Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

Starting to sound a bit like Col on Cambiasso with the 'I admitted he played well in that game, but...'. Fact is he was one of our better players today in a win, I might be looking for reasons to praise him, but I'd rather do that than look for reasons to consistently belittle his contribution to the team.

Well no there would have to be more than one game for a start.

OMG

I'd of thought one person would get one I'm on about.

To clear up any confusion I am not in anyway shape or form blaming Jeff Schlupp for Paul Koncheskys red, not what I am trying to say at all, in any way or shape.

You said that he couldn't have been excellent because he left Konchesky so exposed he got sent off (I'm paraphrasing). 

I agree that he wasn't excellent, I just think that specific reference makes no sense given the circumstances of the red card.

A lot of people on here slate Schlupp. A lot of people on here slate Mahrez (clearly our best player this year). I'd suggest they are our two most positive players going forward. Mahrez has a tonne more ability than Jeff but Schlupp is coming along nicely. Anyone defending Konch on here for anything is an ejit. Konch is ****ing dire. He's a walking disaster. Always looks shit on the ball and it scares me whenever I see him within 10 yards of it.

Anyway, RE: Schlupp/Mahrez - we will soon find out if they were any good once we have had a January without them.

You said that he couldn't have been excellent because he left Konchesky so exposed he got sent off (I'm paraphrasing). 

I agree that he wasn't excellent, I just think that specific reference makes no sense given the circumstances of the red card.

The reference is due to an actual "excellent" covering performance would have not left the flank open enough for Konchesky to get booked once, in my book if he was actually excellent you wouldn't of even noticed Konchesky was playing, I dunno maybe I just have a different definition of excellent to everyone else.

The reference is due to an actual "excellent" covering performance would have not left the flank open enough for Konchesky to get booked once, in my book if he was actually excellent you wouldn't of even noticed Konchesky was playing, I dunno maybe I just have an a different definition of excellent to everyone else.

Not to me, I just didn't think that the red card reference was relevant.

Not to me, I just didn't think that the red card reference was relevant.

As I say as it's clear to anyone with a pair of eyeballs that he did nothing going forwards for him to be classed as excellent Konchesky should of had the cigars out which was far from the case, prior to him walking at least.

As I say as it's clear to anyone with a pair of eyeballs that he did nothing going forwards for him to be classed as excellent Konchesky should of had the cigars out which was far from the case, prior to him walking at least.

All well and good.

However, I hope following the transfer window we won't have to worry about Konchesky  getting his cigars out. He's so ****ing sh*t it's almost credible to say Schlupp is better than him in every way.

All well and good.

However, I hope following the transfer window we won't have to worry about Konchesky  getting his cigars out. He's so ****ing sh*t it's almost credibl to say Schlupp is better than him in every way.

Konchesky has been a liability as of late. 

Likewise though Jeffrey has had some dreadful games at full back for us in a league below. We needed a left back in Jan we all knew this, it was somewhat masked by the fact that Paul to his credit had a very reasonable start to the campaign but in the last 4 or 5 weeks he's been dire.

Konchesky has been a liability as of late. 

Likewise though Jeffrey has had some dreadful games at full back for us in a league below. We needed a left back in Jan we all knew this, it was somewhat masked by the fact that Paul to his credit had a very reasonable start to the campaign but in the last 4 or 5 weeks he's been dire.

we've been saying for 18 months we need another left back, Konch was excellent for his first 18 months and band average the second, he's out of his depth this season

Since late November probably been our best player. Lacks a touch or pass at the end sometimes but working so hard and positioning going backwards is decent.

Got caught ball watching on one occasion today from a throw in, needs to stay switched on

I very much consider Schlupp a proverbial confidence player. When 'up for it', he can be hard to stop. When his game is off, it's really off. You never see him have a good, solid game. He either shines, or is dismal IMO. Our job is to get him shining. And it's a blow he's off to Africa at the same time that he seems to be shining.

You never see him have a good, solid game. He either shines, or is dismal IMO.

You do... yesterday for instance.

Ran around a lot and put in a shift, did ok, but did little of note (most players didn't do much of note either). How anyone could give him MOTM I'll never know but that's their choice.

Can anybody see how narrow he plays, not sure if it's a lack of experience or through instruction. Either way basically playing with nobody down the left, surely we should be looking to get crosses in for Ulloa etc and play to our strengths.

I'd imagine that's under instruction. Playing two in the middle we need the wide players to tuck in and support them.

I think Jeff's doing well. People forget his age sometimes. Big thing playing in the prem and he's doing ok. If he believes in himself more, he can be even better. He's got it all- pace power strength and he can (sometimes) finish!

Just not a brain

Archived