Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Curry

I Have it on good authority that the food in Indian restaurant is nothing like what the average Indian eats at home. If I mention rogan josh to my Indian customers they'll claim they've never heard of it.

My dad is Indian and he always says you can tell if it's good food by how many Asians are eating there aswell.

Most of these Indian restaurants everything tastes the same. I ate at Dine India last year with blokes from work amd to me all the dishes just taste the same with a little bit more spice for the jalfrezis and vindaloo.

My dad is Indian and he always says you can tell if it's good food by how many Asians are eating there aswell.

Most of these Indian restaurants everything tastes the same. I ate at Dine India last year with blokes from work amd to me all the dishes just taste the same with a little bit more spice for the jalfrezis and vindaloo.

Yeah the art of mastering the balance of spices is seriously hard to do and when you eat at an Indian with a top chef you can really tell. If you are ever in the area deffo try the Cinnamon tree, they have a few places but the chef there is one of the owners and it makes a big big difference.

Only ever have Cobra when at an Indian it's not great but not too bad.

I found a case of that in my cellar the other day, been there years.

What a load of old Cobras...

hot n sour soup szechuan chicken fried rice bare prawn crackers

the real debate (one yet to be settled by any living men) is popadoms v prawn crackers who wins

Poppadoms just cos they're more versatile. 

Poppadoms just cos they're more versatile.

but you could eat prawn crackers at any time can't really snack on a few dry popadoms can you? an popadoms are nearly always a starter, prawn crackers can be a starter a side or a ****ing dessert as far as I'm concerned. great things.

but you could eat prawn crackers at any time can't really snack on a few dry popadoms can you? an popadoms are nearly always a starter, prawn crackers can be a starter a side or a ****ing dessert as far as I'm concerned. great things.

So weird how they are made out of prawn.

Guys you notice how at the bottom of every curry house menu they have simply "Chicken Curry" what absolute flannel would order that?

I wondered that for years until my curiosity got the better off me, I ordered it at my local curry house and to my amazement it had a really nice flavour and was completely different to everything else on the menu. Not really what I expected

Standard Chinese takeaway:

House special fried rice

Duck in plum sauce

Duck pancakes

Chicken in batter with metallic pink sauce

Also have an authentic Chinese place near me that do awesome things with crabs and lobster. No idea what half of it is because the menu is badly translated from mandarin but tasty yes.

The real question is do you order your own curry, or everyone get a different one and mix and match?

I can remember years back going out with a group of 6 for a curry, amongst us all we ordered 4 tikka masalas, four ****ing tikka masalas lol. I tried to talk them into ordering a a couple of different dishes but they wouldn't have any of. Then low and behold when the food comes out they all pour it on their plates and then wanted to 'just try to see if I like it' what myself and the other non masala diner friend had ordered.

Red Rose is the best in Syston, Webbo. lol Not had it for a while but the milli juli was/is good and used to be a favourite of mine also the murich chicken. Also back in the day when the spice of India was the place to go the chicken Franze Beckhanbour was great. Must say though that at the moment Jalfrezi is a fave. Don't care much for poppadoms but the Mrs insists on them so I'll take them with the green, do not fear the green, though it doesn't seem anywhere near as hot as it used to be a few years back.

Il 2nd that,red rose is quality,doesn't matter where else I try no one makes my curry as good as there's,and the kids love the mint yogurt,need 3 of the each time.

Remember some absolute cretin ordering steak and chips in The Curry House once (think I was so incensed I posted in the grinds my gears thread) and then properly ranting at the staff. Some fvcking people.

If any of you are ever in Blackpool there's a banging curry house called Lee Raj by the way. South end of town near the end of the tram line. Top gear and they used to do King Cobra beer (8.5% Belgian-style beer made by Cobra).

Can't speak for Leicester CHs,but I'm a member of the gentlemans curry house round my neck of the woods.once a month,go for different things.love a Pathia but the last one up there was hotter than the sun for some reason.Keen on a chicken salee but madras strength.Nann Keema everytime.

Archived