Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

Schlupp is out of AFCON!!!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30723270

I don't like players getting injured, but I'm really happy about this. Hopefully he will recover soon and get back into the team with us.

Known since yesterday:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/98681-afcon/page-3

Besides, nothing wrong with own players being injured (as long as they recover in time). Wishing own players getting injured is another case, though.

I'could have lived with Schlupp at the AFCON, because it would have done him the world of good competing at that level (and in that group with such a tough opposition).

• 3 weeks later...

That being said, he isn't good enough for the Premier League, and I doubt he ever will.

Awful shout. Constantly losing the ball, never knows what to do, end product often embarrassingly poor.

Not premier league standard, amazed he is first choice. Live by your decisions Nigel...

he's really bad at footy

He was absolutely dire. I cannot believe that anybody has watched that game and thinks he played well. He hasn't got the foggiest idea what he's going to do with the ball when he gets it, his awareness of his team mates is almost non-existent and his end product is comfortably sub-Dyer.

I want to like him but I don't. At least not as a winger. Literally all he has is pace. He can kick a ball past a defender and sometimes catch up with it before anyone else gets there. But that's all he can do. His control, passing, dribbling, crossing, shooting, composure, decisions, flair and creativity - all important if you're a winger - are all basically non existent.

His lack of skill is appalling.

Fantastic athleticism but truly one of the worst footballers I've seen in a City shirt.

He's just not very good at football.

He's a poor footballer but who else have we got to play there? Knocky has no pace, Albrighton out of form. Needs addressing in Jan for sure.

:crylaugh:

And that's only the first three pages.

Just because they look ill-advised now it doesn't mean they weren't bang-on at the time. He's our most improved player this season and I doubt there's anyone who isn't pleased for him or won't praise him should he continue to push on.

The only stupid ones are the ones that say he would never be good enough or couldn't ever be a good player. There was no real basis for saying that.

everyone who called him a dog until january was complete correct, he was a horror show in literally every performance. he's somehow turned that into being a bigger gareth bale for the past month so well bloody done to him. like the previous two posts have said it doesn't mean anyone was wrong from august to december, he really was awful. 

tbf now schlupp is getting praise i give it 2 weeks until kingfox decides he's shit just to be controversial and different and a c unt. 

E

everyone who called him a dog until january was complete correct, he was a horror show in literally every performance. he's somehow turned that into being a bigger gareth bale for the past month so well bloody done to him. like the previous two posts have said it doesn't mean anyone was wrong from august to december, he really was awful. 

tbf now schlupp is getting praise i give it 2 weeks until kingfox decides he's shit just to be controversial and different and a c unt.

Everyone calling him dog then could still be right, will take several more great performances to outway several garbage showings this season. Although I know looking at the bigger picture isn't really this forums strengths so please let the recriminations continue

Everyone calling him dog then could still be right, will take several more great performances to outway several garbage showings this season. Although I know looking at the bigger picture isn't really this forums strengths so please let the recriminations continue

yeah that's valid, i'd suggest kingfox and the like come back when he's had more great games than incredibly shit ones. hopefully this is a continual upward curve though and not just a bit of flash in the pan good form. 

Yeah reacting to his absolutely shithouse form in the first 3 months of the season.

So getting an assist against Arsenal & scoring against Burnley makes him shit.

He didn't even play against Man Utd, Palace & Swansea. His worst games came against Stoke & Newcastle, one of which he only returned from international duty like a day before. 

I can do that just for the fun of it, but quite frankly I'm not that stupid.

Some of those comments on the first three pages are extremely harsh, one of the worst players I've seen in a Leicester shirt, will never be Premier League standard.

All too premature & quite frankly an absolute embarrassment. 

yeah that's valid, i'd suggest kingfox and the like come back when he's had more great games than incredibly shit ones. hopefully this is a continual upward curve though and not just a bit of flash in the pan good form.

His driving with ball looked really good. He miss hits things a lot though (poor technique) both goals were a result of him miss hitting the ball lol. Ironically hit his best shot with his wrong foot!

That's a bit rich coming from you isn't it? Matty James anyone?

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I'm just amazed people think criticising three months of bad form is premature but the big I told you so isn't premature after a handful of good games.

That's a bit rich coming from you isn't it? Matty James anyone?

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I've admitted my mistakes in the past, and remain more cautious nowadays, probably why I haven't been banned as much recently  lol

We all make mistakes mate, and like me with James when he signed, those fans who slated Schlupp deserve to be put right.

I've admitted my mistakes in the past, and remain more cautious nowadays, probably why I haven't been banned as much recently lol

We all make mistakes mate, and like me with James when he signed, those fans who slated Schlupp deserve to be put right.

Fair play to you then mate.

Schlupp is definitely proving me wrong and I'm happy to admit that. I just thought his technique was too poor for him to succeed in the prem - however his incredible athleticism is shining through. I still think if he could improve his technique and decision-making he could be even better still.

I've never disliked him as a player or berated him. But I've laughed my arse off at some of his shooting this season as it has deserved that reaction. But for power and pace he looks tailor made for a big future in the premier league, fair play to the lad.

Archived