Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

We amassed 100 points in a very poor quality Championship.

We have a Championship quality team. Our star new forward was ... a Championship forward.

If the owners don't sack Pearson tomorrow and bring in Pulis we will go down now. It seemed likely at end November. Two games later and it is almost certain unless we change manager and try something different...

wow. a championship forward who's scored the same number of goals as pelle and £27m lukaku? 

I love how certain people are adamant that pulis is the answer.

Yeh there's no way we could possibly make up 4 points in the remaining 23 games.

Jesus.

Based on what we have seen for over 2 months of football no i dont believe we would.

2 points from 10 games and 23 games to go hmmmmm.

Some posters need to tell us what they think the problem is and what we need to change instead of just writing "you're an idiot" or "fvck off" when they disagree with something.

The problem is obvious, we're not good enough for the premiership. The answer is sack the manager and all the players and spend 200 million buying liverpools side, but that's not going to happen so all we can do, as fans, is carry on supporting what we have.

This thread needs to be closed. There is already a thread for idiots and the above opening statement for this thread is not sufficient enough to warrant a new thread opening. The above comment should have been included in the existing idiot thread.

Bilo, please make your way to the idiot thread and lock the door so you and your fellow compatriots can moan to your hearts content, or spam BBC Radio Leicester's moan in.

If not wanting to see the team that demolished the Championship last season regress to the point that we've picked up 2 points from the last 30 on offer, then I must be an idiot.

If wanting to see us at least match a QPR side that finished 22 points behind us last season us deluded, mark me down for that one too.

We've waited ten years for this and have the finances and ambitious owners to really get a foothold here, but clearly don't have the management. Sometimes difficult drvisions need to be made. Now is one of those times, we aren't good enough and are in serious danger of being humiliated. It may already be too late with Man City, Spurs and West Ham being the next few teams we play.

Burying our heads in the sand won't help.

So what on earth do we do if we sack Pearson and Pulis turns us down? What then?

That's a very good point. You don't want to do what wolves did a few years back when they sacked McCarthy (great decision) only to find they couldn't replace him and gave it to the first team coach. A decision that arguably cost them back to back relegations.

And be bottom of it.

Sometimes, you do have the change. Not 'all the time', just sometimes.

We have totally lost the plot, it's hard to see us getting any worse. Pearson deserves to go.

I'd argue that we've not been thoroughly outplayed like just about every side in this position usually do at least once.

The tactics have been fine but this defence didn't fill me with any confidence last season and now we're in the Premier League.

Poor mistakes have cost us dear. I don't see anyone coming in and doing better. But he does need to spend in January.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Pearson is a dead man walking I'm afraid.

He was getting criticised like hell for changing the team and system to try and get a result not long ago!

I get the idea that sticking with a manager gives a team a great chance of going straight back up. But that only really works when he's the manager of a team relegated by just a couple of points with several players enhancing their reputations. Does it really work when you're relegated with a Derby 07-08 pathetic points tally with own goals and sendings off aplenty?

This is every bit as bad as least season was good

Pearson's mistake was loyalty to our record breaking promotion team... The players earned that loyalty

The club failed to return our left winger or replace him and the club also failed to land about 5 forwards that Nigel & his team identified we needed

For me, I'd give Nigel until the first international break in the Championship (should we go down) but we badly need quality in January that Robinson and Co failed to land in the summer... And that will be far more expensive than if we weren't bottom

The problem is obvious, we're not good enough for the premiership. The answer is sack the manager and all the players and spend 200 million buying liverpools side, but that's not going to happen so all we can do, as fans, is carry on supporting what we have.

That's the first problem.

Second is that confidence is at rock bottom and we're on a terrible run.

Then, our management team seem unable to turn it around. Whether a new manager could is debatable.

Finally, we are not in a position to go out and get 3 or 4 quality players in the new year.

So all in all it don't look good.

I've defended him but enough is enough. How long can people defend these abysmal performances. No win in 10 with some of the worst performances I've seen in years.

I'll defend them all season, it's been a tough season, it was always going to be. I think we all over estimated the ability of the current squad, but most are young players with more in their lockers. I'm not looking at the end of this season or the next, this project is bigger than that. Pearson is building a football club, you have to look at the club from youth set-up, right to the first team, to understand the colossal job he has done in dragging this club where it belongs. Another season in the championship would be a set back yes, but far from a disaster.

you're an idiot.

So are you happy with the situation?

It's very likely we're going to be nigh on 10 points from safety within a month given our next few fixtures. That's close to unassailable.

If you're happy with that after our longest postwar period away from the top tier, I would invoke a proverb about glass houses and stones regarding your response.

That's a very good point. You don't want to do what wolves did a few years back when they sacked McCarthy (great decision) only to find they couldn't replace him and gave it to the first team coach. A decision that arguably cost them back to back relegations.

Precisely, by scrambling around for any sort of manager after Pulis turns us down is not only guaranteeing our relegation from the Premier League, but it could also threaten our existence in the Championship next season.

How many points ahead? And how many more points to play for at the moment?

Exaggerating as usual.

Look at our next fixtures. We've blown it big time with this run. We should have at least 6 points more than we have. Not exaggerating that much.

It'll be a miracle if we get someone who'd come to us in January who could turn our season around now.

But it's surely better to try than just to wimp out of the prem without any effort to turn things around

This is just shocking, at least 4/5 of the last 10 teams we have played we should of either won or drawn. 2 draws in 10 games is quite frankly pathetic

The game today showed how poor we really are.

The question is who's to blame?

Firstly did the management underestimate the quality of the Premiership, thus failing to strengthen accordingly?

We all know that city had several targets but failed miserably to get the preffered options sjgned up.

Was this do you think down to the wage structure imposed by the club?

If so, then who will sign for us in the New Year!

Secondly, is Pearson out of his depth regarding managing in the Premiership.

I think not, it is lack of player quality, this is the problem.

Finally how do we redress this problem, if Pearson goes, (which the way things are going is a strong possibility), how could any manager get the quality players needed with the clubs wage structure.

To me it seems as if the owners need to relax the purse strings a little, however if they do that and we get relegated then we could fall foul of FFP.

Glad it's not my problem to resolve.

Don't sack him. The players gave 100% and I felt they deserved something. We're so close to being a very competitive side at this level that it makes all the more painful.

And I really liked his post-match reaction, focusing on our weaknesses rather than those of the referee. Moore was terrible, Schlupp and Konchesky were missing for the 2nd, James wasn't his usual self and, while Nugent did well, we lacked that physical presence second half. But their first goal was excellent as well, and both keepers had work to do. 

If we play well and lose then I'm proud of them and behind the manager. If he responds in the right way, then even more so. I don't have any complaints about Pearson today, we did very well against a side playing at their best. I feel for them, but am still proud to be a fan when they play like this. In truth, considering their performances in the past four games - defensive mishaps and all - it's insane to think we've only picked up a point.

Keep going and we'll prove to be a side who can go on a run. And if we don't, but play with the quality and commitment I've seen recently, then the 'Pearson in no matter what' brigade may well turn out to be right.

Precisely, by scrambling around for any sort of manager after Pulis turns us down is not only guaranteeing our relegation from the Premier League, but it could also threaten our existence in the Championship next season.

Right, but if the owners are sensible they will have had somebody sounded out since about the West Brom game.

I really don't want Nige to go but it really is hard to defend him at the moment.

If we're serious about staying up this season then by rights he should be long gone.

If we're building a long term project then the owners should come out and back him and we can all get on with it.

Archived