Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Debateable.  :D

The point I'm making is a No 10 that was fantastic at getting the ball back but did next to nothing offensively wouldn't be anywhere near a world class team.

How secure is Okazaki in our team? What positions would you look to strengthen before you replaced him?

You're not wrong, but it's a bit of a moot point as he's neither a world class player or playing for a world class team. What is is is very good at winning the ball back and is an intergral part in our pressing game. He defends from the front and has enabled us to become a very good forward unit.

I think we'd need to replace Okazaki before we looked at becomming a side that plays European football but before then I think Schmeichel, Huth, Simpson and a back up winger are more of a priority right now.

No. The improvement in the team speaks for the players that have upped there game considerably. Drinkwater, Vardy & Riyad etc. And those that have added something we didn't have before like te combative tackling of Kante or experience and defensive ability of Fuchs.

The fact your trying to use the good work of other people (mostly Vardy) to credit Okazaki is embarrassing.

Players do help each other get better. During our title winning season, Nugent played a big part in helping Vardy get better (and Vardy went on to score 16 league goals).

You're not wrong, but it's a bit of a moot point as he's neither a world class player or playing for a world class team. What is is is very good at winning the ball back and is an intergral part in our pressing game. He defends from the front and has enabled us to become a very good forward unit.

I think we'd need to replace Okazaki before we looked at becomming a side that plays European football but before then I think Schmeichel, Huth, Simpson and a back up winger are more of a priority right now.

We don't 'need' more wingers, and schmeichel is fine at the minute.

But of the 4 players listed, 2 were only signed 3 months ago for about £10m in fees?

But your last point really is staggering.  We have scored about 25 goals in 12 games while we've shipped about 20 in the same time. I think it's clear as day that we need people in that can actually defend, no?

Huth has been a dissapointment and Schmeichel isn't in good nick either and neither Simpson nor De Laet is good enough.

They're the positions that are borderline desperate.

I'd then look to get another winger in (Carillo for sure) because we've only got 3 proper wingers.

I'd then look to get a number 10 to alternate with Okazaki.

Borderline desperate? Surely, the way we play is always going to expose us a bit defensively.

That said, we have improved considerably since the start of the season.

We've held on to leads to win four of our last five games.

Surely this is a sign that the team are getting more robust defensively all over the pitch.

he was signed for £8m three months ago, and you can only name a convicted wife beater and a 34 year old centre back as weaker areas in the outfield XI?

lol

Testament to the strength of our team.

However, Schmeichel, Simpson and Huth represents over a quarter of our first XI.

Testament to the strength of our team.

However, Schmeichel, Simpson and Huth represents over a quarter of our first XI.

Or testament to the fact he hasn't improved our starting XI much at all?

Considering he cost more than all of the above named put together, I find it disappointing.

Or testament to the fact he hasn't improved our starting XI much at all?

Considering he cost more than all of the above named put together, I find it disappointing.

What/who would "improve" the starting eleven in that position then? 

Per 90 Metrics Nugent Vs Okazaki

Tackles Lost 

Nugent 1.10

Okazaki 2.13 (Nugent lost the ball 21 times last season, okazaki has lost it 15 times in 12 appearances)

Tackles Won

Nugent 0.58

Okazaki 1.56

Successful Take ons

Nugent 0.94

Okazaki 0.43

Ariel Duels won 

Nugent 2.88

Okazaki 2.27

Interceptions 

Nugent 0.52

Okazaki 0.85

Clearances 

Nugent 0.57

okazaki 0.14

Total shots

Nugent 2.15

Okazaki 1.56

Shot accuracy 

Nugent 44%

Okazaki 43%

Total Forward passes 

Nugent 16.06

Okazaki 10.49

Total Backward Passes

Nugent 13.40

Okazaki 10.20

Total Passes 

Nugent 29.62

Okazaki 20.83

Successful Passes 

Nugent 21.98

Okazaki 16.58

Pass Completion 

Nugent 74%

Okazaki 80%

Key Passes

Nugent 0.99

Okazaki 0.85

Chances Created 

Nugent 1.10

Okazaki 0.85

Average pass Length

Nugent 14.38

Okazaki 10.36

Nugent 13 v Okazaki 3

This forum constantly said Nugent was NOT good enough, but admitted we are better with him in than out. 

Yet it's not the same with Okazaki (so far atleast)

Excuses. 

Happy to give him time, but right now he's no better than what we got rid of.

We'll be lucky to get back half what we paid for Kram unfortunately. I don't think it'll work out for him now - he's just not produced the goods on the odd occasion he has been given the chance. Loan him out to a Championship side with a bit of money, hope he does well and cash in on him come Summer.

Nugent 13 v Okazaki 3

Errrr don't give up the day job to become an analyst.

Since when does pass length matter? More backwards passes is a good thing?

And could you not state "this forum" like the people who slated Nugent are the same that don't slate Okazaki. You have no idea if that's true, so don't lump everyone in to it.

Errrr don't give up the day job to become an analyst.

Since when does pass length matter? More backwards passes is a good thing?

And could you not state "this forum" like the people who slated Nugent are the same that don't slate Okazaki. You have no idea if that's true, so don't lump everyone in to it.

What are you on about? A pass is a pass is it not? 

The argument from those defending Okazaki, is that he is a link up player primarily, therefore the pass does not matter which direction it's going in... his job is to keep possession by linking the play, if that means going backwards does it matter?

I'd rather have a successful backward pass to be safe than lose possession.... Okazaki was also tackled more than twice the amount Nugent was thus losing possession, should I take that out because it does not suit Okazaki?

You can't have it both ways, If you really want, I'll remove those 2 stats? Nugent is still hands down more effective in that same role. 

I'm sorry you took the "this forum" comment so seriously, you could easily just have assumed I was not saying that every single person on this forum said the same, It looks like you picked that out for arguments sake, it's pretty obvious I'm not accusing everyone of saying Nugent was not good enough, clutching at straws to make a point on that one. 

lol Sorry Lee but you've embarrassed yourself there.

It's your agenda to find reasons to hate on Okazaki. Congratulations on doing so but you're not persuading me to do the same with those 'facts'.

Out of interest, could you please put the same stats up against Vardy and see how much better he's been? It should be a unanimous victory for Vardy right?

lol Sorry Lee but you've embarrassed yourself there.

It's your agenda to find reasons to hate on Okazaki. Congratulations on doing so but you're not persuading me to do the same with those 'facts'.

Out of interest, could you please put the same stats up against Vardy and see how much better he's been? It should be a unanimous victory for Vardy right?

Get a grip, somebody asked me to post the Nugent stats if you'd bothered to look.

This is not an "Agenda" it's an opinion backed by statistics, Stats are always dodgy ground, but the way people are using those stats and trying to turn them around to back up this player is embarrassing. He's no better than Nugent statistically doing the exact same job. 

If you really want the Vardy stats I will put them up soon? 

"Okazaki runs" so did nugent

"Okazaki tackles players" so did nugent,

"we are better with okazaki in the team though" nugent?

Goes on and on, but the facts are he's no better than the player we got rid of. 

This whole "If it aint broke don't fix it" argument is crap to be honest, Always improve, always progress. 

We do look more balanced with him in 

You say so much its hard to reply .....

When I said   "if it aint broke don't fix it "  I am referring to the fact that we are doing very well with the team choices CR has made, and that includes SO.  Leo is another similar option for that role.   Its not a fvcking argument and its not crap !  Course we want to improve but how do we do that before the transfer window opens !!!!!!!

And just to cap it all you then say (see above) ....  "we do look more balanced with him in"  !!!!!!!   Make your mind up !!  

We'll be lucky to get back half what we paid for Kram unfortunately. I don't think it'll work out for him now - he's just not produced the goods on the odd occasion he has been given the chance. Loan him out to a Championship side with a bit of money, hope he does well and cash in on him come Summer.

I agree.

It may be best if we loan Kramaric to an inferior league like the Championship, Holland, Scotland, etc.

He has scored bucket loads in Croatia and if he did well somewhere else we may get our money back in the summer. There seems to be loads of Championship clubs willing to spend £10m on a striker and if he went on loan somewhere and showed his previous form they'd be queuing up for him.

The thing with Okazaki is I don't think you can prove one way or another his contribution to the team, or lack of.

Personally I don't think we'd be as effective going forward without him. I think he gives defenders and midfielders something else to think about. They never know which direction he's coming from. They don't get as much time as they'd like on the ball.

Look at it this way, he's pressing from the front, the opposing defender rushes their pass and that doesn't give the opposing team to settle, find space etc. Playing a percentages game we win the ball back in a 50/50 their defence is out of position and gives us the chance to do what we do best, counter attack.

He doesn't offer a lot going forward, we can all see that. But Mahrez, Albrighton and Vardy do. In a 3 on 3 situation against any team at the moment you'd back them to cause some damage. Okazaki's inclusion in the team is not ideal because we'd all like a number 10 to pick up assists and goals, but for now with the way we set up and play his role and influence on the team can't be underestimated.

We're a high tempo, pressing team and with players like Okazaki, Vardy and Kante we're good at what we do.

Stats on things like forward passes, assists etc don't always tell the full story

Get a grip, somebody asked me to post the Nugent stats if you'd bothered to look.

This is not an "Agenda" it's an opinion backed by statistics, Stats are always dodgy ground, but the way people are using those stats and trying to turn them around to back up this player is embarrassing. He's no better than Nugent statistically doing the exact same job. 

If you really want the Vardy stats I will put them up soon?

No, it is an agenda. You want to paint Okazaki in a bad light so you've gone out of your way to prove that.

I want you to post the Vardy stats as I'm almost positive that he won't be the 'winner' in each area.

I thought that Nugent was a good player but we received an offer we couldn't turn down. People think we can only ever sign people that play every week. Okazaki is a fine squad player, its ****ing embarrassing that people who pretend to know their football can't appreciate that.

Archived