

As I say if someone can tell me something he did particularly well today than fair enough, I somewhat doubt it though, not saying he was awful himself but he didn't really offer a lot.

And to the person saying how can we not notice the improvement, he's hardly had the hardest base to start from has he.

Broke up attacks, not only on the wing but tracking in to the middle of the park as well, clearances when in serious trouble, doubled up with the full back countless times to nullify attacks, always looking to beat his man when possible, at times doing so, his energy levels were fantastic (not seen the stats but imagine he ran furtherst on the pitch today), positional awareness was also good. You've stated you'll never like him no matter what he does so can't help but feel you'll forever be blinkered no matter what he does, as you've stated.

Not at all give him credit for boxing day, you've basically just stated he ran around a lot, you say he got round his man a lot I remember once and he was pulled up for a foul, and we got opened up numerous times down the left and side and he did nothing going forwards, if that what constitutes an excellent left wing display it's no wonder ,we are in trouble.

How can you blame Schlupp for Konchesky being a moron making 2 stupid tackles?

Who's blaming him.

Need to get key stage three course going for some of you lot.

to make it easy

HE WAS APPARENTLY EXCELLENT. HOW WAS HE EXCELLENT IF HE DID NOTHING GOING FORWARDS AND WE WERE OPENED UP TIME AFTER TIME AFTER TIME DOWN THE LEFT AND OUR LEFT FULL BACK WAS LEFT IN A POSITION WHERE HE HAD TO MAKE TO TACKLES WORTHY OF A BOOKING.

He didn't though both of Konchesky's bookings were stupid tackles he didn't have to make, the first was his own fault for over running the ball then lunging in, watch them back Schlupp had nothing to do with our most experienced player acting like a retard, but then you'd need a new reason to blame Schlupp ...

pleased he got another seemingly positive performance, although he was rarely in the picture every time konchesky was defending and he wasn't involved in an attacking highlight, but you can't get a full picture from motd.

pleased he got another seemingly positive performance, although he was rarely in the picture every time konchesky was defending and he wasn't involved in an attacking highlight, but you can't get a full picture from motd.

If you go solely off that then we had only 1 chance all game they need to do a better edit job

If you go solely off that then we had only 1 chance all game they need to do a better edit job

well yeah that's why I said you can't fully judge it. point was tho if Schlupp (or anyone) had done anything special going forward they would presumably have shown it? but he didn't?

He didn't though both of Konchesky's bookings were stupid tackles he didn't have to make, the first was his own fault for over running the ball then lunging in, watch them back Schlupp had nothing to do with our most experienced player acting like a retard, but then you'd need a new reason to blame Schlupp ...

Blame him for what we won ffs. I'm saying he wasn't excellent simple statement of fact. Now I might have a different view of excellent to everyone else but to offer a very limited contribution both going forwards and at the back is not excellent. His contribution going forwards was non existent and his contribution at the back neither stopped us getting opened up on that flank on numerous occasions nor did it stop Konchesky (albeit his own fault stupidly) getting sent off. An excellent performance to me would be a player going above and beyond and preventing the attacks down our left and covering the full back to the extent that were fully comfortable and not having to make stupid challenges. He did neither, he was functional today, ineffective going forwards and offer limited protection to Konchesky, If that excellent I say again it's no wonder we are in such trouble,

Like punching a brick wall posting here sometimes. It'd probably be more productive as it'd burn more calories. 

well yeah that's why I said you can't fully judge it. point was tho if Schlupp (or anyone) had done anything special going forward they would presumably have shown it? but he didn't?

He did nothing going forward today, much the same as pretty much every away game he's played in.

Defensively I thought he did pretty well actually, surprised to see MP calling him out for Konchesky getting sent off, especially seeing as the first yellow card was a poor pass by Konchesky followed by a silly foul halfway inside the Hull half.

Certainly wasn't "excellent", nobody was.

Think they have a non excellence policy.

Jeff Schlupp is too excellent for MOTD.

He did nothing going forward today, much the same as pretty much every away game he's played in.

Defensively I thought he did pretty well actually, surprised to see MP calling him out for Konchesky getting sent off, especially seeing as the first yellow card was a poor pass by Konchesky followed by a silly foul halfway inside the Hull half.

OMG

I'd of thought one person would get one I'm on about.

To clear up any confusion I am not in anyway shape or form blaming Jeff Schlupp for Paul Koncheskys red, not what I am trying to say at all, in any way or shape.

Archived