Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea post match 2-0

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I am just utterly ****ing horrified at what a complete and utter mess we are.

It's reached the point for me where I'm actually looking at where I see these players ending up in the summer when we go down. It's not even a "will we stay up" for me. We are going down without a doubt and have pretty much accepted our fate as demonstrated by the repitition of our mistakes. Our refusal to change such blatantly failing methods on every single level.

The majority of them for me need to go either way as no matter what was achieved, I don't think people will forget this in a hurry. There's noticeable discontent amongst the fans and I feel players like Vardy won't ever have the same connection as there once may have been, especially if this does get Ranieri the sack.

We need to rip that squad up and start building again in the summer. The big concern for me is that I don't see who is going to want to pay some ridiculous wages like we have. Is anyone going to pay what we're paying Simpson? Or what we're paying Vardy? Or Morgan?

It's also not fair to hold back talents who have something to prove like Ndidi, Gray and Chilwell. Get away from this shitheap and unlock your potential.

I'm absolutely livid. I'm so utterly horrified by the manner of our performances that I'd actually feel a bit guilty if we stayed up. We're that ****ing useless.

I almost feel like I'm watching England at the minute. There's a horrible resemblance to them. I find it so hard to identify with that I don't even feel that same passion anymore. I watched on today not even that arsed if we scored or not. That's how bad it's got.

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more. I've seen this coming for months now. I've become more and more jaded to the point where it's actually kind of funny. It's a defence mechanism, because in the moments when I actually think about it and I let it affect me, I become so fvcking fed up. It's not worth it.

This should have been a very enjoyable season, watching the club begin to cement its place at the top table. To continue growing in stature and becoming a PL mainstay. Instead, the team has consistently served up some of the most dismal displays I can remember while the footballing world laughs in our faces.

Agree about the England thing. I find it difficult to feel any sort of affinity to the kind of bellends who always get picked like Rooney, so whenever they fail, I get to enjoy the benefits of not really giving a fvck about them. 

I naively thought the team from last season would be legendary forever. Only months have passed, and I kind of hate them all and want them all to fvck off out the club. Unbelievable.

I want to say a big fvck you to everyone responsible for this. Fvck you for wasting such a golden opportunity - the likes of which no club of any sport has probably ever had or ever will. Enjoy your ludicrous wages while you wander round the pitch half-arsed. Try not to think of the thousands of gutted fans who paid their hard-earned money for them you cvnts.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Great point, how can we trust the structure at the football club to secure the right sort of manager to take us forward. It took us 11 hours to sign Wague on deadline day for goodness sake. How on earth did a club like Hull that was run like a loony bin last summer manage to get Silva in?

That's why I'm so concerned. I always felt they stumbled across Ranieri rather than identified him as the ideal candidate with foresight. We'll never fully know but that would be my guess.

I think the real miracle of our title win was the fact we did it with such blatantly flimsy foundations. Almost as if things were always going to go wrong eventually simply because we didn't have any kind of system in place that would yield any long-term success. Well, we had it, but he's gone to Everton now and the longer we go without that direction, the bigger shambles we look.

I know it's easy to be doom and gloom during this current run but I really do think we could end up back in the Championship for a long time. I think the flaws in our set up were always there but the likes of Walsh patched them up. It's all coming tumbling down now. That was horribly evident in January. I'd go as far as saying January was the worst transfer window I can remember from any club. It was genuinely staggering how bad it was. I would back myself to have done better, and a lot on here.

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more. I've seen this coming for months now. I've become more and more jaded to the point where it's actually kind of funny. It's a defence mechanism, because in the moments when I actually think about it and I let it affect me, I become so fvcking fed up. It's not worth it.

This should have been a very enjoyable season, watching the club begin to cement its place at the top table. To continue growing in stature and becoming a PL mainstay. Instead, the team has consistently served up some of the most dismal displays I can remember while the footballing world laughs in our faces.

Agree about the England thing. I find it difficult to feel any sort of affinity to the kind of bellends who always get picked like Rooney, so whenever they fail, I get to enjoy the benefits of not really giving a fvck about them. 

I naively thought the team from last season would be legendary forever. Only months have passed, and I kind of hate them all and want them all to fvck off out the club. Unbelievable.

I want to say a big fvck you to everyone responsible for this. Fvck you for wasting such a golden opportunity - the likes of which no club of any sport has probably ever had or ever will. Enjoy your ludicrous wages while you wander round the pitch half-arsed. Try not to think of the thousands of gutted fans who paid their hard-earned money for them you cvnts.

It really did hit home for me on the 31st January. We got closer and closer to that day without making anywhere near the signings we should've been and you could see deadline day turning into a disaster as well, and sure enough it did. It was that morning I had £20 on us to go down and the only regret I've had since it was not making it £50.

We signed someone who is actually a downgrade on Hernandez - a defender deemed a poorer option for us than a 36 year old Wasilewski. We had money to spend (as demonstrated by the Silva bid in August and Ramirez bid in January) and we failed to attract a defender of a higher calibre than Tunchev was when we signed him - and we were in League ****ing One!!!!

It had become that laughably shambolic that I just couldn't take it one bit seriously anymore. It really hit home for me when I'd booked half a day off work, spent about 4 and a half hours driving up to Burnley, got pissed on walking to the ground, witnessed the usual away day roll over and then saw us beaten with a late goal that shouldn't have counted - yet I didn't even feel a jot of anger.

I've completely lost heart for this side. I don't know if it's the comedown from last year or if it really is that bad, but there is just literally nothing I can get on board with about this side anymore. We have quite literally gone from the envy of everyone to a Newcastle/Villa type in no time at all. What a joke.

The main worry for me is the financial implications going down would have on the club. We would probably have to shift everybody.  

However I think we're too far gone know, especially is Claudio remains at the helm. To put it simply we are up a creek. The performances are shocking week in week out...absolutely no signs of any improvement. I do wish we would stop singing "champions of England" it's ****ing embarrassing, we're a pile steaming horse shit and are fast becoming the biggest laughing stock around. 

I made the pretty miserable 6-hour roundtrip to Swansea yesterday and have slept on it.  Although I was very pissed off yesterday, I do not think the problem was that the players did not care.  That's a very easy accusation to make.  My impression was that the vast majority if not all of them really did care, but they just had very little idea how to turn a game around (or score).  My sense is that the confidence is crushingly low for many in CR's preferred starting XI.

It was a massive mistake- and a revealing one- that CR made no changes to the back four that has been so obviously underperforming all season. I would not have expected to see both CDs dropped, but we should definitely have started with Amartey and Chilwell in the defensive line.

I had less of a problem with the midfield, but Drinky performed so poorly that he is going to struggle to keep Mendy out of the side.

Up front, I just don't know what Vardy has to do to get himself dropped to the bench.  If Slim was fit enough to be on the bench, he was surely fit enough to start.  To be honest, I saw more guile from Kaputska against Derby than I see from Vardy at the moment.

We have a chance to escape this, as it looks like a very low points total will guarantee a spot above the relegation three, but I can't put it any more than 50/50.

To be fair the signs of how bad this season was going to be were there even in pre season matches.   Those performances were dire and that has simply carried on into the season itself.  The inability to sign players who could have changed this season is indefensible and now things are too late.  

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Claudio just keeps rattling off his mistakes every week and yet the players still get blamed. Incredible.

Ranieri is making tactical mistakes but I highly doubt his tactics include for drinkwater to hide away all game and for the defence to treat Vardy as some sort of crossbar challenge. Regardless of the mistakes in team selection, keeping loyalty with players who need to be dropped, these are supposed to be champions, and we were told all last season they had fight and unbelievable minerals in the face of adversity. Now they look like tame house cats - feigning a bit of fight for attention, then rolling over and taking all the belly rubs they can get. This lazy attitude is the biggest problem (these players should be good enough for at least 10-12th) and it's on the majority of them

Regarding DD, we all know how much of a confidence player he is. We have seen it over the seasons. Presumably the coaching staff have pointed it out to claudio but perhaps he doesn't believe them. 

He he needs to be rested whilst the team try and get their sh1t back together. bring him back into a winning side (might be in the championship) but persisting with him in the league will not generate the outcome you want. You could play him at millwall in the hope that we get a win (and he is part of it) and mendy in Seville. 

So many good points in posts here and many excellent posts in full, but my reputation was used up yesterday so can't give more. 

Something is drastically wrong right throughout the club as Schmeichel alluded to. The owners whom many have rightly praised highly in recent seasons seem to have dealt with the PL win badly.  Sport cars going to all, seemingly disproportionate wage deals for some, long term contracts for ageing players with no eye to the future. The death of the Thai king really did seem to impact too as they appeared non-existent when many of us could see the writing on the wall back in the autumn and some action was needed.

The recruitment policy seems highly flawed. Ndidi aside, we have cocked up. Hernandez and Kapustka are the two that come to mind. The first laid off without any real chance to stake a claim, the second left to fester in the under 23s when our midfield has been shockingly bad. 

Getting rid of the Club psychologist? Many footballers are like babies in that they require care and attention. Fragile egos yes perhaps but not many employees can potentially have a professional breakdown in front of millions every week. So they should have support. Last season the conditioning mental and physical was superb, so much so others thought we had created a model system. What happened there?

The players themselves overperformed last year yes and he shall remain nameless was a massive factor in protecting the defence and creating time and space for others. But with some judicious signings we could have been ok for mid table. Joe Allen for example and a top defender like Keane. However, the ones who are with us seem incapable of reaching 10% of their level last year and some attitudes are clearly rotten. My younger son, a Cardiff fan, told me last season that Drinkwater was one of the worst players he had ever seen in a Bluebirds shirt when he went on loan there and couldn't believe last year.  So what happened last season and now. Players needed to be rested or dropped. No leaders on the pitch either. 

Finally Claudio. Yes most of us rightly love him for what we achieved last year but also because he was the face that was Leicester's and the whole fairy tale and he came across like the grandad or uncle everyone loved. Even those who hated the likes of Vardy or the Thailand shenanigans were won over. This year, his tactical awareness and man management seems bizarre. What a difference. It was clear to many of us that he was failing to address issues in October. When we beat Everton in the cup I was hopeful he had realised the issues. But then he fvcked about with formations and players and lost all momentum. And then persisted with players who had failed for months.

He has to change now or go. There is still time to save it. But drastic measures needed and possibly (probably?) too late. 

Rant over.

This season has been one long failure.  I've watched City for many years now and have seen us relegated several times but I can't recall us going down with such a good squad.  Yes I know the performances are grim at the moment but we have a squad of players who proved last season that they have the potential to be so much better.  This season, initially many of them looked like they couldn't be bothered and now the confidence has gone they look like rabbits in the headlights to every opponent.

Ranieri has stuck with what he knows all season - the players that achieved so much last year and the formation they like to play in.  And it hasn't worked.  He inherited a squad with good team spirit and kept it last year, but by doing so through thick and thin has created a situation where players don't have to achieve to retain their spots and complacency has crept in.  His personal standing has gone from astronomical to damaged and crumbling in a few months.  He has few options left now, one of which is to ditch his loyalty to last years heroes and pick a team based solely on ability, potential and confidence.  This is likely to be what a new manager would do.  This may damage his relationship with many players but if he doesn't start producing teams that can actually win matches soon he'll be gone.  If we don't see significantly different teams to the one put out against Swansea in the next couple of matches I'd be surprised.

When a team become prem champions you need to buy even better players or a like for like

squad player so the team cant rest on what they have done in the past.

Big money contracts,Hello magazine deals other clubs in for players all major distractions

heads and hearts just not on the pitch anymore.

It needs fixing quick but cant happen as transfer windows closed.

Seen a lot over past 40 years supporting this club so I will keep the faith.

The scariest thing is knowing we are sticking with 442 no matter what.

At 2-0 down we are crying out for an extra man in the middle. Every time we got the ball there was no one in space and it went backwards to Kasper. If there was an extra man in the middle there is the chance to play triangular passes in the middle and open them up, create your own space.

His plan was to bring on pacey full backs to overlap and have more joy out wide, but if you are bringing Slimani on why take off our two best crossers of the ball, Fuchs and Albrighton, at the same time?

Laughable that the ones "rallying the troops" in these interviews with Football Focus or Sky are the ones costing us. 

Huth, Schmeichel and Albrighton all talking the talk and then massively ****ing things up without Swansea needing to play well.

It's every ****ing week. You don't need to play well to beat us or even hammer us.

Anybody that thinks Ranieri should stay is only doing it out of sentimentality. There's absolutely no way he'll turn this around. I think we've already left it too late anyway.

It has no go to the stage where I'd happily watch him walk out, and I wont change that opinion until he makes a significant change.

The thing is I think he does have what it takes to turn it around I just don't think he will. Still he's made noises about big changes for the Liverpool game, my only worry is we will probably lose regardless and he'll use that as a excuse to bring back some of the players from Sunday for Hull, then we will go and lose that.

pathetic performance and we look at the moment like relegation certainties, Claudio just can't seem to change things and isn't motivating the players at all. he puts so much faith into players that are not performing in the hope that they come good but is just isn't working. our defence is getting exposed time and time again while our forward play is just laboured and teams have quite clearly figured out that we can only play one way!. this team needs some sort of stimulas to get them going some spark but things need to change quickly or it will soon be too late.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It really did hit home for me on the 31st January. We got closer and closer to that day without making anywhere near the signings we should've been and you could see deadline day turning into a disaster as well, and sure enough it did. It was that morning I had £20 on us to go down and the only regret I've had since it was not making it £50.

We signed someone who is actually a downgrade on Hernandez - a defender deemed a poorer option for us than a 36 year old Wasilewski. We had money to spend (as demonstrated by the Silva bid in August and Ramirez bid in January) and we failed to attract a defender of a higher calibre than Tunchev was when we signed him - and we were in League ****ing One!!!!

You and most every fan we've got felt something like this - but the days went by and the club did next-to-nothing of any consequence. It wasn't as if any of our problems were suddenly sprung on us.

We knew we had weaknesses, we knew we'd need reinforcements in the absence of AFCON players and we knew certain players wanted to leave but we didn't attend to any of it, apart from the signing of Ndidi which was never going to be nearly enough.

I really would like to know what went on and why because the outcome was appalling.        

Archived