Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea post match 2-0

The manager can only show his players loyalty for so long.

When there is knowbody to battle you out of your place in the team

the slippers and pipe come out and the attitude well if we get relegated I'm off back

to the prem with  some other club..leaving us battling are way through hard Championship

games,needed sorting long time ago.

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

You and most every fan we've got felt something like this - but the days went by and the club did next-to-nothing of any consequence. It wasn't as if any of our problems were suddenly sprung on us.

We knew we had weaknesses, we knew we'd need reinforcements in the absence of AFCON players and we knew certain players wanted to leave but we didn't attend to any of it, apart from the signing of Ndidi which was never going to be nearly enough.

I really would like to know what went on and why because the outcome was appalling.        

I've said for weeks...who is running the club? Is Susan Whelan still kicking about? What is the situation about Ranieri apparently not being much involved in signings and what exactly is Rudkin doing?

Our club has become the epitome of how NOT to run a football club. The amazing thing is the contrast from being a shining example of how to run a club brilliantly, to what we have now.

Vardy is on 100k for FOUR FOOKIN YEARS!

I'm embarrassed to be a City fan at present. Yet we sit and wait, sit and wait, week after week after week, watching it all go to shite and seemingly accepting of relegation.

It's amazing...we still have 13 matches left YET many of us are stating its all over already! What are the owners doing about this situation? It needs action.

One fact that a lot of people seem to be glancing over is that this happens at pretty much every club Ranieri manages.

It's very easy to read people in football, and to me is blatantly obvious that not one member of the team or the coaching staff is behind this man. He's on his own and is being saved by the achievements of the team last season.

You can bitch and moan about the players all you like, but fact of the matter is most of those lads have been at this club for a good few years now, if they're turning against Claudio it will be for a good reason. 

He needs to go, now. Other wise we are staring possibly one of the most darkest periods in our clubs history in the face. If we go down, we will be in serious, serious shit.

Well well that wasn't the Sunday afternoon I was hoping for. I was so annoyed on Wednesday when we rested so many of the usual starters not because I didn't want to see others tried but because a win and a goal or two could have worked wonders for confidence. Instead we instilled some confidence and goodwill in players we subsequently left out which rattled the fans further. After that performance he has to now make changes that he should have done at least for this game. 

I don't like criticising the manager but think his time is done. Time to find an alternative and have in place prior to the Liverpool game which is two weeks away. A shame that Claudio wouldn't then lead us out in Seville but this car crash of a season has to have its casualties and whilst not entirely to blame he is the main man and has to fall on his sword first. 

As to what those changes need to be I honestly don't know. I've toyed with formation changes, personnel changes and simply a mindset change to go for it from the off. Our defence is so poor but we aren't scoring goals, one problem you can potentially resolve quickly but both are nigh on impossible in the short time we have left this season. 

Life in the championship looks highly likely which is not something many of us expected to be saying 9 months after that May afternoon against Everton. 

Life as a leicester fan fan is depressing right now. 

37 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

One fact that a lot of people seem to be glancing over is that this happens at pretty much every club Ranieri manages.

It's very easy to read people in football, and to me is blatantly obvious that not one member of the team or the coaching staff is behind this man. He's on his own and is being saved by the achievements of the team last season.

You can bitch and moan about the players all you like, but fact of the matter is most of those lads have been at this club for a good few years now, if they're turning against Claudio it will be for a good reason. 

He needs to go, now. Other wise we are staring possibly one of the most darkest periods in our clubs history in the face. If we go down, we will be in serious, serious shit.

Now this I agree on fully.

39 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

This is it exactly. Most of these players have been very dedicated professionals since being here. If these players have turned against the manager then I think there's good reasoning behind it. Ranieri has had falling outs with better players than what we've got. 

3 hours ago, Callabinho said:

Entirely sympathise with your viewpoint but if the owners won't do anything about the manager there's no way of sacking all the players nor any chance they'd all deserve it. Something serious has to be wrong to cause so many players to underperform. I've got a few insights which suggests the journos ought to know but they're (presumably) so concerned about their own welcomes they seem to say nothing. It's nothing new of course. Some were so tame they never stepped out of their cages except to be petty.         

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

The chairman was shaking his head at what was happening on the pitch despite the fact that the man sitting to his left is also responsible for it. Reluctantly Claudio needs to go, Rudkin should already be gone.

Have you ever seen two people look so cosy?

I'd really love half an hour with our owner to try to open his eyes. As I've said elsewhere he doesn't deserve this kind of thanks.  

5 hours ago, foxes67 said:

The manager can only show his players loyalty for so long.

When there is knowbody to battle you out of your place in the team

the slippers and pipe come out and the attitude well if we get relegated I'm off back

to the prem with  some other club..leaving us battling are way through hard Championship

games,needed sorting long time ago.

I'd love to be wrong on this - at least for the rest of the season - but I don't think Ranieri will get the players back now. 

21 hours ago, lcfcdamo said:

100% argee the only 1 maybe Mahrez even though he hasn't bin great still has the quality 

No point having quality and not using it. 

Creating one chance every 5 games is no use whatsoever.

In the modern game there is no room for 'luxury' players who are not prepared to work hard, as we can see from the results of this season. 

Mahrez needs to be binned make no mistake.

I cant expect anybody to follow this suggestion..but..!!

The next cup games follow and support the team...

The next league game,...if Claudio keeps the same back four,1 hr before the game,

I would look at the selection and if there is no major changes to the back four,

I wouldnt bother to go, or not go to my seat, and just hang around the drink +food places,

under the terraces and have a party.

Simpson, is the only player, whos been half decent, he covered the CBs arses against Swansea,

not for the 1st time.IMO he at least puts in a shift, when covering the defensive areas on the backline.

Now we are, in this mess...Fuchs/Huth/Morgan have to be benched.

Chilli, the Fuchs replacement, then 2 of the following Benny/Amartey/Waz/Waqui/candlestick maker..we need to

see that they are  given the next 4-5 league games.

I'll also be tempted to bench Drinkwater. Then lets see..Mendy, Ndidi then either Okazaki or King, taking the next

midfield place or play both with Okazaki playing a midfield roll.

These next 2 weeks Claudio should, be trying to build an escape team of 14 bbone players.

Using Kapu, and Ulloa, also on a regular basis.

I have no argument, but I would stick with Slimani and Mahrez.

Vardy as a sub, and starter in cup games..

Gray 1st name on the sheet..

This is a great piece of tactical analysis from the game from a Swansea perspective...But it also highlights how poor we have been in all areas of the pitch.
http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=480877

Nothing that people haven't already pointed out, but seeing it laid out so clearly in the article shows how dire the situation is.

I can't get my head around how tactically inept the team is - surely can't be all down to low confidence or the hangover from last season.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, cruyff99 said:

This is a great piece of tactical analysis from the game from a Swansea perspective...But it also highlights how poor we have been in all areas of the pitch.

Nothing that people haven't already pointed out, but seeing it laid out so clearly in the article shows how dire the situation is.

I can't get my head around how tactically inept the team is - surely can't be all down to low confidence or the hangover from last season.

That's a superb piece.

14 hours ago, cruyff99 said:

Probably better than our own staff's analysis, brilliant work considering it came from our opponents.

Archived