Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Curry

I can remember years back going out with a group of 6 for a curry, amongst us all we ordered 4 tikka masalas, four ****ing tikka masalas lol. I tried to talk them into ordering a a couple of different dishes but they wouldn't have any of. Then low and behold when the food comes out they all pour it on their plates and then wanted to 'just try to see if I like it' what myself and the other non masala diner friend had ordered.

To be fair, some curry house tikka masala is incredible, especially if you compare it to the ready-made pot stuff from a supermarket. I haven't ordered it in a while though, does make you look a right noob.

I'm not a fan of sharing food as I normally really look forward to a good meal out and have a good idea what I'm going to order before I go. Last thing I want is someone ordering something I'm not going to enjoy and then take half of my delicious lamb makhoni and say "this is nice, I might order that next time" YOU COULD HAVE ORDERED IT THIS TIME YOU C**T I TOLD YOU SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE WE CAME IT'S A NICE DISH.

Remember some absolute cretin ordering steak and chips in The Curry House once (think I was so incensed I posted in the grinds my gears thread) and then properly ranting at the staff. Some fvcking people.

If any of you are ever in Blackpool there's a banging curry house called Lee Raj by the way. South end of town near the end of the tram line. Top gear and they used to do King Cobra beer (8.5% Belgian-style beer made by Cobra).

I had a belting madras in a curry house somewhere in Blackpool once, absolutely fantastic, I haven't got a clue where abouts it was or the name as a taxi driver dropped us off there and I/we where fairly well cooked so non of us can remember. I also had a fantastic kebab in blackpool once as well on a back street near the pleasure beach, freshly made and served in nan, again I've looked since and have no idea where it is.

I had a belting madras in a curry house somewhere in Blackpool once, absolutely fantastic, I haven't got a clue where abouts it was or the name as a taxi driver dropped us off there and I/we where fairly well cooked so non of us can remember. I also had a fantastic kebab in blackpool once as well on a back street near the pleasure beach, freshly made and served in nan, again I've looked since and have no idea where it is.

I'd wager you were dropped off at Armenian Kebab House in South Shore. Lee Raj is about a quarter of a mile further down the Prom and round the corner. Probably the only thing I miss about not living there.

Armenian that rings a bell, it was on a barrow street but was a busy little place considering it wasn't on the main drag. Haven't a clue about the curry house though I get a feeling it was on a main road, not the promenade, but whenever I go there again I'll check it out.

While we're here what's everyone's numero one Chinese? 

Hot and Sour soup and Singapore Chow Mein after for me

You can't go wrong with the SCM,first down on the order in our house,I used to like the Deep Fried Chile Beef but not so keen.

Just had a look on the intertwat on how to make them and I saw this thread " aaaahhhh no.Veggie Forum" some veggie was going on about eating loads and not realising they have prawns in unbelievable .

I won't name mine, but normally eat there once or twice a month.

Ran out of time Friday, so rang up for a takeaway. When I picked it up, they gave it me free.

At Christmas they passed me a bottle of Moët and Chandon.

Lovely food, but forgetting the freebies, they are thoroughly nice people.

You can't go wrong with the SCM,first down on the order in our house,I used to like the Deep Fried Chile Beef but not so keen.

Just had a look on the intertwat on how to make them and I saw this thread " aaaahhhh no.Veggie Forum" some veggie was going on about eating loads and not realising they have prawns in unbelievable .

Crispy chill beef is my new go-to, but it varies massively from place to place. Lee's in Birstall do a good one, but a lot of places there's very little beef involved and can be really chewy if not done right

Used to usually go for lemon chicken but I was put off by it once I had it from a place where they must have used lemon Fairy Liquid instead of sauce, bloody nasty. There's very few Chinese dishes I don't enjoy, except for ginger chicken, that sauce overpowers everything on the plate

Can someone tell me what's the deal with Singapore chow mein? I usually just have the plain as it's normally about £2 and just as nice as the meat variants

I'm all for sharing in curry houses providing they don't tai all the ****ing meat! Starters are different though, if I'm out with the family, Mum will always put off ordering a starter so she can have some of mine or Dads. She can keep her grubby mitts of tbh, if you want a starter you better ****ing order one.

Starters are different though, if I'm out with the family, Mum will always put off ordering a starter so she can have some of mine or Dads. She can keep her grubby mitts of tbh, if you want a starter you better ****ing order one.

A bugbear of mine, the missus quite often won't order a side of rice/chips depending what we're eating "it'll be a waste, I'll just have a bit of yours" then takes half. FFS. 

If the batter is well cooked then it's a delight in itself though. Especially dipped in the pink sauce or, better, used to mop up sauces from other dishes (I particularly like this technique employed with duck in plum sauce). You can't do this with nuggets because there isn't enough batter to get a proper mouthful. Also I dont know any Chinese takeaways that do chicken nuggets. I do like chicken nuggets as well though, don't get me wrong, but it's different shapes and sizes for different needs.

Archived