Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Pearson has to go!

I'm am a huge Pearson fan, and I so desperately want him to do well, because his approach to the game and his use of sports science are brilliant! However, I think there does need to be a serious discussion between Nigel and the board, because at the moment we're stuck in reverse, I'm sure anyone who's been down the city for long enough, has seen it all before.

Need to sort out the strike force and attacking play. Just don't look like we will ever score. This lack of wingers hasnt once worked yet, and won't work either, just stops us breaking and look so exposed down the sides when defending.

Please just play 442 or formation with wingers please

But how long will that take? As I said in the opening, I have been defending him lately, but he is not experienced enough and doesn't make good decisions

Mate he needs to sort it, but he can have as long as he wants as no matter what, we would be worse without him and bringing a new manager in would mean certain relegation,

Let's think long term here...

Who got us here?

Who would 100% do better?

Who knows our squad best?

Who would you want if we were back in the championship next season?

He's showing a lot of worrying signs at the moment but it'd be a rash decision to sack him at this stage. Another 3-4 games at least yet. I really think we'd regret letting him go.

Let's assess this.

1. Only 1 goal away from home

2. In relegation zone

3. 6 game winless run

4. Failed to score in 5 of them

5. 1 clean sheet in 11 games

6. Just lost 2-0 without registering a shot on goal

I'd say managers have gone for less. And that's not even taking into account his baffling tactical decisions, rubbish transfer business and his arrogant post match interviews..

What isn't here to like about Nigel?

Ok we are losing games but the biggest concern is the lack of goals and chances created. If we were losing tight games then I could see a light at the end of the tunnel but sadly we look beaten before we start.

Southampton were poor today by their standards so where does thar leave us. Maybe a change of management may give us a bit of hope because at the moment we are dropping like a stone.

The only mistake Nigel made was believing in his players to hold their own at this level. The manager isn't at fault for our players not being good enough, they are out of their depth and Nigel now needs to be ruthless in recruitment when January comes.

We need to make 5 signings - an imposing physical midfielder, a quality attacking midfielder, a winger to replace Dyer (lightening quick to play opposite Mahrez), a Premiership quality striker and another left back to challenge Schlupp as Konchesky is finished at this level. 

He needs to get rid of Nugent, Konchesky, Hammond for a start. Then keep an eye on the likes of Wood to see if they look to be able to make the step up.

Quite the opposite - he had faith in them at the start of the season, admittedly we were fraught with injuries, but we played our team from last year with Ulloa in for Vardy, and looked comfortable in the division. The problem is Pearson is trying to outsmart the opposition and showing them too much respect. We played our own system against Everton and matched them, against Chelsea and looked good for 60 minutes until we got down to playing GTF in CM, against Arsenal and could have won. When we played our way and showed the premiership absolutely no respect, we made the step up look easy. 

I think two more games, if we don't get at least 4 points from Sunderland and QPR, it's time to go. He needs to stop dicking about with the tactics, stop trying to set up to outsmart the opposition or contain them, and make them worry about containing us. At the very least a meaningful shot before the last 10 minutes is a simple expectation - one not being delivered at the moment. I'm still just about in support of Nigel, but he needs to sort it out sharpish.

Ok we are losing games but the biggest concern is the lack of goals and chances created. If we were losing tight games then I could see a light at the end of the tunnel but sadly we look beaten before we start.

Southampton were poor today by their standards so where does thar leave us. Maybe a change of management may give us a bit of hope because at the moment we are dropping like a stone.

Think January signings could be massive for us.

It will probably be too late though. Some of our players seem to lack the quality and composure to make their mark at this level.

Jan transfers are always inflated.

If we do not turn this round before then we will pay silly money for players no better than we have.

If we do turn it round enough to encourage better players in why spend silly money in Jan.

I never thought our squad was that great as some did but I think it is a hell of a lot better than it is playing.

Far too early to tell if he should go or not. What is true is we are playing badly. I said last week..look not only at points but PERFORMANCES..today we didnt have a single shot at goal. The usual suspects may all say that people are jumping the gun..but look at the STATS..which for the past few games make awful reading. Tough times ahead..

We look clueless..is the fact, currently.

He doesn't help himself though, why say "people need to realise it's a class apart" and then not sign the right players? We farted around trying to keep the likes of Nugent, put him on 40k a week when we've had evidence he can't cut the premier league before....that's money wasted surely?

Jan transfers are always inflated.

If we do not turn this round before then we will pay silly money for players no better than we have.

If we do turn it round enough to encourage better players in why spend silly money in Jan.

I never thought our squad was that great as some did but I think it is a hell of a lot better than it is playing.

Oh it's better than it is playing. For sure. I still think some nowhere near good enough though.

You're a mupp mate lol

How'd you work that one out? It's basic stuff mate, you being too clueless to grasp it is nobody else's fault. Do you understand what 'burden of proof' means? If you want Pearson sacked and replaced, you surely want to have evidence that this would be beneficial and not pointless or damaging? You can't just say 'Well you can't prove sacking him won't be good so we might as well get rid and see what happens lol herr derrr.'

The guy is already in the job and for the overwhelming majority of his tenure has done very well for us. If you have no evidence for your claim other than the fact that you feel butthurt when we lose then do everyone a favour and keep your Negative Nancy comments to yourself you dolt!

I don't want Pearson sacked, but he is going to have to remove his head from his backside, and do the job he is paid for.

He appears to have learn't nothing thus far, with regard to how to play his side, and is devoid of any tactical know how. If we don't perform in our next three games, I can see him gone by Xmas. If that is to be the case, then he will probably have deserved sacking.

But how long will that take? As I said in the opening, I have been defending him lately, but he is not experienced enough and doesn't make good decisions

How long also depends on factors I have no idea about.

But I'll say this, are Palace, Burnley, Qpr, Villa, Sunderland looking to sack their manager?

We might go down playing as we all want us to, all I know is I'd rather go down having a go than playing it safe.

Archived