Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

From what I've been told...

I don't agree but can understand why people want Pearson out but Warburton? He finished off the job that Rosler started at Brentford and has done a good job in the champ and that's literally it. Not even two full seasons as a manager yet. Think your mates talking bollocks.

I think that's the point?

Pearson got us up with a record number of points and within FFP... he has done and continues to do a great job, as a club we are in a great position regardless of relegation. Long term thinking, not short term...

When he came back, the season finished badly. Think long term was the cry!

His second season after coming back started well then absolutely fell to shit. 'Dont sack him. Think long term!' Was the cry. 'He's building a team for the Prem now', 'It's a year too soon for promotion' was said.

Third season back, amazing. Romped the league. 'We're ready!' Was the cry. All those who wanted him gone were given what for and Nigels young fire pissers who a year previous were not ready, had now blossomed into the team to soldify us in the Prem after so long away.

Now we're shit again and going back to the Championship, we're again hearing about long term thinking.

How fvcking long do we wait this time? Another 2 seasons whilst he assembles another squad that will get promoted to ultimately just go down again?

I'm sorry but the Championship is a complete lottery. Last year was freakish and is unlikely to happen again.

We will lose Kramaric, Mahrez, Cambiasso. We'll likely lose James and Kasper. Knocky will leave and possibly Wood. Was, Konch and Upson vanish.

Relegation is an absolute disaster and resets Pearsons entire 2nd tenure.

I don't agree but can understand why people want Pearson out but Warburton? He finished off the job that Rosler started at Brentford and has done a good job in the champ and that's literally it. Not even two full seasons as a manager yet. Think your mates talking bollocks.

Because the grass is always greener for the goldfish in our support.

He is learning, Pearson is young and intelligent... he learns fast, yes mistakes have been made but the way we have been playing recently I can see improvement... he has brought the club forward from it's worst position ever and financially we are in the best position for years... stick with him, we get relegated Im certain we will go straight up and pearson will be ready to take the club further

Sorry just for my own peace of mind you are winding everyone up. Yes?

I think Pearson can keep his job if he makes a fight out of staying up. It's all well and good saying he can learn, but where's the evidence? We're not getting any better. If anything we're getting worse. He still doesn't know his best team or formation. If he does learn like people say he does, then the next 11 games is the time to show it. If we're still crap by the end of the season then it would start to look pointless keeping him.

Getting promotion next season will be a big ask for any manager. Players like Konch, Wes and Was won't be the same players they were last season. The few younger players who have stepped up will leave. The ones who have made no progress will stay, but how shot will their confidence be? How motivated are they going to be to get promoted after having been embarrassed in the premier league once already?

If Pearson goes through this whole season without showing any signs of his apparent ability to learn and we get relegated, then there is some logic in refreshing the squad and the management team.

That said I don't believe these rumours. The owners aren't short of a few bob, I'm sure if they had lost faith in Pearson, they would have sacked him already regardless of cost and given the club a shot at survival through new manager bounce.

He is learning, Pearson is young and intelligent... he learns fast, yes mistakes have been made but the way we have been playing recently I can see improvement... he has brought the club forward from it's worst position ever and financially we are in the best position for years... stick with him, we get relegated Im certain we will go straight up and pearson will be ready to take the club further

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

Thanks for letting me know. I had to check. Disagree more than I ever have with anyone and include my wife in that. But at least I know now. No abuse. Just needed to know.

No doubt you would, guess you enjoyed the manager merry go round and financial losses of the last 10 years before Pearson

I didn't realise that Warburton was a City Apprentice in the late 70's (under Frank McLintock), before dropping down to non-league and Enfield.

Apparently, he left City when Jock Wallace took over.  Wikipedia says he couldn't stand Jock's training methods - running up the sandhills etc !!

No doubt you would, guess you enjoyed the manager merry go round and financial losses of the last 10 years before Pearson

No not biting. Have not got time or inclination to teach you what you need to understand. Respect your view but we are unfortunately polar opposites. So we are not suitable for dating. We just need to end the relationship here.

The thing is though, why does it have to be that he only "learns" from this season when the Premiership door is bolted and we are kicked back into the championship?  Some people make it sound like the season ends and that Pearson will all at once have a Eureka moment and everything he did wrong he will realise in an instant.  Some people make good managers up to a certain level and then fall flat on their face, and Pearson is one of them.

Having said that, when we go down, I'd like Pearson to take us up, as we would no doubt challenge for promotion again in the Championship because he does have the know how....for that level.

and if he get's us back up he should be given the summer to buy people again and be given another shot of the prem? Maybe he'll learn from this season that he needs to add more in the summer window. Or are you saying because he doesn't know the prem, if he got us promoted again we should sack him? 

Apparently, he left City when Jock Wallace took over. Wikipedia says he couldn't stand Jock's training methods - running up the sandhills etc !!

Jesus. If it does happen, get Youngy back to do the interviews. If you think Stringer and Pearson is tense...

No not biting. Have not got time or inclination to teach you what you need to understand. Respect your view but we are unfortunately polar opposites. So we are not suitable for dating. We just need to end the relationship here.

Teach me, we had O'Neill who did an outstanding job of getting us regular top half finishes and two league cups ... but since we have fallen, and the only manager who has given us a sniff of those days again is Pearson... yes mistakes have been made... mostly between September and December in which we completely stopped scoring, they were rectified by pearson, and he is learning... his experience will only make him more a complete manager.

Didnt you see Pearson last night, hes a broken man, do you really think he has it in him for the pressure next season to get us back up?

Probably more to with the refereeing decisions that have gone against us in far too many games. The fact that the players work very hard showing commitment indicates that this is not the case otherwise would show in training, with a negative impact on morale of players.

Having said that Warburton would be a good choice of English manager; to get a Brentford so high in the Championship is a great achievement.

and if he get's us back up he should be given the summer to buy people again and be given another shot of the prem? Maybe he'll learn from this season that he needs to add more in the summer window. Or are you saying because he doesn't know the prem, if he got us promoted again we should sack him? 

No but if he does get us up again there is no way he should be given another season if the next time is as bad as this.  For me if he gets us up then he gets a dozen games to prove hes adjusted or else hes out the door.

My point though really is that he hasn't "appeared" to have learned anything over the past 20 games.  If he didn't know our weak areas in January then he's not going to know them or acknowledge them in the summer either.  Stubbornness as a manager is all well and good if you "know" your good at what you do.  He is stubborn and doesn't know what he's doing, and thats been the biggest downfall of our season to date.

Archived