Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Should we get Lloyd Dyer back,even on loan?

Not sure this is what we need. If it was a 1-2 month loan to cover Mahrez at the AFCON then I'd be all for it but for the rest of the season this just epitomises desperation! With Mahrez (when back), Knockaert and Albrighton who have recently filled in well, Schlupp who is on fire at the moment and Lawrence who has shown flashes of real promise we have 5 wide players to use and problems there are not to the same level as other positions.

And please ffs strengthen our defence!

true or not - the club offered Dyer a contract which he refused due to the length of term. We didn't just let him go. He went for for the security of a 3 year deal.

The decision at the time was to give him a year to see if he could step up. It may not have been Pearson's policy. I imagine that policy leading to him being offered 1 year was down to the director of football with some input from Pearson as part of their long term planning but i recall Pearson on the radio talking as if he was hoping to persuade Lloyd to stay

We forget that Pearson favoured Dyer over Schlupp most of last season so given Schlupp has played when fit most of this season as first choice LW, Pearson may still see Lloyd as adding extra quality to what we have (whether we agree or not is irrelevant). A 6 month loan deal in effect is giving Dyer half a season to prove himself instead of the original year we offered whilst he still has the comfort of a 3 year deal under his belt elsewhere albeit where he is unfavoured.

There may be legs in this ..there may not.

Archived