Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

So why not just leave it as passes made rather than adding in two more pointless stats to bump up things he's "better at". Also, amount of passes... what does that even show? What matters is pass accuracy, or chances created and the like.

So why not just leave it as passes made rather than adding in two more pointless stats to bump up things he's "better at". Also, amount of passes... what does that even show? What matters is pass accuracy, or chances created and the like.

It doesn't matter, so why highlight it?

As I said, Take them away then.. Nugent still linked up play more....

Stretching it, he made more passes.

It's not about not suiting FFS. It's about totally warping his stats with pointless ones. I could drag up 6 stats right here where he was better than Nugent...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-11-10 at 14.14.57.png

For a start, that's only 5 stats that Okazaki is "Better at" Unless you count losing Tackles lost as a good thing?... secondly, You could argue that winning fouls is a good thing, I'd argue that a hell of a lot of them, are just him being weak and wasting possession IMO, Obviously you disagree.

You presume they are being asked to play exactly the same way aren't you. It seems pretty clear that Okazaki is being utilised by Ranieri slightly differently with much of his play about physicality, winning the ball back, holding it up, relieving pressure and so on.

They are playing practically the same role!! check past threads on Nugent! people gave him criticism last season, and so many people put up the same argument that he's not there to score goals because he was playing behind the striker instead of infront or along side them, he was the link between midfield and striker, so this is another Irrelevant post. Nugent done all these things, more often than not BETTER than okazaki.

There is no way Okazaki is playing the same say as nugent, no chance. He's being deployed far more physically and defensively. Yes Nugent was tasked with also pressing and chasing, but no where near the physical side of it.

Your "lost tackles" stat is another pointless one. Kante has lost more tackles than Andy King... do you know why? Because he's made a huge amount more attempted tackles as that's how he has been deployed.

Why would I assume that when it's not what you said.

I'd assume you'd not pick and  choose when to take things literally.

Perhaps if you actually write what you mean people won't take it incorrectly. You said it end of story, don't mean it, don't say it.  Say, some people... even then you don't know it's the same people. You checked that out? No, you haven't. What you're doing is trying to insinuate some people incorrectly favour Okazaki, without the evidence to do so.

does it bloody matter which individuals said what? do you want a list? the fact is you can trawl through old nugent threads and see the evidence that people who attacked him and critisized him said the same things as are now being said about Okazaki,  And the people that defended Nugent, said the same things that people are saying now about okazaki. 

The point was, We were more balanced with them both in the team, Nugent was not good enough in the end, Okazaki is following his path unless he improves significantly, If people want to make excuse after excuse that's fine, but with some of the arguments some people have put forward, you could make an excuse for every single player.

So many people are split on Okazaki, it's not just one for and everyone against, It's a huge split going on evidence of this thread, past threads and match day threads, which does speak volumes, clearly he's not doing enough for a large group of fans on here, I suppose they are all stupid, uneducated and don't understand football or his role though right?

He's not doing enough for me either, but I'm not doing to misrepresent stats to run him down (13-3... ludicrous). I'm also going to accept he is playing a different role, more often that not being deployed as a spoiler. That's not how he played in Germany, so I'm going to cut him some slack that he's being asked to play something he's not used to.

Isn't Okazaki one of those enigmas that you don't really know how, but when he's playing we just do better? As in, get more points with him on the field?

If so, continue to play him surely?

Was a bit like Nugent...one of the most under-rated City players of recent times in some quarters.

It doesn't matter, so why highlight it?

As I said, Take them away then.. Nugent still linked up play more....

Stretching it, he made more passes.

It's not about not suiting FFS. It's about totally warping his stats with pointless ones. I could drag up 6 stats right here where he was better than Nugent...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-11-10 at 14.14.57.png

For a start, that's only 5 stats that Okazaki is "Better at" Unless you count losing Tackles lost as a good thing?... secondly, You could argue that winning fouls is a good thing, I'd argue that a hell of a lot of them, are just him being weak and wasting possession IMO, Obviously you disagree.

You presume they are being asked to play exactly the same way aren't you. It seems pretty clear that Okazaki is being utilised by Ranieri slightly differently with much of his play about physicality, winning the ball back, holding it up, relieving pressure and so on.

They are playing practically the same role!! check past threads on Nugent! people gave him criticism last season, and so many people put up the same argument that he's not there to score goals because he was playing behind the striker instead of infront or along side them, he was the link between midfield and striker, so this is another Irrelevant post. Nugent done all these things, more often than not BETTER than okazaki.

There is no way Okazaki is playing the same say as nugent, no chance. He's being deployed far more physically and defensively. Yes Nugent was tasked with also pressing and chasing, but no where near the physical side of it.

Your "lost tackles" stat is another pointless one. Kante has lost more tackles than Andy King... do you know why? Because he's made a huge amount more attempted tackles as that's how he has been deployed.

Why would I assume that when it's not what you said.

I'd assume you'd not pick and  choose when to take things literally.

Perhaps if you actually write what you mean people won't take it incorrectly. You said it end of story, don't mean it, don't say it.  Say, some people... even then you don't know it's the same people. You checked that out? No, you haven't. What you're doing is trying to insinuate some people incorrectly favour Okazaki, without the evidence to do so.

does it bloody matter which individuals said what? do you want a list? the fact is you can trawl through old nugent threads and see the evidence that people who attacked him and critisized him said the same things as are now being said about Okazaki,  And the people that defended Nugent, said the same things that people are saying now about okazaki. 

The point was, We were more balanced with them both in the team, Nugent was not good enough in the end, Okazaki is following his path unless he improves significantly, If people want to make excuse after excuse that's fine, but with some of the arguments some people have put forward, you could make an excuse for every single player.

So many people are split on Okazaki, it's not just one for and everyone against, It's a huge split going on evidence of this thread, past threads and match day threads, which does speak volumes, clearly he's not doing enough for a large group of fans on here, I suppose they are all stupid, uneducated and don't understand football or his role though right?

He's not doing enough for me either, but I'm not doing to misrepresent stats to run him down (13-3... ludicrous). I'm also going to accept he is playing a different role, more often that not being deployed as a spoiler. That's not how he played in Germany, so I'm going to cut him some slack that he's being asked to play something he's not used to.

"Lost tackles" stat... You just tried to use that against me...  :frusty:

"Lost tackles" stat... You just tried to use that against me...  :frusty:

No I said it's pointless. As I said, Kante has lost more tackles than Andy King, as you going to suggest perhaps Andy King would be better in that role as he hasn't lost as many? Or have they attempted was more tackles, leading them to them losing more?... .Perhaps you think Kante is a bad tackler? 

Don't back track and give it the 'to make him sweat' line then lol

As for the top 10 team comment. Fabianski? Mignolet? Speroni/Hennessy?

All teams finished in top 10, and he's better than all of them.

In your opinion, yes.

But in reality he's not better than Fabianski, Mignolet or Speroni (not going to include Hennessy because he's not played a full season in a top 10 club.

I would either sign a goalkeeper to replace Schmeichel or one that'll make him sweat a bit to give him the kick up the arse he needs. How is that back tracking?

No I said it's pointless. As I said, Kante has lost more tackles than Andy King, as you going to suggest perhaps Andy King would be better in that role as he hasn't lost as many? Or have they attempted was more tackles, leading them to them losing more?... .Perhaps you think Kante is a bad tackler? 

But you still tried to use it against me saying you could pick out 6 stats okazaki was better at than nugent... Since I pointed out that stat is actually worse for shinji now you're saying it's pointless? wow.

Look we will have to agree to disagree, it's getting stupid now, as I pointed out, as much as we disagree he's a player who's split fans down the middle, so clearly for alot of people he's not doing his job well enough, so that speaks volumes whether you want to agree or disagree, I respect that. 

In your opinion, yes.

But in reality he's not better than Fabianski, Mignolet or Speroni (not going to include Hennessy because he's not played a full season in a top 10 club.

I would either sign a goalkeeper to replace Schmeichel or one that'll make him sweat a bit to give him the kick up the arse he needs. How is that back tracking?

lol ok dude.

But you still tried to use it against me saying you could pick out 6 stats okazaki was better at than nugent... Since I pointed out that stat is actually worse for shinji now you're saying it's pointless? wow. That was a mistake. I included 6 when it should have been 5. The whole point that you are shifting away from was there is a plethora of bullshit stats that mean nothing. I piled in a load for Shinji, you piled in a load for Nugent. Many mean nothing for the reasons I explained (it's high because he makes more tackles, Like Kante makes more than King), whether Shinji or Nugent is top of it or not isn't the point. There are certain stats that you can take a fair amount from, but so many are just meaningless without context.

Look we will have to agree to disagree, it's getting stupid now, as I pointed out, as much as we disagree he's a player who's split fans down the middle, so clearly for alot of people he's not doing his job well enough, so that speaks volumes whether you want to agree or disagree, I respect that.  I've already said he's not doing enough, several times over. But I'm also arguing he's playing a slightly different game to Nugent from what I see on the pitch, and the stats seem to indicate the same. He's also playing a role he never has before and I don't think we signed him for.

To be fair, it's not like Okazaki has had a chance up top. He usually makes reasonable runs into the penalty area, but rarely gets the ball. I would obviously argue that unless he makes some space for himself, he's not imposing enough to get first to a high ball in the box. But Vardy is so quick and direct, he mostly goes for goal himself, which is apparently our game plan. Can't see how Okazaki should be blamed for this.

Likewise for Mahrez' goals, the reason Riyad doesn't get picked up is because the centerbacks are preoccupied with both Okazaki and Vardy. Maybe not noticeable contributions, but they are nonetheless crucial.

Archived