Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Mendy Injury

Mendy ankle injury.png

Looked really bad when it occurred and he seemed to be in considerable pain. However, the good thing is that he was able to stand up and hobble to the sidelines after the initial treatment, which suggests to me it's not that serious (minimal to moderate damage).

Expect him to be out for about three to six weeks.

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Mendy ankle injury.png

Looked really bad when it occurred and he seemed to be in considerable pain. However, the good thing is that he was able to stand up and hobble to the sidelines after the initial treatment, which suggests to me it's not that serious (minimal to moderate damage).

Expect him to be out for about three to six weeks.

Makes me glad we have our medical team instead of Arsenal's, he'd be out for three to six months in that scenario

5 hours ago, Gerbold said:

A bit of doom-'n-gloom going on here. The fact that he was allowed back on the pitch to try to run it off shows that the physio in charge couldn't see any obvious, immediate damage. I suspect that it's a sprained ankle and that, once the swelling has gone down, and he receives the traditional treatment - Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation and some more sophisticated after care - ultrasound etc. it won't take long before he's available to play. Dinnae fret, wains.

Thanks for the professional opinion Dave Rennie.

Our fitness team are one of the best in the country with latest technology and analysis to keep players out of the red zone or at least manage them carefully when they are physically at risk...

Last season they managed to keep our player availability at unbelievable levels but the reality is that impact injuries cannot be prevented and the law of average suggests we will not be that fortunate this season.

Hence the need for a strong squad which we have in most positions but CM is a concern.

Hopefully Mendy will not be out too long as I thought he looked promising on Saturday - he gave a few too many fouls away but his positioning and all round game looks good - interestingly for me he got caught for pace a few times which will be down to not being used to the speed of the game here compared to France but 2nd half he actually had started quite well.

People seem to forget we eased Kante in last season so hopefully Nampalys will comeback soon!

3 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Sarcasm I expect.

So what significant point are you making, Brains? That I'm underestimating the extent of his injury? Or that I don't know what I'm talking about?

No 'trainer' worth his/her salt would allow a valuable player back on if they suspected complex damage to the tissue/bone arising from the trauma suffered.

So what's your view then - do you know any more than anyone else, or are you just venting your negative thoughts and feelings on someone with a reasoned, positive take on the situation?

Did Bournemouth sack their chap after he allowed Wilson back on at Stoke with an ACL ? 

3 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Sarcasm I expect.

So what significant point are you making, Brains? That I'm underestimating the extent of his injury? Or that I don't know what I'm talking about?

No 'trainer' worth his/her salt would allow a valuable player back on if they suspected complex damage to the tissue/bone arising from the trauma suffered.

So what's your view then - do you know any more than anyone else, or are you just venting your negative thoughts and feelings on someone with a reasoned, positive take on the situation?

A little advice: You don't have to reply to obvious internet trolls. Simply ignore them or put them on your ignore list. Makes life much more enjoyable. So you can focus on the more important matters.

On 27 August 2016 at 05:23, Gerbold said:

Sarcasm I expect.

On 27 August 2016 at 08:48, MC Prussian said:

A little advice: You don't have to reply to obvious internet trolls. Simply ignore them or put them on your ignore list. Makes life much more enjoyable. So you can focus on the more important matters.

Not an internet troll and I don't know any more than anyone else about his injury. Just didn't think we needed the thesis on RICE treatment. 

Archived