Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

Lets not pretend he wasn't dog shit until about a month ago.

That depends whether you see dog shit as something you stick your foot and regret it or somewhere for part of the food chain to sustain themselves.

He has never been dogshite. He has often been frustrating. He is a developing player. Fortunately for us, utd decided to pass the option to take him.

He has always shown glimpses but he's now beginning to become a more consistent player. I prefer him to Mahrez because he gets more crosses in instead of delaying the ball till the defenders can reposition. Honestly needs just a few tweaks and he could be the best player we have produced since Bruno.

No, but in fairness he's consistently defended Schlupp, in the face of disproportionate criticism from lots of other posters.

Most of the criticism was fair, particularly that coming prior to christmas, where he all too frequently looked like a lost puppy in this division. He's hit a good run of form, and if he can keep it up, great, but those criticising him for being poor in october and november were fully justified.

Did people notice the run Jeff made across their back four (first half), with the little cut-back cross into the danger area?

If not, watch it back.

Only certain players can do stuff like that. It demands pace and strength and the cut back was 'Hazard esque'.

That demonstrates a player with real confidence and on-form.

I don't want to jump the gun. But wouldn't it be great if one of the key players to keep this club up, was young Schlupp.

I've always believed that, whilst still raw, this boy has got it. Babs has always been right...he's an instinct player. But if (and it is still an 'if'), he can get his decision making right (just being more composed), I think we have a little gem on our hands.

Only seen the highlights from yesterday but he looked brilliant in those. He attacked with directness and pace - something nobody did and Stoke, which you could argue cost us the game - and looked to shoot and create where possible. 

I doubted Schlupp earlier in the season and could not understand why NP preserved with him when, particularly around the time of Newcastle away, he was just woeful every week bar one or two good runs. Now he's consistently one of our better players. If asked, again around the time of the Newcastle game, would I prefer Schlupp dropping to LB and taking Konch out of the 11 I would have said yes but now it seems futile as he's playing with real ability and confidence. Long may it continue.

I'm just amazed people think criticising three months of bad form is premature but the big I told you so isn't premature after a handful of good games.

This.

Jeff has been excellent last few games but let's not start sucking each others dicks just quite yet.

Lloyd Dyer was 26 when he first played for Leicester and that was in League 1. It took him about 5 years to reach his full potential in the Championship

Jeff Schlupp is 22 and starting nearly every week in the Premier League, just imagine how good he can be with a few more years experience!!

Archived