Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Hull Post Match Thread 0 - 1

Nothing negative ..... just realistic ...... It was awful defending at times ..... but we got lucky - happy days - I'm delighted to have got lucky .... But let's not makes statements like the defence were immense when they were awful!!!!

The defence, including Ben Hamer, played pretty well. A clean sheet away from home in the Premier League doesn't happen by chance. We were under pressure mainly due to the midfield giveing the ball away too cheaply in the second half. Cambiasso missed.

They do, they're just not going to get carried away and make out it's anything other than that, like some people are.

It's a win. We didn't deserve it, we probably won't stay up, but it's a win. We're happy. But you're not going to get anymore than that from me.

Well they certainly get carried away when we lose. Doesn't matter that we were unlucky to lose to Spurs? Seems like double standards to me

Picking out all the negatives and providing no positives don't strike me as somebody that is happy

Stringer and Bourne are hating this.

Bourne just said something like "So should we pin some of the blame on Konchesky getting sent off"....erm :unsure: blame for what exactly? We won? :unsure:

Ok it might have been a silly sending off for what i've heard and perhaps he just phrased it wrong, but it just comes across strange to me.

I thought that. Very odd way to ask the question.

I'm basing it on more than one result. We've won as many as four other teams, which is ridiculous looking at the run we've been on.

We don't need to be amazing we just need to be better than 3 others and that's possible.

Sure we need to improve, we need a bit of luck, but no way should we be giving up. Half a season still to go.

Who's giving up? It's the players you should be directing that at, what I think has nothing to do with it.

We don't need to debate our chances of staying up if you don't want, I'm happy just to be happy with the win. 

The 2 CBs were immense today, the fullbacks a little less so, it is fair to say it was only Hull though. I thought Mahrez was better against Spurs tbf but he did track back today. I thought all the subs were the right decision, both Cambiasso and Mahrez were fading a bit and saving them for Liverpool was a good idea. 

Whether we were lucky, they were poor - doesn't matter, we won and survival is still very achievable (need to gain 3 points over 19 games. Matching their results and beating them will do) - quit being such a miserable arse

It's achievable if we're good enough, and I don't think we are.

The defence, including Ben Hamer, played pretty well. A clean sheet away from home in the Premier League doesn't happen by chance. We were under pressure mainly due to the midfield giveing the ball away too cheaply in the second half. Cambiasso missed.

They played well for good periods of time ..... but did look pretty badly organised too at times ..... Koch being the wrong side of his man at 0-0 and watching as he blazed it over the bar springs to mind as a lucky break that really could have changed the game.

Vardy would have made a big difference in the last 30. Someone who could make something of our panic hoofs

Thought the 2 centre backs and nuge played well as well as Hamer.

A left back a composed centre half and a number 10 link man and I think we can give ourselves a decent shot at staying up

i really enjoyed that victory (at the final whistle anyway) as I do every Leicester win. I support Leicester City and have done for 40 years.

Still think Pearson was the wrong man to bring back. Even a broken clock is right twice a day though.

Don't understand why people consider these views inconsistent.

Comments like this really show people for what they really are. 

we now have no recognised left back against a Liverpool and Newcastle side with a lot of pace.

Despite his advancing years, Koncheski remains a very intelligent left back.

But for those still saying it..... bolloooooocks!

I thought Konch did pretty well today.

When Was and Was are goofing the ball along the back line after a midfield pass back it's always Konch who has to get them out of trouble. He's blamed too often for mistakes made earlier by others.

Yes he's a step slow but he's the best full back we have at the club at the moment.

A lot of us have been saying our appalling 13 game run didn't have all that much to do with luck. Individual errors in last ditch defending and attackers failing to take their chances are all a part of the 'all-round performance'. As such, it'd be hugely one-sided to put any of what happened today down to luck. Our last-ditch defending, keeping was heroic at times, and we scored a tremendous goal from a bit of brilliance. The subs were poor, specifically Drinkwater and Wood, but other than that they deserve credit.

Who's giving up? It's the players you should be directing that at, what I think has nothing to do with it.

We don't need to debate our chances of staying up if you don't want, I'm happy just to be happy with the win.

Who's giving up? Just read the pre match thread for that answer.

Didn't you watch the match?

I'd replace all 4 defenders if I had the chance.

No FIF, in all fairness, listened on the radio. And studied the in-game stats. The amount of play Hull had and chances they had, doesn't indicate a poor defensive performance. Hull sounded dire in front of goal, but a shocking defence would have lost that game.

What happened with the goal and two red cards please?

Goal was from a break, good interplay between Ulloa and Nugent and a square ball from Nugent allowing Mahrez to cut inside and pass the ball into the net from about 20yrds. Konchesky got two yellows first was a por challenge and the second was a bit harsh but their guy threw himself to the floor. Their red card was from a guy misjudging the bounce of the ball from a clearance and bringing the ball back with his hand with Nugent going in on goal.

we now have no recognised left back against a Liverpool and Newcastle side with a lot of pace.

Despite his advancing years, Koncheski remains a very intelligent left back.

But for those still saying it..... bolloooooocks!

Yeah very intelligent red card, very intelligent pass back at West ham. He's supposed to be an example to our players without premier league experience but he's a liability

Archived