Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Narborough Road appreciation thread

I officially no longer live off Narborough Road. I'm shacked up at the Brantings for a few weeks before I move into my new flat off Blackbird Road.

I liked Narborough Road, though. Went downhill a bit in the five years I was there mind. 

Appreciation for Narborough Road, you having a laugh.

Last five years, it's had an influx of foreigners & foreign shops, which has turned it into a shithole. 

I'm glad I live near the KFC area, a bit more bearable. 

Appreciation for Narborough Road, you having a laugh.

Last five years, it's had an influx of foreigners & foreign shops, which has turned it into a shithole.

I'm glad I live near the KFC area, a bit more bearable.

You mean Braunstone.

I officially no longer live off Narborough Road. I'm shacked up at the Brantings for a few weeks before I move into my new flat off Blackbird Road.

I liked Narborough Road, though. Went downhill a bit in the five years I was there mind. 

Linked?  ;)

It is what it is. Bit of a shithole but it isn't like you have any expectations of it.

I do like Zarcones.

Anyhow, it leads to Narborough so that can only be a good thing.

Exactly what I was going to say  :)

I'm 42 & when I was a kid, I always viewed Narborough Road as a shithole.......run down, dodgy looking pubs, an abundance of second-hand shops, litter everywhere.

Nothing spectacular, but about 20 years ago it appeared to pick up.  New bars, Braunstone Gate was regenerated & it became a popular but affordable place to live for young professionals & students.  Those same places that were redeveloped & improved are now 20 years old & it has become tired & messy again

I used to live just off Narborough Road, many years ago. It was much better then I reckon, although I did have problems with my car being 'got at' on more than one occasion.

Now, it's still useful for Town and food.. (Handy to be able to pop out and get any sort of takeaway within five mins), but I'm much happier where I live now.

Blimey your older than that?

Just wondering what the foreigners have to do with making it a shit hole?  Do they smear excrement on the walls?  Not empty their bins?  Sounds like it's the local councils fault to me. :)

If the 'foreigners' didn't move in...it would be like Woodgate where you have handful of businesses, pubs have closed, offices have closed, factories knocked down. Not that pretty.

Still don't think it's all that bad down towards Brauny Gate.

Until you've been a fair few places in this country, you realise Leicester is a decent city.

If the 'foreigners' didn't move in...it would be like Woodgate where you have handful of businesses, pubs have closed, offices have closed, factories knocked down. Not that pretty.

Still don't think it's all that bad down towards Brauny Gate.

Until you've been a fair few places in this country, you realise Leicester is a decent city.

So offices close because foreigners move in, why? and if true hardly the foreigners fault is it.

So offices close because foreigners move in, why? and if true hardly the foreigners fault is it.

Read what he said again Ronaldo. He said if the foreigners hadn't moved in.

Archived