Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tottenham Pre-match

After reading half of the posts for the spurs game, i gave up,

it seems to me there is a real need for our team to change direction,

we had a recipe for success last season, admitted at a much easier level,

vardy and nugent were pressing teams deep in the heart of their defences

which led to our midfield being more composed, and our back four less overwhelmed.

unfortunately we can not play this way with alloa up front, that is a fact,

know he has scored six goals, but this has not transmitted into points.

spurs are beatable they have quality players but play low energy football,

and are not the most determined team around, i reckon if n.p picked vardy and nuge up front

we could claim a three pointer here.

That's because we had neatly adapted to the Championship, had gained experience from two playoff heartaches within a few years and could build on that.

And the large part of the fanbase was as patient as the owners were (and still are).

Can any one shed any light on why its only us and manchester united not training today? We cant win a game i thought they would have them in atleast doing some video analysis or something......

****ers should be still training from last night on set pieces

Guest LCFC_World

Truly believe that our luck will change tomorrow. Just wait and see. I have not been this optimistic before a game in a while:) 

Can any one shed any light on why its only us and manchester united not training today? We cant win a game i thought they would have them in atleast doing some video analysis or something......

Get em' pissed might make them better!!

I've just noticed our historical Boxing Day record and it's promising.

Last defeat on BD was in 2004, to Rotherham.

Since then it's been:

2005: Millwall (H) D 1-1

2006: Hull (A) W 2-1

2007: Ipswich (H) W 2-0

2008: Leeds (A) D 1-1

2009: Sheffield United (H) W 2-1

2010: Leeds (H) D 2-2

2011: Ipswich (H) D 1-1

2012: Hull (A) D 0-0

2012: Reading (H) W 1-0

A very good recent record and similar results ahead of Hull a couple of days later would be most welcome.

The game's winnable because this Spurs side don't have much fight in them. They're a lightweight side and if it wasn't for Kane's emergence this season and Eriksen's goals they would be contending with Liverpool for the Underachievers title. Lamella, Eriksen, Chadli etc are all good players but they don't get stuck in and we will do well if we close them down and get a few tackles in.

I'd probably change Kingy for Nugent and give Vardy a bit of support. Switch for Ulloa in the last 20 if it's not working. I'd be tempted to give Knockaert a start ahead of Schlupp or move Jeff back to LB and drop Konchesky. There's a lot of players like him, DD and Nuge who know their places are at stake in Jan if they don't do something soon.

So, we will start well putting Spurs on the back foot, create a few chances and the fans will get hopefull, about 38mins in Wes will spaff a clearance to Eriksen who will play in Kane who will slot it in for one, after HT we will come out flying, Ulloa will hit the bar and Estaban force a smart save out of Lloris, Lamela will pick up the ball from one of our failed attacks run the length of the pitch and square for Saldado to slot it home, without looking like a good team Spurs will somehow find themselves 0-3 when Chadli comes on and fires one in from 30 yards.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

So, we will start well putting Spurs on the back foot, create a few chances and the fans will get hopefull, about 38mins in Wes will spaff a clearance to Eriksen who will play in Kane who will slot it in for one, after HT we will come out flying, Ulloa will hit the bar and Estaban force a smart save out of Lloris, Lamela will pick up the ball from one of our failed attacks run the length of the pitch and square for Saldado to slot it home, without looking like a good team Spurs will somehow find themselves 0-3 when Chadli comes on and fires one in from 30 yards.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

I think something like that, but I think we will get a goal about 20 mins in. Then 4 mins later they will score. We'll be under pressure until 42 mins when they score again. We go in to half time deflated. Second half, they sit back but we can't create anything and don't press. Then the final five minutes we will attack, have three shots blocked and on the fourth attempt we gift them the ball, they run the length of the pitch and score. 1-3 final score.

Got to have a go today, its one of those games that is winnable given that Spurs will come and attack looking for a win, we seem to play better against sides who want to come and play. Key for me is the wings, good service into Ulloa is paramount looking at how Tottenham have defended from the wide positions this season.

Archived