Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

Going to spend a few nights in London before I go to the euros in a few weeks.

Planning on going out for a really good meal with my brother, does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm thinking of the hawksmoor but I love Mexican and Japanese.

Bodega Negra - Mexican

Blaclock - Chops

Pachamama - Peruvian

Ikeda - Japanese

Souvlaki - Greek

The Windmill in Newbold Verdon/Brascote. I think they have a sister pub in Thornton as well which I've been too and that was nice as well.

Prices aren't ridiculous food is of a very good standard and they've got Speckled Hen on tap. 9/10

The Windmill in Newbold Verdon/Brascote. I think they have a sister pub in Thornton as well which I've been too and that was nice as well.

Prices aren't ridiculous food is of a very good standard and they've got Speckled Hen on tap. 9/10

Second this, I have been to both and they're excellent.

Highly recommended for Sunday lunch too if you're ever in need of a place for that.

At the Riverside Festival this year TRJFP are having their own section in the ECO area and will be cooking up some tasty meals. I may be there at some point helping out or maybe even doing a poetry slot on the stage they will have.

We will be wearing City Blue shirts with the logo on giving out ECO information and recruiting volunteers.

• 1 month later...

@@MattP @@Unabomber

Am I right in thinking the old bulls head in Woodhouse is one you two have rated before? Probably even in this thread tbh if I could be arsed to check?

Used to be a nice old traditional English pub. Last time I went in it was a trendy, gastro-pub. :nono::cry:

Guest MattP

@@MattP @@Unabomber

Am I right in thinking the old bulls head in Woodhouse is one you two have rated before? Probably even in this thread tbh if I could be arsed to check?

Yeah it was lovely when I went, although it is 3-4 years back now.

If UB recommend it (he did after all, just noticed it was on the first page haha) then of course it's a trendy gastro pub. :P

Don't get me wrong, it looked very nice, but then trendy gastro-pubs do. Woodhouse Eaves use to be a great village for pubs, The Wheatsheaf, Forest Rock, Pear Tree, Curzon Arms and the Old Bulls Head (wasn't it Ye Olde Bulls Head?). Five good solid pubs in one modest size village. Now one of them is gone (possibly two, is the Forest Rock still there?) and the two nicest ones are far too posh for the likes of me.

• Like 1