Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

5 hours ago, Wookie said:

Yeah Johns House has had a Michelin star for a couple of years now, still haven't got round to going there yet.

Went to Restaurant Sat Bains in Nottingham a couple of years ago, throughly recommend that place for a special occasion.

• Like 1

Went down the Blue Bell in Rothley on Friday. Spot on as always.

Has the Blacksmiths just got that Michelin star? Been there a couple of times and didn't strike me as a venue that would be going for a Michelin star.

18 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I like it mate but that Oscar and Rosie's near the market probably edges it for me, their pizzas are ****ing massive and really decent.

Yeah heard a lot about that place. Was just thinking of Peter for before the wba game as they usually have pretty good offers when leicester are at home.

32 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Surprised meatcure in town has had it, never rated it above crafty but it was still very decent scran and always had people in there, shame. 

Service has been terrible both times I've been in.

Probably cost them.

Just now, Simi said:

Used to love it, but not been since they got a 0 on the food hygiene rating.

Quite surprised by that tbh, as the food has always been good there and you can see the chefs preparing and cooking it at the back etc.

44 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Quite surprised by that tbh, as the food has always been good there and you can see the chefs preparing and cooking it at the back etc.

Back up to a 4 now, will give it a go sometime soon. Always a fantastic fillet steak when I've been in.

• Like 1

Looking for recommendations of the best place to have a curry in Leicester. Needs to be within walking distance of the KP. The Prince of Punjab is an obvious contender. Group of five fellas, likely to get a bit loud, so nowhere too posh :thumbup:.

5 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Looking for recommendations of the best place to have a curry in Leicester. Needs to be within walking distance of the KP. The Prince of Punjab is an obvious contender. Group of five fellas, likely to get a bit loud, so nowhere too posh :thumbup:.

There's others around the Narborough Road area, including the Tamarind which never disappoints.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

Paddy Marten does the best in Leicester but it's not walking distance of the footy

Tried Heritage India on Welford Road last night, after hearing good things.

Very impressed, and obviously popular with Indian families which is always a positive sign.  Food was very good quality and not really any more expensive than other half decent curry houses, so no probs on value for money front

On 10/10/2017 at 16:53, Wymeswold fox said:

Is San Carlo still any good?

Haven't been since the Sven days.

For Leicester it’s fine. Mahrez was in there Sunday night when we were there.

Not amazing, but decent atmosphere and food is fine. Same as it always has to be fair.

Cant work out how they make money with such a massive menu. Can’t be fresh or the waste they would encounter would  be a burden to the business. 

On 10/10/2017 at 20:37, The Fox Covert said:

Always like Zizzi's when I am up. Decent food for a chain and nice staff too.

While I was working in the Black Country I got a bit of a taste for Caribbean grub.

Any decent restaurants in Leicester that do it?

Zizzis not for me. Went there a few weeks ago and menu appears all made up of pasta and pizza, which is the two areas all restaurants like to focus on as it’s where they make their money.

Decent surroundings and staff, but nothing adventurous on the menu so you can see it is a chain that is throwing out food in the two areas of profit.

When I was in it was full, then when I went to pay they asked if I had a voucher. I asked what voucher and found out that nearly everyone in there had 25% vouchers off the internet.

A quick search and got a code and got the discount. Looks like they throw these vouchers out for fun.

Nice staff and atmosphere.