Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tottenham Pre-match

Someone on here said us and Man U were the only teams that didnt train

You're the most morbid poster on here by a ****ing mile.

Who cares if the players got the day off? If anything they're likely to want to repay the manager.

You're the most morbid poster on here by a ****ing mile.

Who cares if the players got the day off? If anything they're likely to want to repay the manager.

Wow. Merry Overreaction everyone.

I dont really care. Just saying Spurs might be a bit more sharper. I really don't know where you got morbid from.

The game's winnable because this Spurs side don't have much fight in them. They're a lightweight side and if it wasn't for Kane's emergence this season and Eriksen's goals they would be contending with Liverpool for the Underachievers title. Lamella, Eriksen, Chadli etc are all good players but they don't get stuck in and we will do well if we close them down and get a few tackles in.

I'd probably change Kingy for Nugent and give Vardy a bit of support. Switch for Ulloa in the last 20 if it's not working. I'd be tempted to give Knockaert a start ahead of Schlupp or move Jeff back to LB and drop Konchesky. There's a lot of players like him, DD and Nuge who know their places are at stake in Jan if they don't do something soon.

FYI, Spurs have won more points from losing positions than any other Premier League club this season.

Wow. Merry Overreaction everyone.

I dont really care. Just saying Spurs might be a bit more sharper. I really don't know where you got morbid from.

All you ever talk about is doom and gloom, cheer the **** up. Its Christmas.

The game's winnable because this Spurs side don't have much fight in them

FYI, Spurs have won more points from losing positions than any other Premier League club this season.

Yep you've had a few recent games with late winners but you're still a side with more skill than fight and we need the points more. That said we've needed the points more in our last ten games too........

I think something like that, but I think we will get a goal about 20 mins in. Then 4 mins later they will score. We'll be under pressure until 42 mins when they score again. We go in to half time deflated. Second half, they sit back but we can't create anything and don't press. Then the final five minutes we will attack, have three shots blocked and on the fourth attempt we gift them the ball, they run the length of the pitch and score. 1-3 final score.

Fook me theres no use going now!

Defending wise he's usually ok, tracking back, tackling etc.  As I've always said about him the problems start at the point he has to distribute the ball.

I'm not so sure. His marking / positioning has been at fault for several goals this season. Then there are the mistakes...

But I agree with you that his biggest problems lie in distribution. He is a defensive full back, so when we're throwing the kitchen sink at sides he's often the man back, and therefore the guy who gets to loft countless long balls back into the mixer. And they're always awful, floating, straight balls straight to grateful centre halfs.

In truth, though, I think a poster said that we'd look back one day and find it unthinkable that we thought guys like Wasilewski, Konchesky and De Laet could ever stand a chance at this level. I agree. These aren't so much our modern-day Julian Watts, Jamie Lawrences and Mick Whitlows, these are our Brian Careys, Richard Smiths and Nicky Mohans.

Archived