Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Horibbly Wrong

The Birth of Foxestalk

For some reason I always check on the join date of FT members when they comment... I started to read FT in about 2004 (converted from Talking Balls LCFC Forum, which I think was called something else then) Ive gone through about 3 different accounts - hence my relatively recent 'member since' date.  I was previously Weel but lost the password and something else 'Focks' I think .. anyway..

I just wanted to know who set the FT forum up and who were the first few members.. its nearly 10 years old!

Mark runs and owns it.

davieG, Scow, Lisoh, Katy, stez, Carl, etc were all here forever. Significantly, most of the longest standing posters have long grown out of Foxes Talk. Cobbo's still around occasionally, think he was here for the start, and davieG will never leave!

I joined as Sosban Fach in 06.

I used to use the LCFC forums but the bickering got to me. I didn't even fight for a cause back then. Non-Leicester fans were coming on using all sorts of abusive and racial language and the admins said they could do nothing about it. Started using this site mainly because I was on nights and nowhere else was open with people on. Don't really remember what it was like. Just a few regulars talking nonsense and not much politics religion conspiracies or anything controversial.

It's got July 2004 for me. I'm sure I had to reregister later on

Mark & Scow(y) set it up, I believe it was following some dispute/frustration with the Official LCFC Forum that later closed.

Mark runs and owns it.

davieG, Scow, Lisoh, Katy, stez, Carl, etc were all here forever. Significantly, most of the longest standing posters have long grown out of Foxes Talk. Cobbo's still around occasionally, think he was here for the start, and davieG will never leave!

I joined as Sosban Fach in 06.

I'm making sure I'll have a broadband connection in my coffin.

Who was on the official LCFC forum? I was ancasderana. Think I was also Hop T Mist. May have changed to PC Mist but not sure about that. I used to be called Hop if I met any down the pub before a game. May have joined before I started doing security or had Saturdays off.

Who was on the official LCFC forum? I was ancasderana. Think I was also Hop T Mist. May have changed to PC Mist but not sure about that. I used to be called Hop if I met any down the pub before a game. May have joined before I started doing security or had Saturdays off.

frogs legs ?

I'm more interested in the conception of FT. 
Was it a candle lit romantic affair , an evening of fine wine , dancing , kissing under a moonlit starry sky followed by tender wooing and poetic courtship .Or just a rough shag after a piss up 

frogs legs ?

I'm more interested in the conception of FT. 
Was it a candle lit romantic affair , an evening of fine wine , dancing , kissing under a moonlit starry sky followed by tender wooing and poetic courtship .Or just a rough shag after a piss up 

more likely someone re-using the bath water after the previous bather had a good tug in it

Mark & Scow(y) set it up, I believe it was following some dispute/frustration with the Official LCFC Forum that later closed.

I'm making sure I'll have a broadband connection in my coffin.

The official LCFC forum was an awful format back then and the only alternative we had was Talking Balls which I thought could be so much better than what it was. I actually put the idea of FoxesTalk to the admin of TB, due to my lack of knowledge of running a website but he wasn't keen on changing his site. We went ahead and set FT up anyway but just a week after set up I accidently deleted the whole site and had to start over again lol

I always remember though, the original date we started was 4 July, the final of Euro 2004. 

I started posting on the official LCFC Forum back in 2002, I think. When it got switched off after some nasty and uncalled critique aimed at Micky Adams, I found FT and a safe haven with it.

Thinking of it, the original LCFC Forum was quite a neanderthal compared to Foxestalk (even in its early days).

Archived