Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

Who looked the better player Schlupp or Sterling... definitely Jeff today.

I'll say it again he's a frustrating player, but he has several assets that are premier league quality (pace and strength). If he can add an end product to stuff (which he has started doing regularly) he'll he some player.

He's looked much more composed in recent weeks.

Love and hate him, his decisions on the ball can be baffling. Yet he can occasionally look composed and does something good, like today's goal. Think he is a player that will get better with consistency, albeit he frustrates me every week but I can't help think he is getting better the more games he has under his belt

Might take a while, but I'll think of reasons to slate him, it'll be fun.

Yeah he's played well today and that's a great goal, but he's still had more bad games than good this season so take this piss all you want lol, this is how it should be looked at as a whole.

I think to be fair De Laet also did a better job in helping him out than Paul has done most of the season.

As I've said it is unfortuante he is now in form but off play what will probably be a limited part in Ghana's ACON bid

Yeah he's played well today and that's a great goal, but he's still had more bad games than good this season so take this piss all you want lol, this is how it should be looked at as a whole.

I think to be fair De Laet also did a better job in helping him out than Paul has done most of the season.

As I've said it is unfortuante he is now in form but off play what will probably be a limited part in Ghana's ACON bid

Mods, think Col has hacked Manwells account.

One of our form players at the moment. Seems to just grow each match and I hope he keeps it up at AFCON if he plays. The more you play, the more confident you get especially in form like he is.

He was dead on his feet for the last 15 minutes, roughly, for today but still put tons of effort in and took his goal very well. 

I don't rate Jeff as a footballer. Normally.

He's been bloody fantastic these past few games though. If he keeps it up, I'll eat my socks. That being said, it's too early to say he's "turned a corner" just yet, but certainly been much improved.

If he plays well I'm not going to say he hasn't lol, I gave him credit after Spurs as well.

I still don't like him I don't like any player that's all physical attributes and no technicality.

Don't know what you've got against the kid but clearly he's wronged you somewhere/somehow. He has absolutely no technical ability then? His 2 goals from outside the box this season, how did they go in then? And because he's had 'more bad games than good' (bollocks, by the way), you wouldn't play him in the next game if he was available? Because you don't like him, or because he has no technical ability? Even if he was motm every game between now and the end of the season you'd likely find reasons to not like him.

I don't rate Jeff as a footballer. Normally.

He's been bloody fantastic these past few games though. If he keeps it up, I'll eat my socks. That being said, it's too early to say he's "turned a corner" just yet, but certainly been much improved.

Agree with this.

His brainless wing play was a huge factor in our poor form after we switched back to a 4-4-2 but in the last 3 games he's been much, much better, to the point that he's been one of our better players.

he was good today. still the occasional bizzare lack of concentration but I've grown to let him off because there's seemingly nothing anyone can do to stop that. nice goal, too. he had their lack of a wing back as a late Christmas present for sure, emre can didn't know what to do on the occasions Schlupp ran down the line.

Well done again jeff. Let all the critics eat their words. With mahrez and jeff in full flight that would frighten the life out of any defender

He may not be the polished article but everyone knows players with pace and power are worth their weight in gold. When he's on the ball he takes us into the oppositions half more times than not.

Keep up the good work I'm sure he will be highlighted again on motd alongside mahrez

This is what I want to see from Schlupp. His energy levels today were absolutely frightening. He still makes the odd mistake but I can let it go if he keeps up with this much positive contribution. We're honestly going to miss him if this is anything to go by.

Archived