Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

He's fvcking awesome.

Whenever I feel down, I stick the Everton highlights from the first day of the season on. His miss makes me laugh so much every time I see it.

Also his celebrations show exactly how much he loves the club and I really hope he stays here for a very long time.

Looks to be on FIRE at the moment!

So pleased for the young lad to be proving those who were slating him on here, wrong. You know who you are.

Long may this form continue.

I've slated him but only for his end product. On a lot of occasions he's been our best outlet on the left side.

Looks to be on FIRE at the moment!

So pleased for the young lad to be proving those who were slating him on here, wrong. You know who you are.

Long may this form continue.

All hail Col, I'm guessing you saw this 10 game run coming long ago when he couldn't even get in our team last season.

My hero.

:crylaugh:

And that's only the first three pages.

Cretinous post and that's being generous.

------------------------

Delighted for Schlupp. I still think he's a bit of a clown at times but he's looking so much more positive lately. He was itching for that goal. Constantly in the right positions but just never given the service. Very poor effort in the first half though. Should be scoring that for me.

All hail Col, I'm guessing you saw this 10 game run coming long ago when he couldn't even get in our team last season.

My hero.

No, I was thinking more about some of the twits who were even reducing it to 'he can't even play football' and the such like. Our own fans, slating one of our own young players, on this very forum. Not just being critical, but condemning him.

Hang your heads boys...

Last season and before a number of posters reckoned he couldn't cut it in the Championship and wanted him sold or out on loan.

This season a number of posters have labelled him as a poor player, I'm not going to repeat the insults coming from a selected few.  Neither am I going to argue with them, he has weaknesses in his game just like every other player and all posters are entitled to their opinions.

My view on him hasn't changed from my earlier posts.  He isn't the best exponent of the wingers position but he has qualities that are good enough to earn him a starting slot in our team, and crucially he's young and still developing.  Long may it continue.

His end product is very hit and miss still. Today, carving through the Spurs defense in the first half, he had all the time and space to pick a corner of the goal, instead he doesn't even check for options but shoots it straight at Vorm.

And his goal was all down to a portion of luck - or a very costly clanger from Vorm. Depends on how you look at it.

Chuffed to bits for Schlupp, he seems to have taken the criticism to heart - now he needs to work more on his delivery and finishing.

But I've mentioned this a few times in the past, people comparing him with Dyer are missing the point that Schlupp's a few years younger than Lloyd was when he made it in the first team (four to five, if I'm not mistaken). So, there's a lot of potential lying around and Jeff can only get better. He's not hit his peak yet at all.

Cretinous post and that's being generous.

------------------------

Delighted for Schlupp. I still think he's a bit of a clown at times but he's looking so much more positive lately. He was itching for that goal. Constantly in the right positions but just never given the service. Very poor effort in the first half though. Should be scoring that for me.

It was on his right foot. He'd have done better with it on his left

It was on his right foot. He'd have done better with it on his left

From where I was standing I thought he had enough time to put it on his left and hit it somewhere that wasnt straight at the keeper.

That aside, he hardly did much wrong y/day and was probably our MOTM in my opinion.

Archived