Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Curry

Don't live in Leicester but I have been to Aroma Spice in Birstall and The Spice Cube in Mountsorrel. Both very nice. 

Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi or a Rogan Josh is my go to dish. Pilau Rice and a nice garlic naan on the side.

i've lived in asia and the only place i got anything that seemed authentic in Leicester was flamingo's on loughborough road. London Road is all fake. Melton Road is good for veggies. Kayal was ok but i've only tried the set lunch... Basically come round my house we have the best curries

i've lived in asia and the only place i got anything that seemed authentic in Leicester was flamingo's on loughborough road. London Road is all fake. Melton Road is good for veggies. Kayal was ok but i've only tried the set lunch... Basically come round my house we have the best curries

Next week?

Fvckin love a good curry me! Chicken Jalfrezi, Balti, Madras, Naga, are some of my favs..

It's definitely my fav food, as for good places? i used to use Aroma Spice and they were great but one day they delivered & their card machine wasn't working, he was like don't worry i'll come get it another day, i ignored them and their phone calls and haven't used it since lol.. Spice Cube is my new haunt and it's pretty good but i yearn for Aroma Spice again!

Shall i just bite the bullet and order from them again and see if they remember? it was a while back now haha

Nowadays when I go to the cinnamon tree I tell the guys to make something that is as hot as a vindaloo but is different. So they usually either create something or make a house special hotter. Last night I dunno what it was but it had chickpeas in which I would usually swerve but it was delicious. 

Kayal food is great, in my experience. Always good to see a menu without all the usual nonsense on, and bonus marks for them for refusing to make a bloke a Jalfrezi who didn't even look at the menu

Kayal food is great, in my experience. Always good to see a menu without all the usual nonsense on, and bonus marks for them for refusing to make a bloke a Jalfrezi who didn't even look at the menu

Kayal is south indian, there cuisine is totally different, not nonsence.....exactly proofs what I have said India is a continent!!!  You would never see cocunut in a punjabi curry, and vice versa, Saag is not a south indian dish!!

Kayal is south indian, there cuisine is totally different, not nonsence.....exactly proofs what I have said India is a continent!!! You would never see cocunut in a punjabi curry, and vice versa, Saag is not a south indian dish!!

I think it's Keralan there, but I'm not sure what that really means other than they do quite a lot of fish, so my missus loves it. What I meant by nonsense is the same dishes you see over and over again in most Indian restaurants. Let's be honest, a large proportion of Indian restaurant menus are interchangeable, when as you say, there is far more to the country's cuisine than that. I'd be surprised if most of our curry house proprietors came from the same bit of India (let alone the rest of the continent)

I think it's Keralan there, but I'm not sure what that really means other than they do quite a lot of fish, so my missus loves it. What I meant by nonsense is the same dishes you see over and over again in most Indian restaurants. Let's be honest, a large proportion of Indian restaurant menus are interchangeable, when as you say, there is far more to the country's cuisine than that. I'd be surprised if most of our curry house proprietors came from the same bit of India (let alone the rest of the continent)

I Have it on good authority that the food in Indian restaurant is nothing like what the average Indian eats at home. If I mention rogan josh to my Indian customers they'll claim they've never heard of it.

I Have it on good authority that the food in Indian restaurant is nothing like what the average Indian eats at home. If I mention rogan josh to my Indian customers they'll claim they've never heard of it.

I've only been lucky enough to enjoy some proper Indian home cooking on a few occasions and it's only ever borne a passing resemblance to what you get in most restaurants, and it's generally been fabulous. I can sort of understand why in the early days a lot of effort would have gone into catering for English tastes, but now even more conservative diners surely wouldn't be averse to branching out from Chicken Tikka Masala?

Is Mongoose beer still brewed by the way? Looked set to take over from Cobra at one point but nowhere seems to sell it now.

Yes, I had a pint at some curry house on London Road at Christmas. Tasted like horse piss that had been run through a soda stream. They didn't have Kingfisher, I was gutted.

Archived