Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea post match 2-0

14 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

I've no problem with this it's actually funny,they took the plaudits they can now take the deserved ridicule.

Me neither. Posted it because it is funny. He will hear it a whoooole lot for the rest of the season 

Well Ranieri gave the players some needed rest-bite to mentally and physically prepare themselves,

for a 6 pointer and all bar 2 of them totally pissed in the managers and fans faces with that performance for the first 70 mins at least.

The defence all 4 of them are finished, all had a season to remember and now all seem to have lost any concentration, physicality and any pace they did have ( which was little) has now gone.

As we all know Why oh Why Ranieri or whoever makes these decisions in the summer, didn't sign any younger players fir the defence still baffles to this day.

The midfield, yes changes in personnel and styles wont have helped the players previous weeks, but out of Drinky and Ndidi one has to decide which is the holding CM and which is the attacking CM as both are sitting far too deep.

If they both want to play this role then 1 needs to either be replaced (Drinky) or a 3/5 MF needs to be adapted and having a attacking midfielder (which we don't have) and leave them 2 to sit.

Strikers, yes they are feeding on scraps to a certain extent, but when they do get in a scoring position, its like they freeze and a mental block seems to be effecting them, especially Vardy who looks lost of composure and confidence of any sort.

We have a long few months remaining and hopefully the team suddenly starts to click again.

Yes some of our players have little Premiership experience and are under 24, but if we can get through this season and survive by the skin of our teeth,

players like Grey,Chilwell,Amartey,Ndidi,Mendy and Musa may grow into a few fantastic players next season.

Its hard when we are seeing some of the performances of late, nobody likes it, hopefully the players start to realise the situation were in sooner rather than later, and give each other a kick up the ass and get their acts together as a team, and get us out of the rut they are in.

I am just utterly ****ing horrified at what a complete and utter mess we are.

It's reached the point for me where I'm actually looking at where I see these players ending up in the summer when we go down. It's not even a "will we stay up" for me. We are going down without a doubt and have pretty much accepted our fate as demonstrated by the repitition of our mistakes. Our refusal to change such blatantly failing methods on every single level.

The majority of them for me need to go either way as no matter what was achieved, I don't think people will forget this in a hurry. There's noticeable discontent amongst the fans and I feel players like Vardy won't ever have the same connection as there once may have been, especially if this does get Ranieri the sack.

We need to rip that squad up and start building again in the summer. The big concern for me is that I don't see who is going to want to pay some ridiculous wages like we have. Is anyone going to pay what we're paying Simpson? Or what we're paying Vardy? Or Morgan?

It's also not fair to hold back talents who have something to prove like Ndidi, Gray and Chilwell. Get away from this shitheap and unlock your potential.

I'm absolutely livid. I'm so utterly horrified by the manner of our performances that I'd actually feel a bit guilty if we stayed up. We're that ****ing useless.

I almost feel like I'm watching England at the minute. There's a horrible resemblance to them. I find it so hard to identify with that I don't even feel that same passion anymore. I watched on today not even that arsed if we scored or not. That's how bad it's got.

The question I ask to those who want to keep Ranieri.... at what point do you actually get rid?

We're comfortably the worst side in the league (from the best position we've ever been in may I add). So that's not enough.

What about if we're struggling in the Championship?

What if we go down again?

His first season in charge was the best I'll ever witness but it's clear as day he's shot in this job now and he isn't bigger than the club.

Not that Ranieri is the only problem - one argument in favour of keeping Ranieri is the fact we won't have the right model in place to find the right replacement either. Don't forget how we stumbled across him.

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The question I ask to those who want to keep Ranieri.... at what point do you actually get rid?

We're comfortably the worst side in the league (from the best position we've ever been in may I add). So that's not enough.

His first season in charge was the best I'll ever witness but it's clear as day he's shot in this job now and he isn't bigger than the club.

Not that Ranieri is the only problem - one argument in favour of keeping Ranieri is the fact we won't have the right model in place to find the right replacement either. Don't forget how we stumbled across him.

If you can't play for the manager of the supporters who helped get you a miracle title, then a change in manager won't do nowt IMO. Ranieri needs to end his loyalty to the pile of crap mentioned on this thread

33 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I did want to keep him, right up until today. Today was his chance to change things after the Derby game and a win - nobody could argue with being dropped for a player that took his chance in the cup. For not changing it around today and for playing Huth, Morgan and Fuchs, I'm afraid that's the last straw. It's not going to change unless we say goodbye to the lovable Italian that I'll always have a soft spot for.

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

I did want to keep him, right up until today. Today was his chance to change things after the Derby game and a win - nobody could argue with being dropped for a player that took his chance in the cup. For not changing it around today and for playing Huth, Morgan and Fuchs, I'm afraid that's the last straw. It's not going to change unless we say goodbye to the lovable Italian that I'll always have a soft spot for.

Read this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/12/claudi-ranieri-leicester-city-too-many-chances

2 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

It's pretty much too late for me ..... his perfect opportunity to change the personnel was today - following a win against Derby, "can you boys do it in the PL"?. If he now changes the personnel against Millwall and wins does it really mean those same players are the ones to pick against Seville??? For me Chilwell (LB), Amartey (RB), Benny (CB) should have been the minimum changes (plus Gray obviously). 

Let's hope he does show a ruthless streak, because he's on borrowed time now.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I am just utterly ****ing horrified at what a complete and utter mess we are.

It's reached the point for me where I'm actually looking at where I see these players ending up in the summer when we go down. It's not even a "will we stay up" for me. We are going down without a doubt and have pretty much accepted our fate as demonstrated by the repitition of our mistakes. Our refusal to change such blatantly failing methods on every single level.

The majority of them for me need to go either way as no matter what was achieved, I don't think people will forget this in a hurry. There's noticeable discontent amongst the fans and I feel players like Vardy won't ever have the same connection as there once may have been, especially if this does get Ranieri the sack.

We need to rip that squad up and start building again in the summer. The big concern for me is that I don't see who is going to want to pay some ridiculous wages like we have. Is anyone going to pay what we're paying Simpson? Or what we're paying Vardy? Or Morgan?

It's also not fair to hold back talents who have something to prove like Ndidi, Gray and Chilwell. Get away from this shitheap and unlock your potential.

I'm absolutely livid. I'm so utterly horrified by the manner of our performances that I'd actually feel a bit guilty if we stayed up. We're that ****ing useless.

I almost feel like I'm watching England at the minute. There's a horrible resemblance to them. I find it so hard to identify with that I don't even feel that same passion anymore. I watched on today not even that arsed if we scored or not. That's how bad it's got.

Brilliant post and sums up exactly how I feel and see our situation. Add to that a 400 mile round trip today.

54 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

No automatic alt text available.

Looking good...!!!  Pizzas all round.

Worse than Coventry!

The one point we actually achieved against Boro we didn't deserve.

47 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Great point, how can we trust the structure at the football club to secure the right sort of manager to take us forward. It took us 11 hours to sign Wague on deadline day for goodness sake. How on earth did a club like Hull that was run like a loony bin last summer manage to get Silva in?

Just has that 'outgoing' manager feel to the situation at the moment, Sousa, Sven, even Pearson. You know something wasn't right and he was on his way soon enough, unfortunately that's how it feels with Claudio. Absolutely devestated to say it but he has to gone. He's been royally ****ed by the absolute disgrace of our playing squad. We either sack all the players or the manager and unfortunately for Claudio we can't sack 23 players. We look the worst side in the league by miles, can't see us scoring letting alone drawing or winning. It's time for change, and soon. Next few home games are absolutely vital. Only positive I can find is that we aren't in the bottom 3 yet- will be next week. 

Just now, 5waller5 said:

It's pretty much too late for me ..... his perfect opportunity to change the personnel was today - following a win against Derby, "can you boys do it in the PL"?. If he now changes the personnel against Millwall and wins does it really mean those same players are the ones to pick against Seville??? For me Chilwell (LB), Amartey (RB), Benny (CB) should have been the minimum changes (plus Gray obviously). 

Let's hope he does show a ruthless streak, because he's on borrowed time now.

Let us be honest. If he had played Benny, Amartey and Chilwell today

instead of Morgan, Huth and Fuchs and we had lost nevertheless, the

other half of this forum would have called him a stupid, old fool for 

fielding tired players. Right now he can't win, no matter, what he does.

I mean, how much credit did he get for the win on wednesday?

None at all. That win is  now even used as an argument to criticize

his team selection today.

Regarding the Millwall game: Again a difficult decision. Should he

use it to test a new backline, or should he rest his new backline

( I am sure, we will see a new one) and unveil them at Sevilla?

Or should he save them for the Liverpool match, four days

later?

I really wouldn't like to be in his shoes in this moment.

Absolute shambles. Earlier post from @Dan LCFC sums the situation up. I feel a genuine anger toward the players that it's completely gone past me being bothered if we get back into the game.

im of the opinion ranieri should go (upstairs) but if he gets the sack because of the players lack of effort I'll never forgive them. For me you can split the squad up into three categories: 

A - those players who give a shit and continuously try and can actually play football:

ndidi

gray

slimani 

chilwell

schmeichel

b- those players who sort of give a shit but can't really play football anyway 

simpson

morgan

huth

fuchs

albrighton

c - those who have reached the peak of their career and just aren't bothered anymore/don't want to play for this club

vardy 

drinkwater 

Mahrez

1 minute ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Let us be honest. If he had played Benny, Amartey and Chilwell today

instead of Morgan, Huth and Fuchs and we had lost nevertheless, the

other half of this forum would have called him a stupid, old fool for 

fielding tired players. Right now he can't win, no matter, what he does.

I mean, how much credit did he get for the win on wednesday?

None at all. That win is  now even used as an argument to criticize

his team selection today.

Regarding the Millwall game: Again a difficult decision. Should he

use it to test a new backline, or should he rest his new backline

( I am sure, we will see a new one) and unveil them at Sevilla?

Or should he save them for the Liverpool match, four days

later?

I really wouldn't like to be in his shoes in this moment.

I agree, he's boxed himself into a corner by leaving the changes too late. It all looks like a desperate throw of the dice instead of a gradual change of personnel when players have a few bad games. That's why today was so important to make at least one change at the back - Chillwell for Fuchs ..... no risk to that change at all for me. I'd have liked to have seen Benny for Huth as well - again a low risk change given the hard time Huth is getting currently (and he was at fault for a goal again today). He's not helping himself.

Archived