Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

City Flags

On Monday, August 08, 2016 at 14:48, ithuriel said:

There was a couple of flags hanging just a row in front of where I was sitting, one was wrapped around the railings and the other kept rising up in the strong breeze and obscuring the game, the lad whose flag it was kept pushing it down, in the second half it nearly went down on those below when the string on one end loosened and he and his mate had to grab it quickly, after that they wrapped it round the railing too.

lol yep sorry the England flag was mine. Relative of mine took it for me. We commented that with the breeze it needs a few fishing weights or alike on it lol it held up ok in the 1st half. But I did notice it blowing up more and more in the 2nd. To the point where they gave up and wrapped it round barrier.

It's not lightweight either to be honest. A lesson learned if hanging it off a upper tier.

As for the laces loosening they clearly never went cubs lol 

Edited by Bayfox

34 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I would leave out the 3rd line, I think it's better without

Interesting you say that as I was thinking try it without the fourthline as the third line is part of the chant?

all about opinions though I suppose and it's up to the person I suppose

1 hour ago, BradyLCFC said:

opinions? 

zwde7a.jpg

Agree with leaving the third line out. I'd also make the blue in all the badges and the background the same.

**Just realised the third line is part of the chant, maybe just play with the text a bit so the 3 lines read together and the last line reads separately?

Edited by ajthefox

35 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Agree with leaving the third line out. I'd also make the blue in all the badges and the background the same.

**Just realised the third line is part of the chant, maybe just play with the text a bit so the 3 lines read together and the last line reads separately?

I have no idea how to make it all the same colour to be honest lol I'm new to this GIMP software.

I know what you mean though. I wanted the third line as its part of the chant. I'll play around with it tomorrow and may look at putting the fourth line in the White bit and see how it looks.

9 hours ago, BradyLCFC said:

I have no idea how to make it all the same colour to be honest lol I'm new to this GIMP software.

Hold Ctrl and click the colour that you want to use (for example the blue bits on either of the badges), then that colour will be selected as your foreground colour. Let me know how you get on!

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

That's how the song goes.

Is that the song that starts with "Leicester boys are we" before about 4 or 5 lines of mumbling? I always strain my ears to try and hear what your corner are singing lol Can never make it out.

Either way, those words would make for a good flag.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Is that the song that starts with "Leicester boys are we" before about 4 or 5 lines of mumbling? I always strain my ears to try and hear what your corner are singing lol Can never make it out.

Either way, those words would make for a good flag.

Yeah, that's the one. Think there's a bit of confusion to be honest, especially as last season it ended "now we're gonna win the league". Obviously doesn't make sense now.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, that's the one. Think there's a bit of confusion to be honest, especially as last season it ended "now we're gonna win the league". Obviously doesn't make sense now.

Well we could win the league this season, so we can sing that until its mathematically impossible for us :P 

Yeah ultimately do what you like mate. Your flag should be personal to you. I'd only do two lines as you can make the letters bigger and more visible. 

Some great fonts out there as well, that would make it a lot more personal.

Edited by The soup nazi

On Tuesday, August 09, 2016 at 21:30, Bayfox said:

lol yep sorry the England flag was mine. Relative of mine took it for me. We commented that with the breeze it needs a few fishing weights or alike on it lol it held up ok in the 1st half. But I did notice it blowing up more and more in the 2nd. To the point where they gave up and wrapped it round barrier.

It's not lightweight either to be honest. A lesson learned if hanging it off a upper tier.

As for the laces loosening they clearly never went cubs lol 

The offending articles lol 

20160807_155247.jpg