Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

Guest MattP
8 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Miller & Carter in Rothley is supposed to be really good.

I'm looking forward to going, they seem to have gone out of their make sure some really good meat is on the menu, the T-Bone looks a must try from the menu.

Went to Miller and Carter tonight, cracking stuff, really good. Had a steak at Marco Pierre White's in Hinckley last week too which was fine but not in the same bracket.

Also if anyone's ever out oakham way the mill street inn do a fantastic scran, had a sirloin there that was other planet lads

• Like 1

On 04/10/2016 at 11:38, Tincy said:

Dovecote in Narborough - Fantastic

It is now it's in new hands . I went about two years ago and the food was really bad . Also, if you live in the area,  avoid the Mill on the soar . That place should be condemned.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Went to Miller and Carter tonight, cracking stuff, really good. Had a steak at Marco Pierre White's in Hinckley last week too which was fine but not in the same bracket.

Also if anyone's ever out oakham way the mill street inn do a fantastic scran, had a sirloin there that was other planet lads

I was at Miller and Carter Rothley last night too - absolutely fantastic

A bit pricey to eat there often but for special occasions it's perfect. Had the t-bone which was exactly how I wanted it, beef dripping sauce (works far better than the usual peppercorn) and peanut fondant pudding. Easy 9/10

The onion loaf thing is a nice touch too. Not that bothered about the lettuce thing but it's a nice warning that your meal is on its way

55 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I was at Miller and Carter Rothley last night too - absolutely fantastic

A bit pricey to eat there often but for special occasions it's perfect. Had the t-bone which was exactly how I wanted it, beef dripping sauce (works far better than the usual peppercorn) and peanut fondant pudding. Easy 9/10

The onion loaf thing is a nice touch too. Not that bothered about the lettuce thing but it's a nice warning that your meal is on its way

Did you see a well dressed man with fantastic hair out with his other half, if so that was me

I didn't mind the onion thing but found it pretty heavy, sirloin was banging though and that sauce is on the money. The lettuce thing was pretty difficult to eat in those bowls but like you said it's quite a nice little touch and it doesn't cost you anything.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Did you see a well dressed man with fantastic hair out with his other half, if so that was me

I didn't mind the onion thing but found it pretty heavy, sirloin was banging though and that sauce is on the money. The lettuce thing was pretty difficult to eat in those bowls but like you said it's quite a nice little touch and it doesn't cost you anything.

I didn't I'm afraid, too busy thinking about food or eating to notice other folk. I was the shaven headed bloke in the slate blue shirt and shit trousers with the blonde lady. Was there from 7-9 ish

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I didn't I'm afraid, too busy thinking about food or eating to notice other folk. I was the shaven headed bloke in the slate blue shirt and shit trousers with the blonde lady. Was there from 7-9 ish

On another note what on earth has happened to waiting times in Aroma Spice? Since the guy with the tasche left it's been obscene on a Friday night.

22 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

On another note what on earth has happened to waiting times in Aroma Spice? Since the guy with the tasche left it's been obscene on a Friday night.

Don't know, last curry I had was Dining Room, they've well upped their game lately. Not had Aroma Spice in about 3 months

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Dining room tribuji is lit.

need to visit miller and carter as it's round the corner. Obvs I could check the menu like but really how much am I boshing for me and the wife?

A lack of pricing on the website suggests........££££££.

44 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Dining room tribuji is lit.

need to visit miller and carter as it's round the corner. Obvs I could check the menu like but really how much am I boshing for me and the wife?

Steaks are all about £16-30, including chips(/other starch), tomato, onion loaf and choice of sauce. Me and the missus had a main each (16oz t-bone and fillet I think 10oz), 2 drinks each and pudding each, came to just under £80 but well worth it. Prices comparable with 1573 but much nicer food, better ambience, good parking and good service. Couldn't find anything at all to complain about

They also do fish and other dishes if you go with one of those weirdos who think red meat is cruel but chicken and fish slaughter is perfectly acceptable

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

If you've got to ask, you can't afford it.

Damn son.

52 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Steaks are all about £16-30, including chips(/other starch), tomato, onion loaf and choice of sauce. Me and the missus had a main each (16oz t-bone and fillet I think 10oz), 2 drinks each and pudding each, came to just under £80 but well worth it. Prices comparable with 1573 but much nicer food, better ambience, good parking and good service. Couldn't find anything at all to complain about

They also do fish and other dishes if you go with one of those weirdos who think red meat is cruel but chicken and fish slaughter is perfectly acceptable

Cheers Jules. I last went 1573 about 7 years ago on a works Xmas do and it was incredible! My Mrs will probably be a freak and order a burger

29 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Damn son.

Cheers Jules. I last went 1573 about 7 years ago on a works Xmas do and it was incredible! My Mrs will probably be a freak and order a burger

No worries. Yeah the meat at 1573 is good but last time I went the potatoes were inedible and the non-Christmas menu is pretty pricey for what it is. It's also really dark and both times I've been I've been stuck upstairs right near the toilet so people are walking past all the time.

I'd go as far to say Miller and Carter is up there with the best steak I've had in this country and everything else was top quality. My birthday next month, I'm going to have to make another booking

2 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Don't know, last curry I had was Dining Room, they've well upped their game lately. Not had Aroma Spice in about 3 months

Never been to the dining room but my mate goes there a bit, I'll check it out. Imagine if there was a proper decent boozer, scandalous in Birstall it really is

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Never been to the dining room but my mate goes there a bit, I'll check it out. Imagine if there was a proper decent boozer, scandalous in Birstall it really is

Stanny is too fighty, White Horse is too foody, Plough is too small. I grew up in Sileby and that's full of proper pubs

Dining Room is well good value, I wouldn't eat in there (noisy and a bit shit interior) but for takeaway it's great. Onion fried rice is a must, as is the lamb makhoni. You get a discount if you collect as well

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Blue Bell in Rothley is meant to be good and vibrant.

The owners also own The Windmill in Wymeswold, The Curzon and a few more somewhere.

Yeah the blue bell is very good. The last couple of times we have been we've had to book a table or you run the risk of eating in the bar area. 

Give the Golden Fleece a try Wymsey, you won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Blue Bell in Rothley is meant to be good and vibrant.

The owners also own The Windmill in Wymeswold, The Curzon and a few more somewhere.

Blue Bell is pretty good, but they do that thing where you get a big plate and all the food is a tiny pile in the middle of it. I'm not a fat bugger and I was still hungry after last time I ate there

Didn't realise Curzon Arms was run by the same people - been about a year since I last went but that's one of my favourites. Really nice food and setting