Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Hull Post Match Thread 0 - 1

It's achievable if we're good enough, and I don't think we are.

I think we've all got your point of view.

Have you understood that many of us still believe that there are at least 3 and possibly 6 teams worse than us in the Prem. We Believe.

Maybe so, but we were arguably more shit than than Hull, and got lucky.

We played well against Spurs when we hadn't won in 12, so why not today? 

Again, people need to accept we were terrible today, and just be happy with a very fortunate win. 

Probably because shit teams drag you down to their level?

How many games in the Championship against sides like Barnsley, Peterborough, Doncaster et al were great performances? Most were scrappy, battling games that were certainly not for the purist because the opposition want to stop you playing. We've just played the PL equivalent of Peterborough v Doncaster, and a very out of form Peterborough and Doncaster with no confidence.

We're capable of good performances against better sides and they will come, at least we now know we are capable of winning even when playing poorly. 

i really enjoyed that victory (at the final whistle anyway) as I do every Leicester win. I support Leicester City and have done for 40 years.

Still think Pearson was the wrong man to bring back. Even a broken clock is right twice a day though.

Don't understand why people consider these views inconsistent.

Jeez, wrong man for the Prem I could understand and disagree with, wrong man in the Championship?! Like many, I bet you hated last year, probably thought our success was despite Pearson rather than down to him. Broken clock right twice a day, he was right enough for 101 points last year. 

No FIF, in all fairness, listened on the radio. And studied the in-game stats. The amount of play Hull had and chances they had, doesn't indicate a poor defensive performance. Hull sounded dire in front of goal, but a shocking defence would have lost that game.

You'd have a different view of the game by watching it.

Well they certainly get carried away when we lose. Doesn't matter that we were unlucky to lose to Spurs? Seems like double standards to me

Picking out all the negatives and providing no positives don't strike me as somebody that is happy

Well your perspective is totally fvcked up there. The Spurs performance was not in keeping with our performances in the 12 games before it, except Man City. Today's result is not in keeping with the previous 13.

The big picture is that since the Man Utd game we've played very poorly in the majority of matches and this is our first win since.

So that's not getting carried away with one or two results, it's 13 without a win. Nor is it double standards because losing to Spurs is not the reason we are bottom, it's several much worse performances resulting to defeats. Spurs has little to do with it in the scheme of things.

No FIF, in all fairness, listened on the radio. And studied the in-game stats. The amount of play Hull had and chances they had, doesn't indicate a poor defensive performance. Hull sounded dire in front of goal, but a shocking defence would have lost that game

Col, streams out there and got to be better than listening to Stringer.

Hamers save when schlupp lost concentration for a single moment

getting away with that was simply the difference today compared to other days

belief. its all we could ask for after today. we have it

NP "we rode our luck" ......

So maybe it's OK to now discuss the game without avoiding that for fear of being called negative!!??

Admitting that we rode our luck, and saying we're poor if we lose like we did vs spurs but winning is just luck, is clearly being negative, particularly given who it is coming from

Is this the same Cambiasso,that according to some should be nowhere near the side

That'd be the one yeah, just doesn't fit the system apparently.......lol

Maybe so, but we were arguably more shit than than Hull, and got lucky.

We played well against Spurs when we hadn't won in 12, so why not today? 

Again, people need to accept we were terrible today, and just be happy with a very fortunate win. 

We weren't shite for the ENTIRE game though were we, last 30 minutes I give you woeful is not the word.

They do, they're just not going to get carried away and make out it's anything other than that, like some people are.

It's a win. We didn't deserve it, we probably won't stay up, but it's a win. We're happy. But you're not going to get anymore than that from me.

Have to agree. Great to win, but we wont be in the Premiership next year.

Liverpool up next! Say no more.

Probably because shit teams drag you down to their level?

How many games in the Championship against sides like Barnsley, Peterborough, Doncaster et al were great performances? Most were scrappy, battling games that were certainly not for the purist because the opposition want to stop you playing. We've just played the PL equivalent of Peterborough v Doncaster, and a very out of form Peterborough and Doncaster with no confidence.

We're capable of good performances against better sides and they will come, at least we now know we are capable of winning even when playing poorly. 

Hugely simplified argument. Just because you're playing someone shit doesn't mean you have to play as badly or worse. Even if that is the case, I'm not sure one fortunate victory proves we're going to start beating shit sides when we've struggled so badly against most of them, performance and results wise.

Really, I mean you're picking up on my comments and trying suggest I'm being negative, but that's the only thing really bringing negativity into this thread. You could just have accepted things for what they are (other posters as well). Besides, it wasn't long ago you thought Pearson had to be sacked, you've changed your tune pretty quickly.

I felt when cambiasso went off that is when all the troubles started. We lost possession far too easily...

Same here. All the substitutions were understandably negative and the side deteriorated noticeably. But they got the job done!

That'd be the one yeah, just doesn't fit the system apparently.......lol

We weren't shite for the ENTIRE game though were we, last 30 minutes I give you woeful is not the word.

I wouldn't jump the gun too quickly. We ground out a game and that's great, but the last half an hour or so was like the Alamo. Again, we had little control of the game and, let's be honest, on another day we'd have lost. Hull sounded woeful in front of goal.

To stay up, we can't ride our luck too often. We need to start having some control of games. That said, and I think this is the crucial thing, we clearly are still trying and still have belief. Who knows, IF we can secure a couple of quality additions in January, we still have a chance.

Huge win today...and if Cambiasso had a great game, I'm happy enough...

Archived