Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Hull Post Match Thread 0 - 1

To be fair I thought we were alright, first half, not amazing.

The minute Cambiasso went off we couldn't string three pass's together and they dominated.

End of the day anything on the road in the Prem is huge regardless of how it comes especially against them.

Is this the same Cambiasso,that according to some should be nowhere near the side

Nothing negative ..... just realistic ...... It was awful defending at times ..... but we got lucky - happy days - I'm delighted to have got lucky .... But let's not makes statements like the defence were immense when they were awful!!!!

Some people always want more 5waller5. You're not allowed to just be happy with the result, you have to pretend we were amazing and that we'll stay up (despite all evidence suggesting the contrary).

Well based on that performance I can't see us staying up at all, despite the result. 

It was always going to be shit. We knew that from the outset.

If you think a game between a team with one in 12 and a team winless in 13 is going to be a classic, you're always going to be wrong. 

Confidence was so low that the chances of us breaking our winless run with a repeat performance of the United game were literally nil, it was always going to be a scrappy, scumbag win by the odd goal.

Our objective today, quite simply, was to be less shit than Hull.

Mission accomplished.

But a win and defeat is better than two draws. I know what you are saying but don't worry about Liverpool yet, that's four days away. Enjoy the day Matt, we don't win very often.

True.

I dwell on defeats so should do the opposite when we win I guess (Not sure i've worded that right, but you know what I mean! lol), I do enjoy wins, I really do, and I take your point but we do need to draw minimum v Liverpool!

Whoever said we would use up all our banked luck, got it spot on. I hope that is koncheskys last game in a Leicester shirt. Glad we got the 3 points but that was absolutely woeful stuff defensively. So glad January is so close.

Thought wood held the ball up well. What was Quinn playing at?! Haha

WTF???

What?

We're 3 points from survival.

Whats your point?

Yes, 3 points. I made a typo.

But its not a case of having to be the first across the line here, we have to accrue as many as possible and that means keeping other teams in touch. the boost in confidence if we suddenly pull in another 4 points quickly could be vital to our season.

Some people always want more 5waller5. You're not allowed to just be happy with the result, you have to pretend we were amazing and that we'll stay up (despite all evidence suggesting the contrary).

If you can't be even a tiny bit happy about a win after so long you should probably think about supporting a different sport.

Guest glasgowfox

Hull missed at least 5 that they should have finished ..... I wouldn't say our defence was any better ..... just a bit luckier.

Get a life.....were the spurs defence a bit luckier?  Enjoy...its allowed you know!!!

To be fair to the defence they were under a ridiculous amount of pressure as our forwards/midfield couldn't get the ball out of our half.

True.

But it would help if the defence didn't "clear" the ball to the opposition every time.

Having said that. we didn't concede.

One of our worst games of the season and one of our best results.

Now can we find a purchase and a loan to see us to the lofty 15th/16th that our overall plays deserves. :)

The big difference today compared to the last few weeks is that the lucky moments went our way. We have been incredibly unlucky this season. We have had a lack of quality at times, of course we have. But this could lead us on to a cheeky little run, fingers crossed.

It was always going to be shit. We knew that from the outset.

If you think a game between a team with one in 12 and a team winless in 13 is going to be a classic, you're always going to be wrong. 

Confidence was so low that the chances of us breaking our winless run with a repeat performance of the United game were literally nil, it was always going to be a scrappy, scumbag win by the odd goal.

Our objective today, quite simply, was to be less shit than Hull.

Mission accomplished.

That's pretty much the match report done!!!! 

Archived