Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

But he was our top scorer last season.

That is the only comment I hear from Nugent defenders.

If the only positive about a player is that he 'has done' something then I'm afraid you just prove he isn't good enough.

What has he done so far this season? We look like playing with 10 men when he is in the side. Vardy is quicker, Mahrez is better at everything, ulloa is a better target man and finisher, wood is a better finisher....Why does he play?

He is simply benefiting from a side doing so well, that is why he hasn't been dropped.

Agreed.

Don't let the Nugent army shout you down, they're the eejits.

Did you or did you not mention Wood? Do I have to spell it out to you or are you pretending to be a retard? It's not difficult is it? If your not suggesting Wood replace Nugent, why mention him?

But you said I suggested dropping nugent for wood...if you read I was actually listing our forward players and how their strengths are better than nugents.

You clearly read it wrong, but not looking like an idiot for not admitting so.

Players faster than Nugent - Vardy, Mahrez, Albrighton, Schlupp.

Players who are better in the air than Nugent - Ulloa, Wood, Vardy.

Players who can finish better than Nugent - Wood, Ulloa, Vardy, GTF, King, Powell.

Players who make quicker decisions than Nugent - The entire human race

When we switched in the 2nd half, I have to admit Nugent was rendered useless behind Ulloa, and he's not a natural winger. Nugent isn't a 10, he's just not.. I love the lad, I just can't see him playing his socks off every week, scoring goals, and creating them and then his defensive play isn't that great. 

May be worth trying out Mahrez on the right of a 4-3-3 or Knockaert (if feeling risky) behind Ulloa as a 10, and even pump King in that position as the 4-4-1-1. 

I don't want to get on Nugent's back because he's been great for us, but his position is one that's up for grabs IMO. That being said, he does a hell of a lot of work we just don't notice, and Pearson does. I'm sure if Kevin Phillips didn't think Nugent was good enough to be in a 3 at the top, or behind Ulloa, then Nugent wouldn't be playing every week. We have to have that faith in our coaches and management and please don't get on their backs after a defeat today. We're still a newly promoted team who has spent 10 years in the Championship - never forget what we are. 

Palace played well today.

Players faster than Nugent - Vardy, Mahrez, Albrighton, Schlupp.

Players who are better in the air than Nugent - Ulloa, Wood, Vardy.

Players who can finish better than Nugent - Wood, Ulloa, Vardy, GTF, King, Powell.

Players who make quicker decisions than Nugent - The entire human race

Grewks, you're not allowed multiple accounts on here.

But you said I suggested dropping nugent for wood...if you read I was actually listing our forward players and how their strengths are better than nugents.

You clearly read it wrong, but not looking like an idiot for not admitting so.

Why are listing Wood if you're not suggesting he could replace Nugent? Seriously are you that stupid? Mods need to set up an IQ test to keep people like you off the forum.

Players faster than Nugent - Albrighton

Players who are better in the air than Nugent - Wood

Players who can finish better than Nugent - GTF, Powell.

Posters who don't make stupid, terribly reactionary decisions - 95% of foxestalk

All wrong bar the last one

Link between the midfield and attack?

Is that why we were so direct today...because nugent is so bloody inept and linking, finishing and anything except for running.

lol  How did he cost us points today. I agree that he's possibly not up to it but he was the player most likely to make something happen today. The whole team were poor but if you want to blame anyone then point the finger at the midfield who were so turgid today.

Why are listing Wood if you're not suggesting he could replace Nugent? Seriously are you that stupid? Mods need to set up an IQ test to keep people like you off the forum.

Because...and I will type again...he is a better finisher.

You read it wrong and refuse to let your incorrect point drop...arrogant ****.

How do you know that? What do you base your assumption on? A few stats on FIFA or FM?

Nugent and Wood are usually employed in different positions, Nugent mainly slightly behind the attackers. Whereas Wood would hardly ever feature as a CF. He is, at least in my books, a classic striker type of player. Period.

Can you see Wood putting in as many shifts as Nugent and helping out in defense that much? Really?

We've played well with Nugent in the side so far and he's contributed both on the attack as well as acting as a defensive stalwart with a great workrate in midfield.

Today, everybody had a mare - not just him.

Singling him out when realistically, the collective should be criticized is both simplistic and one-sided. And more than just a bit stupid, really.

Also, there's no need to call others names. Or would you like to be labeled an ******** ****?

Nugent isn't a winger & he isn't a natural number 10 role type of player, but he hasn't been bad this season.

People will say what has he offered so far...just take a look at the results we've got with him in the team.

Playing him behind Ulloa has seen us collect points from, Everton & Arsenal & a win against Stoke. 

Nugent in a 4-4-1-1 formation offers energy, good link up with Ulloa & better help to the midfield, that formation hasn't let us down one bit this season yet, so Nugent behind Ulloa must be clicking somewhere. 

Bore off with the scapegoating already. Are we going to have this every time we lose? Always Nugent's fault. It isn't coincidence he's been part of the side that have had such a great start. You don't get the results we've had so far this season (and last season) by having only 10 effective players on the pitch. If you're too thick to realise the importance of the role he plays in the team then that's your issue. So predictable with some of our fans. Always have to have one player to continuously blame. The whole squad wasn't great today. Not just him.

grewksy clearly got a hate towards nugent

suggesting he hasnt won us games is frankly stupid. you do realise 1 man in a team doesnt actually win it by himself right?

wood finishes better therefore he should start ahead of nugent in the deep or wide role. worst logic ive ever read.

you want him dropped? fine. so desperate to get him out that anyone should replace him? lunacy personified. and quite simply you sound petty & stupid.  

I like nugent but I think he's one of those players that only real scholars of the game can appreciate. when he's not scoring to me, an amateur football viewer, he offers very little, neither midfielder, winger or attacker. i don't see the link up or clever runs, I see a guy throwing his arms up at the ref non stop. again, I don't dislike him though, I just don't see why he appears to be undroppable.

What has the fact Wood is a better finisher than Nugent got to do with Nugent starting when they play totally different roles in the team? I didn't read it wrong, and as you can see from other replies other people read it the same way as me, which is the only way it could be intended, because I'm not sure what else you would be implying by bringing up Wood other than suggesting him as a candidate to replace Nugent.

Nugent isn't a winger & he isn't a natural number 10 role type of player, but he hasn't been bad this season.

People will say what has he offered so far...just take a look at the results we've got with him in the team.

Playing him behind Ulloa has seen us collect points from, Everton & Arsenal & a win against Stoke.

Nugent in a 4-4-1-1 formation offers energy, good link up with Ulloa & better help to the midfield, that formation hasn't let us down one bit this season yet, so Nugent behind Ulloa must be clicking somewhere.

He's perfect against sides such as Arsenal, Everton, United etc because he doesn't stop working, hassles and harries the opposition and is a good counter attacking player. Against sides like Palace though who sit deep and look to play on the counter themselves he has no role in the side. He isn't comfortable in possession, he isn't intelligent in his movement to create space for others and he isn't a creative player to unlock stubborn defences. Today we would have been better suited to go for a straight 4-4-2 with Ulloa and Vardy or if continuing with the formation we played someone like Mahrez/Knockaert/Powell who can unlock a tight defence.

What has the fact Wood is a better finisher than Nugent got to do with Nugent starting when they play totally different roles in the team? I didn't read it wrong, and as you can see from other replies other people read it the same way as me, which is the only way it could be intended, because I'm not sure what else you would be implying by bringing up Wood other than suggesting him as a candidate to replace Nugent.

you said that I said 'wood should replace nugent'.

I never said anything like that, just that wood is a better finisher.

Nugent is meant to be the most experienced forward player in the squad, he isn't leading by example. People who criticized Rooney against us for being 'invisible and constantly moaning at the ref' seem to let nugent off for some reason. On the stream today he was complaining to the ref, and did the same against United shortly before they got their second, when he should of been hurried to get back into position.

He's perfect against sides such as Arsenal, Everton, United etc because he doesn't stop working, hassles and harries the opposition and is a good counter attacking player. Against sides like Palace though who sit deep and look to play on the counter themselves he has no role in the side. He isn't comfortable in possession, he isn't intelligent in his movement to create space for others and he isn't a creative player to unlock stubborn defences. Today we would have been better suited to go for a straight 4-4-2 with Ulloa and Vardy or if continuing with the formation someone like Mahrez/Knockaert/Powell who can unlock a tight defence.

Completely agree and said so in the pre-match thread. Needed more pace, creativity and width today. Nugent isn't the quickest and doesn't quite have that spark that Vardy, Mahrez etc... have. Same can be said for Hammond. Even though he was alright whenever he got the ball going forward nothing happened. He isn't quick enough or creative enough when the emphasis is on us to break them down. I thought playing Nuge and Hammond was a mistake today. Hopefully we do differently next Saturday.

Archived