Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Referees

Does every thread need the addition of "it's our fault we're going down"?

We can talk about things that are affecting us, referees decisions are playing a part, no one has said they are the sole reason.

No no no. FOAD with your reasoned approach.

I don't think that it's particularly been against us.

Refereeing in the Premier League this season has been really poor. I think Mike Riley has to take some responsibility for it, an unnamed Premier League was reported to have said that the current crop of Prem referees had lost faith in him and morale was low, which is having a knock on effect on their performance :dunno:

Agree. I try and keep a fair outlook and I've seen plenty of shockers be given against our opponents this season. The system needs looking at urgently.

an unnamed Premier League was reported to have said that the current crop of Prem referees had lost faith in him and morale was low, which is having a knock on effect on their performance :dunno:

what an absolutely pathetic excuse 

Obviously it's not totally down to the refs, we've been poor all season. Made stupid individual errors, played crazily negative formations v teams we should have been looking to beat etc. But when you look at a few crucial decisions, like Liverpool away, and less so things like Villa away, we could be 5 or 6 points better off, which despite our complete shiteness would be crucial at this point of the season and would see us in a much more competative position.

I am a loyal fan, who tries his best (can't always happen, part of being a fan) to look at things subjectively with our football club. Games turn on big decisions/moments. Nobody can tell me that at 1-0 down, not being given a CLEAR penalty (there is no debate, it was a foul, it was almost 2 yards inside the box) hasn't had a huge impact on the eventual outcome of the game. There's just no other way of putting it, the referee has (not on purpose, I'm sure) robbed us the opportunity of seeing what may or may not of happened had that penalty been rightly awarded.

Look at the end of the day the premier league has been currupt for years maybe about 5 years after it had been started , the reason the premier league does not want the technology same as rugby , stop play replys and key decisions is because the tops 5 revenue clubs who bring the mass amount of money , is because of this technology was in there the top 5 would not be top 5 , infact a different team could actually be in with a chance of winning the prem but that would not bring the same amount of money as in , if newcastle won the league to Man Utd / Chelsea/ man city / arsenal / liverpool , not a fact my opinion

Quite a few years ago, Gerry Taggart scored a goal for Bolton where the officials deemed that the ball did not cross the line. The 2 extra points that Bolton would have gained by winning this match, would have saved them from relegation.

With the penalties that we have been denied, added to the dodgy ones awarded to Liverpool at Anfield, we have probably lost a few points.

I'm not saying that referees have relegated us, but hypothetically, if we go down by 1 point, ultimately, poor refereeing decisions will have been vital.

Given the nature of modern football and the vast amount of finances involved, how feasible is it that the FA, or individuals, such as referees and linesman, will be sued for loss of earnings?

Go and post on one of the endless 'we're shit' threads, then!

??? Why the point is valid

The guy stats refs cost us 10 pts , but shocking management cost us 20 at least

Refs are crap we can't really do anything bout that

Our shite management team we potentially have a chance of influencing changing that

And I never said above WE WERE SHITE ...I said the management team were , and they are !

No one can even argue that as it's beyond subjective opinion it's actually fact now , time for a cliche..... the table never lies

I am a loyal fan, who tries his best (can't always happen, part of being a fan) to look at things subjectively with our football club. Games turn on big decisions/moments. Nobody can tell me that at 1-0 down, not being given a CLEAR penalty (there is no debate, it was a foul, it was almost 2 yards inside the box) hasn't had a huge impact on the eventual outcome of the game. There's just no other way of putting it, the referee has (not on purpose, I'm sure) robbed us the opportunity of seeing what may or may not of happened had that penalty been rightly awarded.

Totally valid point and correct

But also when we go down it will actually be because over the season our team and management will have cost us much much more than refs

But we are lacking fair rub of the green with refs , but accross the league seems same for many others

I think you meant objectively, my friend

THEY AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR POOR FORM BUT IT IS A TOPIC WORTH DISCUSSING AS TO WHETHER CORRECT DECISIONS HAVE BEEN MADE.

Obviously you haven't complained about referees before. Not Speedie at Wembley? Erland Johnsen?

The point you're missing is that it's not the referee's fault that we're bottom, as OP seems to imply.

So many games have hinged on bad decisions, endless penalty shouts waved away, again tonight 2 stonewall penalties not given, players inexplicably sent off. Penalties against us for handball when it is factually wrong to say the ball hit the players hand and another in the same game where the ball was played from a matter of feet away. Gerrard on one occasion was 4 or 5 yards offside and should have scored at the king power. These are not marginal decisions that have coincidentally gone against us. These are things a 5 year old could get right. It really does infuriate me so god knows what it does to the players and manager who have to endure being told that they are shit at their jobs in the face of this bollox.

So many games have hinged on bad decisions, endless penalty shouts waved away, again tonight 2 stonewall penalties not given, players inexplicably sent off. Penalties against us for handball when it is factually wrong to say the ball hit the players hand and another in the same game where the ball was played from a matter of feet away. Gerrard on one occasion was 4 or 5 yards offside and should have scored at the king power. These are not marginal decisions that have coincidentally gone against us. These are things a 5 year old could get right. It really does infuriate me so god knows what it does to the players and manager who have to endure being told that they are shit at their jobs in the face of this bollox.

and vardy's penalty against man utd was cast iron right?

we have gotten the rub before, it's just  convenient to  forget it.

I think we should have a * next to our name I the league like clubs have when they are docked points.

Except where it explains what the * stands for under the league it should give all our excuses.

i ****ing hate everyone. ****ing hell. how hard is it to understand that literally nobody is blaming referees for our position. in fact the only time that's been mentioned is by the utter ***** that have said "but you can't blame referees for our position". well well ****ing pointed out chaps, seen as nobody has even slightly suggested that. but go ahead. that's great. 

all people are saying is that we've been crap, but if you add our crapness to horrendous refereeing decisions it doesn't exactly help. 

Is it me or are referees more and more unable to follow the game accordingly?

I think the speed at which some matches are played is completely bedazzling them.

I'd suggest the introduction of two referees simultaneously. :ph34r:

and vardy's penalty against man utd was cast iron right?

we have gotten the rub before, it's just  convenient to  forget it.

It's also convenient to ignore that overall and in this division, the newly-promoted team has found itself at the punishing end of more dubious refereeing decisions.

Does that come to you as a surprise?

Trying to think about all the bad ones this season:

Krama v Man City

Schlupp v Man City

Morgan v Liverpool

Simpson v Liverpool

Konchesky v Villa (????)

Krama v Spurs

Hammond v ???

There's loads more but my mind has gone blank. 

Vardy v Spurs

Maybe Vardy v Palace

off the top of my head

Archived