Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

10 years of pain and misery trying to get back into the premier league and we FOOKED IT UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY Pissed off.

So are you happy with the situation?

It's very likely we're going to be nigh on 10 points from safety within a month given our next few fixtures. That's close to unassailable.

If you're happy with that after our longest postwar period away from the top tier, I would invoke a proverb about glass houses and stones regarding your response.

if you could point out where I said i'm happy with the situation i'd be grateful.

pearson has proved over his seasons with us that he can get the best out of these players. I recall a number of fans wanting pearson out after the play-off defeat to watford, were you one of them then as well? look how that all worked out.

out of interest who do you suggest replacing him with? pulis?

Look at our next fixtures. We've blown it big time with this run. We should have at least 6 points more than we have. Not exaggerating that much.

And to be fair, despite the poor performances, we were very unlucky not to get more from West Brom and QPR and on another day would have got more from Villa, Liverpool, Sunderland, Newcastle and Palace.

That's the first problem.

Second is that confidence is at rock bottom and we're on a terrible run.

Then, our management team seem unable to turn it around. Whether a new manager could is debatable.

Finally, we are not in a position to go out and get 3 or 4 quality players in the new year.

So all in all it don't look good.

Yes but that's only the fans confidence is at rock bottom. For all we know Pearson could have said the current players have earned the right to play in the premiership, so they get till January to test themselves. We could have half a dozen players lined up for all we know.

And to be fair, despite the poor performances, we were very unlucky not to get more from West Brom and QPR and on another day would have got more from Villa, Liverpool, Sunderland, Newcastle and Palace.

We were never in it against Palace or Liverpool.

What I don't understand though with some people is that if you are deemed to be a 'Pearson Out' person you're automatically deemed anti-team unity. Far from it I would argue. I think the misguided loyalty of some to Pearson is just as bad. 

If we do make the change, for the love of Christ, let's do it now. We need someone to access the squad thoroughly ahead of January. Otherwise, stick with Nigel (I know my preference but this can't carry on much longer!)

Pearson's mistake was loyalty to our record breaking promotion team... The players earned that loyalty

This is true. The core of that side has let him down, but he needed to be brave in the summer and bring in players who improved on what he had. Maybe that wasn't his fault, but to have only two players significantly add to the first team, and to see the likes of Moore, De Laet, Konchesky, even Morgan, James, Drinkwater, Vardy, Schlupp, letting them down is disappointing. These players can either go the way of Izzet, Lennon, Heskey and Claridge upon promotion, or they can go the way of Carey, Joachim, Agnew and Smith. But I'd have hoped for at least one of them to turn out to be good enough. There's still time, of course.

It's not just poor luck though is it. It's poor judgement and lack of experience. Can't fault the effort mind.

We need a manager that is more experienced at this level,  I would rather have McClaren and McCarthy at this level than NP and that is saying something!

If we cannot get Pulis we are truly buggered.

McCarthy has been involved in three relegations in his five seasons in the Premier League and stayed up on goals scored in another. 

What I don't understand though with some people is that if you are deemed to be a 'Pearson Out' person you automatically deemed anti-team unity. Far from it I would argue. I think the misguided loyalty of some to Pearson is just as bad.

If we do make the change, for the love of Christ, let's do it now. We need someone to access the squad thoroughly ahead of January. Otherwise, stick with Nigel (I know my preference but this can't carry on much longer!)

Great post buddy spot on

No i don't buy that.

No team is just "unlucky" 7 games in a row.

We were never in it against Palace or Liverpool.

Except when we were 1-0 up against Liverpool.

And we were well in it against Palace for the best part of an hour. We wasted our set pieces and they scored from theirs.

I'd disagree about Newcastle and Palace. I felt we deserved nothing. And, though you don't mention it, I felt we got what we deserved against Burnley too.

But these past four games we've earned more. It will come if we keep plugging away at it.

I don't hate Nige, I like the bloke, I'm desperately sad that it's come to this. Replacing the manager doesn't guarantee anything , we all know that but sometimes you've got to roll the dice and have a go because as things stand we are virtually guaranteed relegation.

Do people actually think that Pulis guarantees survival? 

Nothing guarantees survival. But based on track record the probability of survival is much higher with Pulis.

And that is what will determine the action the owners will take...

No i don't buy that.

No team is just "unlucky" 7 games in a row.

I didn't say that we were unlucky 7 games in a row.

In those individual games we could consider ourselves unlucky. Much as we might have considered ourselves lucky.

There is a blue-tinted view that we could have got more from those games.

2 points from 10 games reflects that we've been poor. Not that we've been 2 points poor.

if you could point out where I said i'm happy with the situation i'd be grateful.

pearson has proved over his seasons with us that he can get the best out of these players. I recall a number of fans wanting pearson out after the play-off defeat to watford, were you one of them then as well? look how that all worked out.

out of interest who do you suggest replacing him with? pulis?

No, I was in favour of giving him till Christmas at least.

As for Pulis, not for me. He'd exacerbate the hoofball rather than cure it. I wouldn't say no to Karanka or even trying to prise Dyche from Burnley with a promise of transfer funds given how much he complains about the disparity of transfer budgets.

lol at the amount of people here who were part of the 'I'd rather have Pearson all season if we go down because he'd be the best man to get us back up' clan at the end of last season. Disgusting fickle fans.

Thats the best thing, so many u-turns from posters you thought may be had a bit about them. Nothing like a sticky run for people to show their true colours.

Still very fine margins for me and when I say NP has done more than enough at this club  over the last 5 seasons to deserve the full season, I mean it.

No win in ten is a disgrace at any club, grateful for what he's achieved over the last few years but now this isn't good enough, change it before it gets worse got to be fortunate its only four points from safety. But looking at the fixtures they may get worse.

No, I was in favour of giving him till Christmas at least.

As for Pulis, not for me. He'd exacerbate the hoofball rather than cure it. I wouldn't say no to Karanka or even trying to prise Dyche from Burnley with a promise of transfer funds given how much he complains about the disparity of transfer budgets.

No no no no no no no no no I'd rather get relegated to the conference.

Archived