Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Routledge

Leicester are set to hijack Queens Park Rangers' move for Wayne Routledge.

The winger is free to leave Newcastle this summer and was expected to complete a permanent move to Loftus Road after spending the final few months their last season.

But Foxes boss Sven-Goran Eriksson hopes to tempt the former Aston Villa forward into swapping the Premier League for the Championship.

Sven set to pinch Routledge from under QPR's noses

QPR manager Neil Warnock remains keen on striking a deal with Newcastle to bring Routledge to West London on a full-time basis after he played a key role in the club's top-flight promotion.

Always thought he was decent, but why would he come here?

He's already at QPR, he's been there before, he's been twice so presumably likes it, they're in the Premier League, I doubt they can't afford him. But good on ya for trying Svennis.

Always thought he was decent, but why would he come here?

He's already at QPR, he's been there before, he's been twice so presumably likes it, they're in the Premier League, I doubt they can't afford him. But good on ya for trying Svennis.

Looking at his Wiki (Yeh, I know) it appears he turned down a 3 year deal at QPR last month in the hope of a bigger club coming in for him. You'd think that would mean Premier League still though.

Looking at his Wiki (Yeh, I know) it appears he turned down a 3 year deal at QPR last month in the hope of a bigger club coming in for him. You'd think that would mean Premier League still though.

Well that's sorted then, he's coming here.

:sge: We're massive.

Routledge had trouble doing a full 90 minutes in the championship he'll have no chance in the prem.

Not saying he shite but we'll need better signings than him if we're to be any type of force next season.

He has a knack of playing reasonably well when he's on loan (as anyone who was at the cottage that day can well remember) but buy him? no, take him on loan? yes worth a shot.

I would be suprised if he chose us over a prem team. Our only saving grace is that its QPR.

A season struggling near the bottom of the prem losing most games or near the top of the champ winning most games ( hopefully :whistle: )

If i was him i would wait to see if a better team came in for him than QPR

I always think there is more to the decision than which league the club is in at the moment, of course it must be taken into account that most players would choose the premiership over the championship because they want to play at the highest level possible and this is emphasised further when the player has never played in the premiership (E.g. if we had lodged an identical bid to Norwich's for Morison then we wouldn't have had a sniff).

However in this case could there be more to the decision?

As an outsider QPR look like a club who have had the capability to move out of the championship for a while but have struggled to do so, only achieving this when under the reigns of a proven manager. The club are owned by unstable, sporadic types who after this feat then threatened Warnock's position and who although they are willing to spend money, do not seem to have treating the club, staff or fans well very high on their agenda. Routledge could move there on a very decent wage and play premiership football whether it be off the bench or in the first team, but for how long will the current QPR structure be in place? how long will they stay at the top level for?

Now I am in no way suggesting that we are certainly getting promoted this season and we would easily stay up if we did. However as a player I would much rather join a club that to all knowledge has a stable structure built, a manager that the board and fans believe in, a foundation in place for future development (stadium plans, worldwide brand etc) and a long term project that is looking to be at the very least extremely exciting.

Maybe it is just the very fact of playing at the highest level that is more attractive to players, or maybe QPR are in fact a lot more stable than it would seem and have a clear 10 year plan involving Routledge becoming player-manager

Just come to Fudging Leicester.

would love this to happen but i highly doubt it, if QPR genuinely want him then they'll get him and as for the wikipedia sourse, do you realise any one can edit that bull sh*t site??

• 3 weeks later...

Archived