Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Curry

I'm always stuck when it comes to curries. If I'm asked about a meal out, I always decline if it's at an Indian.

I don't like particularly hot or spicy food which rules out a lot, and I am allergic to nuts which rules out a lot including the milder curries like Kormas.

Could have one of the drier dishes like chicken cooked in the tandori with rice. Still be nice mate.

The Taraj Palace is the best one in Syston.

Usually prawn rojan josh or jalfrezi.

Taraj Palace do fantastic popadoms, and they come with the pink coconut which is brilliant, not just the chutney/onion/yoghurt

I used to love Grand Durbar but last time I went (year ago) it seemed to have gone downhill a bit. Aroma Spice in Birstall is very nice

If it's on the menu, lamb makhoni, onion fried rice, PESHWARI NAAAAAAAAN. Peshwari naan is a better invention than garlic bread, it is better than sliced bread. It should get that "product of the year" stamp, every year.

Red Rose is the best in Syston, Webbo. lol Not had it for a while but the milli juli was/is good and used to be a favourite of mine also the murich chicken. Also back in the day when the spice of India was the place to go the chicken Franze Beckhanbour was great. Must say though that at the moment Jalfrezi is a fave. Don't care much for poppadoms but the Mrs insists on them so I'll take them with the green, do not fear the green, though it doesn't seem anywhere near as hot as it used to be a few years back.

Really need to visit more of Leicester's curry houses, always just been to The Curry House on London Road.

Love a good pathia, tawa or whichever dish on the menu calls for the most booze (the Royal Bengal in Harborough does one laced with rum and brandy, and they set it on fire in front of you). Peshwari or keema naan as a standard side.

Is Mongoose beer still brewed by the way? Looked set to take over from Cobra at one point but nowhere seems to sell it now.

Archived