Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

I didn't think he was good enough but the Spurs performance really caught my eye. He was looking up and playing good passes consistently. Before that he seemed incapable of anything more than premeditated crosses and attempts to cut inside that were too predictable and inconsistent in their execution. Coupled with being too slow to react in defensive situations.

HIs last 3 games have been totally different and he's like a different player.

Some of the first touches against Liverpool were excellent and it couldn't have been a fluke because he did 4 or 5 times, letting the ball run across him for example and the first touch before his goal was world class as was the finish.

I hardly ever really mention Jeffrey Schlupp. Perhaps you or indeed Col could go back and find some evidence of me saying otherwise I know he likes to portray that I've had a hate campaign against much in the way he has had against certain players but the truth of the matter is I hardly even mention him, I'm quite happy to admit otherwise if you can find some evidence contrary to that, I think I've said once in here after one of his inept displays (think it was Villa in this case) I'd rather Albrighton get a go that's about it. No not none but little for a professional footballer and you can't make he is exactly blessed with a lot, it's easy it is not hard to see where his strengths are, QPR was most definitely lets lash at this and see what happens (nothing wrong with it but not hard to technically accomplish) today's was a good finish. One decent goal outside of the box does not make a technical genius, it's a feet a number of center halves achieve.

It is most definitely not bollocks he has good today Spurs QPR, I'd give him Stoke and arguably Burnley as he scored but he was pretty average in that game if you ask me,  in near enough every other game in our bad run that he played he was horribly ineffective (about 5 or 6 games and any criticism handed during that period was more than warranted), and was poor when he came on against Everton and was poor against Chelsea and despite your jaw dropping assesment of him being "excellent" against Hull it was certainly not excellent. I wouldn't even consider it close in terms to a good/bad ratio.

He is not really my type of player and I don't like him, that doesn't mean I wouldn't view him as worthy as a starter in the next game( I would ) nor do I think he is totally incapable of contributing at this level despite the fact I don't think he is good enough for this level (I don't think the majority of the team are)

I remember you doing your best to ridicule me early last year for saying I rated Schlupp. You said he wasn't a footballer and it showed how little I knew about football. But I don't think there's any relevance in how frequently you mention Schlupp (though I have noticed, in various posts, that you're a vocal non-fan), what's interesting is what you write in that last paragraph - 'I don't like him'. I think that might be clouding your judgement a little here. 

And something else I should remind you of - in light of your discussion in this thread, and another, of Nugent's impressive number of assists - is that lengthy discussion we had in which you ridiculed me for thinking Izzet was good enough to have played for England. You not only said that he wasn't, you said the idea was hilarious. I pointed out that he got further in a competition than England ever did with his adopted country, and that he more than once featured among the top assist makers and was, once, the English player with the second most assists for a PL season. You replied that assists were completely misleading.

So I'm not sure we can use assists to help us in one argument, if it helps your praise of Nugent or criticism of Schlupp, but completely discount them when it comes to Muzzy Izzet.

I remember you doing your best to ridicule me early last year for saying I rated Schlupp. You said he wasn't a footballer and it showed how little I knew about football. But I don't think there's any relevance in how frequently you mention Schlupp (though I have noticed, in various posts, that you're a vocal non-fan), what's interesting is what you write in that last paragraph - 'I don't like him'. I think that might be clouding your judgement a little here. 

And something else I should remind you of - in light of your discussion in this thread, and another, of Nugent's impressive number of assists - is that lengthy discussion we had in which you ridiculed me for thinking Izzet was good enough to have played for England. You not only said that he wasn't, you said the idea was hilarious. I pointed out that he got further in a competition than England ever did with his adopted country, and that he more than once featured among the top assist makers and was, once, the English player with the second most assists for a PL season. You replied that assists were completely misleading.

So I'm not sure we can use assists to help us in one argument, if it helps your praise of Nugent or criticism of Schlupp, but completely discount them when it comes to Muzzy Izzet.

He's not much of a footballer is he really, fast and strong that's his game and no I don't like him as a footballer that's a personal preference. I don't think his attributes will be enough to keep him playing at this level for the majority of his career, time will tell I might well be wrong but it's certainly not something I am going to give way to after a couple of good games in one month following a season in which he has struggled on numerous occasions. Not to say he's alone in that. I've said he's in good form and it is a shame he can't build on it but I think he's much less of a loss than Mahrez and I also think if Knockaert applies himself he and knuckles down he's got the ability to challenge for his place.

And I'll remind you,  not that I want to get into it again for the sake of everyone else on here, but the argument that Izzet should of played for England because a Turkey side that he barely featured in advanced one stage further in a knockout competition is one of the stupidest and quite frankly desperate arguments I've herd you come out with during your tenure here. It holds no more weight than saying Calvin Andrew should be playing up front for Newcastle next week because Rochdale are in the hat for the fourth round and they aren't.

Again,not get into the Izzet debate again, they are two different arguments, when your trying to prove a player should be playing in a international midfield consisting of the likes of Scholes Gerrard Lampard Ince Batty etc etc the fact that Izzet once got quite a few assists in one season, then it is completely misleading. When your are arguing with someone who is claiming a player was "a passenger" and was "carried to the league title" when they set up 8 or 9 goals and scored 20 then it's a completely different discussion. It's all about relevance to the discussion.

Really hope this is a "diplomatic " injury... #lovejeff

Yes I hope this *cough* 'injury' is a way of getting out of sitting on the bench in the AFCON in favor of helping firing us out of the relegation zone. G'won Jeff, you know it makes sense.

Yes I hope this *cough* 'injury' is a way of getting out of sitting on the bench in the AFCON in favor of helping firing us out of the relegation zone. G'won Jeff, you know it makes sense.

Bloody Hell Salieri (I'm surprised you stuck with that name), not seen you here for yonks?

You signed up in 2005, your opinion is superior. #FoxesTalk

Not at all just don't appreciate being told what I can and can't post and who I can and can't argue with by somebody who's only decided to find a forum to post on now we are back in the Prem, that is all. 

Doesn't really matter does it, he's not going to play if he's in Africa or if his knee is fcked swings and roundabouts.

He might only be gone for 2/3 weeks instead of 5 though.

Bloody Hell Salieri (I'm surprised you stuck with that name), not seen you here for yonks?

Yeah been a while. Got a bit bored with it tbh, thought i'd pop back to see how it's going. Glad to see the majority (I think) are still behind Nige. Must admit I was wavering but feeling rather hopeful now.  :)

If its a little knock (i.e. 1 week) meaning he would miss a little pre-tournament training and possibly the first game would it be fine for Ghana to take him and then when fit introduce him for the second game? Or is it a rule that a player cannot be registered if injured at the point of registration?  

I know its different circumstances (suspension rather than injury) but Rooney was taken in England's squad despite being suspended for the first two Euro 2012 games but he was still picked. I know Rooney is a bigger player for England than Schlupp is for Ghana but my point being could we still lose Schlupp to the AFCON even if the injury is short term?

Archived