Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Should we get Lloyd Dyer back,even on loan?

He isn't shit, but he was never suiting a side that play with wing backs instead of wingers.

Very, very bad move from him. Can see why he made it but it's proven to be a horrific decision.

I re-iterate what I've previously said, he was good for us but we've got to aim higher.

Nailed on to go to Bolton.

Some people only play well at certain clubs, dyer was class last season yes he didn't score as many as he should giving the positions he got himself in but it was his best season for us. Everybody in the championship would of had Beckford when he was at Leeds he was on fire it just doesn't work out sometimes. But lloyd won't be coming back.

TBF to Dyer is sounds like he was the one who wants to leave and knows it hasn't worked out.

Feel a bit for him as clearly the bloke is a decent player but just not got on with any of the managers.

Its a tough one really as he cant go from being a prominent part of our promotion push to sitting on the bench of a championship team. It makes no sense.

He was offered a one year deal and was told that was club policy for players over 30. he then sees Nugent get offered 2 years and Morgan 3 years. Both over 30. He was right miffed with that!

Its a tough one really as he cant go from being a prominent part of our promotion push to sitting on the bench of a championship team. It makes no sense.

He was offered a one year deal and was told that was club policy for players over 30. he then sees Nugent get offered 2 years and Morgan 3 years. Both over 30. He was right miffed with that!

Nuge is only 29, but I take your point

Comparing a 30 year + winger like Dyer to a CB like Wes Morgan is a tricky one. Wingers are reasonably one dimensional and heavily reliant on pace, once it goes it's game over. Whereas centre backs can make up for losing pace with reading the play better with experience. Personally I can see the logic of offering Morgan a longer contract on that basis.

Comparing a 30 year + winger like Dyer to a CB like Wes Morgan is a tricky one. Wingers are reasonably one dimensional and heavily reliant on pace, once it goes it's game over. Whereas centre backs can make up for losing pace with reading the play better with experience. Personally I can see the logic of offering Morgan a longer contract on that basis.

True, but as I have said before, he lacks pace, and is extremely poor at "reading the game".

Dyer is one of many players at Watford who has been told they can leave Vicarage Road, yet only recently joining from Leicester City in the summer.

He has only made eleven appearances for Watford this season, with one goal scored. He made a total of 40 appearances for Leicester last year in their promotion campaign, scoring seven goals, but subsequently not doing enough to earn a new contract.

Blackburn currently are low on options out wide, and have been placed under a transfer embargo for breaking financial fair playrules. They are not allowed to spend any money on transfer fees, but 32-year-old Dyer could probably be available to sign for free, which would be an ideal signing for Rovers, considering the quality of player they would be getting.

Archived