Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Hull Post Match Thread 0 - 1

Admitting that we rode our luck, and saying we're poor if we lose like we did vs spurs but winning is just luck, is clearly being negative, particularly given who it is coming from

Are you sure you are making the point to me???? I've said that our defence weren't "Immense" and that we had our fair share of luck for once .... why do you feel it necessary to read anything else into it????

I'm delighted we don't look so far adrift now and that we've got 3 points. ...... it could be the start of a run... and we wouldn't need a big run for it to really make a difference. 

we won lucky today ..... Happy days...... See that as negative if you like .... personally I'm quite happy with it.

I wouldn't jump the gun too quickly. We ground out a game and that's great, but the last half an hour or so was like the Alamo. Again, we had little control of the game and, let's be honest, on another day we'd have lost. Hull sounded woeful in front of goal.

To stay up, we can't ride our luck too often. We need to start having some control of games. That said, and I think this is the crucial thing, we clearly are still trying and still have belief. Who knows, IF we can secure a couple of quality additions in January, we still have a chance.

When Cambiasso came off you mean?

For the 452nd time do you want to read through what people write I think I've clearly stated I don't have a clue how they didn't find the net. The defence deserve a bit of credit as they were asked a lot of questions but failed to answer several and were very fortunate not to let one in. But the issues all started when Estaban came off, I dunno what you (i.e Ian Stringer) thought of his performance but many on here thought he was fantastic as did the commentary team on the stream I was watching. Not for the first time this season.

Three precious points,

we were fine first half playing a high line, with cambiasso at the heart of everything,

but when he was replaced, we looked like cannon fodder, lying to deep and hanging on

for grim death, however we at least showed some fight, ben hamer did well under siege,

pearson can build from this.

Hugely simplified argument. Just because you're playing someone shit doesn't mean you have to play as badly or worse. Even if that is the case, I'm not sure one fortunate victory proves we're going to start beating shit sides when we've struggled so badly against most of them, performance and results wise.

Really, I mean you're picking up on my comments and trying suggest I'm being negative, but that's the only thing really bringing negativity into this thread. You could just have accepted things for what they are (other posters as well). Besides, it wasn't long ago you thought Pearson had to be sacked, you've changed your tune pretty quickly.

Have I said the corner has been turned? That we'll definitely stay up?

No. 

I've said the win was what I expected. Scrappy, Championship standard football. Right now, we've one scrappy, Championship standard win against a team that'll almost certainly be in the bottom five in 13 games. I accept one swallow doesn't make a summer and if Pearson buys pony in the transfer window and we lose the next four, he'll go and rightly so. There's more of a glimmer than before, but until we put a run together a glimmer it remains. 

Poor teams always drag you down to their level to get something, you honestly believe Manchester City do not have the talent to beat Burnley at home? Fact is that if Burnley played Man City as they did, say, Hull they'd have been tonked. You match your tactics to your opposition, that's what happened today. You suffer a run of bad form, you play without confidence. That also happened today. 

I agree it was a poor display and a poor game, the corner has still to be turned and all that but saying we were especially lucky to win suggests Hull did enough to win and they didn't. They were poor in front of goal, lacked attacking menace and will most likely be one of the three going down in May. This wasn't like Cardiff's win against us a couple of seasons back, that WAS bloody lucky. 

We had control against Spurs they rode their luck

Sometimes you win games ugly

I would take 10 more ugly wins and stay up rather than control games and lose

I wouldn't jump the gun too quickly. We ground out a game and that's great, but the last half an hour or so was like the Alamo. Again, we had little control of the game and, let's be honest, on another day we'd have lost. Hull sounded woeful in front of goal.

To stay up, we can't ride our luck too often. We need to start having some control of games. That said, and I think this is the crucial thing, we clearly are still trying and still have belief. Who knows, IF we can secure a couple of quality additions in January, we still have a chance.

Huge win today...and if Cambiasso had a great game, I'm happy enough...

Huge win today...and if Cambiasso had a great game, I'm happy enough...

when cambiasso went off that is when we lost control of the game

When Cambiasso came off you mean?

For the 452nd time do you want to read through what people write I think I've clearly stated I don't have a clue how they didn't find the net. The defence deserve a bit of credit as they were asked a lot of questions but failed to answer several and were very fortunate not to let one in. But the issues all started when Estaban came off, I dunno what you (i.e Ian Stringer) thought of his performance but many on here thought he was fantastic as did the commentary team on the stream I was watching. Not for the first time this season.

I'll have to take your word for it. I didn't watch the game, as I've said. I've also said I'm well happy Cambiasso had a good game today. I'm a City fan and we won. So get down off your soap-box and don't get your panties in a twist.

If your 4-4-2 with Cambiasso continues to deliver the goods, I'll agree with you that it's the way to go. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. I don't see it, personally, but a wins a win.

The balls cambiasso passed were class. His vision and interceptions are key.

If anyone thinks Drinkwater James or Mr missing and ****ing king is better than this you need your head examined.

This is the reason why pearson prefers to start cambiasso. He is a professional the rest are amateurs.

Come on guys, things are not that bad, which team last thrashed us!! I agree we lack at time premiership quality in final third and in our defending but if we can cut out mistakes results will come. I don't care how we got the 3 points today it dosent matter. Your telling me Tottenham deserved 3 points !! No they didn't we played them off the park.. Man city didnt deserve the 3 points here really either, and that came from their fans as I was walking back from ground. Liverpool as well didnt deserve 3 points here and so on so on... A few tweaks here and there and I'm sure we will be ok. Stop slating the team we have what we have and until we buy to strengthen get behind the lads . I for one think when we get that ball moving well we are just as exiting to watch as your top 6 teams, were certainly better and more entertaining than teams around us

I'll have to take your word for it. I didn't watch the game, as I've said. I've also said I'm well happy Cambiasso had a good game today. I'm a City fan and we won. So get down off your soap-box and don't get your panties in a twist.

If your 4-4-2 with Cambiasso continues to deliver the goods, I'll agree with you that it's the way to go. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. I don't see it, personally, but a wins a win.

I don't think you will agree with it until we sign Cattermole and drop Cambiasso

The balls cambiasso passed were class. His vision and interceptions are key.

If anyone thinks Drinkwater James or Mr missing and ****ing king is better than this you need your head examined.

This is the reason why pearson prefers to start cambiasso. He is a professional the rest are amateurs.

Cambiasso organises the midfield well and he keeps things calm, cuts up play and has good vision. We lost all that when he went off

We've just won a game that we needed and still people still want PEARSON out ffs wake up were playing pretty decent football at times and losing by the odd goal today we played not so well and we won ffs we are not getting thumped 4,5,6-0 if we were I would be rethinking the fact about PEARSON but at the moment I'm backing PEARSON ATM he has my vote of confidence !!

I don't think you will agree with it until we sign Cattermole and drop Cambiasso

No need for that, I've said if Cambiasso played well today, then I'm well happy. I'm a City fan, first and foremost. So grow up lad. When we look to be really turning this form around, I'll start to believe that the system we play and the players we signed to play it, were correct. But not quite yet. We are still bottom.

Great win today though, and well played Cambiasso...

It's indicative of the forum that one win, and one good performance, over recent games, from one particular player, and people start gloating once more..

Too soon chaps... Give it time.

:thumbup:

Well it's the season of goodwill and the transfer window is upon us so lets be positive and dream a little. Looks like Top and co will open the cheque book and let Nigel get better players in. Despite our wows and a shocking run of form we are only 3 points adrift, just a scrappy win and with others around us looking to press the panic button and change managers, Palace have already others look in bad shape lets get behind the team and drive on. Onwards and upwards

We've just won a game that we needed and still people still want PEARSON out ffs wake up were playing pretty decent football at times and losing by the odd goal today we played not so well and we won ffs we are not getting thumped 4,5,6-0 if we were I would be rethinking the fact about PEARSON but at the moment I'm backing PEARSON ATM he has my vote of confidence !!

Okay so that winless 13 game won, dosnt matter because we didn't get thrashed in any, do we get bonus points at the end of the season because we haven't got hammered?? lol

Okay so that winless 13 game won, dosnt matter because we didn't get thrashed in any, do we get bonus points at the end of the season because we haven't got hammered?? lol

Yep and didn't those 13 previous games all happen with Cambiasso in the side? He sounded great today but I think some preach a little too quickly.

Just support your team we have no say whether Pearson stays or goes ffs so in the mean time just support Pearson and the lads as it's not Pearson who plays on the field but the players he puts his trust in to win us games blame works both ways !!

lol

Archived