The Railway Man Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 Great, we're now going down like a proper 'family club' should. Let's turn the QPR game into a fund day while we're at it and put a bouncy castle on the pitch at half time.
davieG Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 Great, we're now going down like a proper 'family club' should. Let's turn the QPR game into a fund day while we're at it and put a bouncy castle on the pitch at half time. We maybe going down but I didn't think we were desperately short of money.
The Railway Man Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 We maybe going down but I didn't think we were desperately short of money. I meant for QPR.
ealingfox Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 People turning their noses up and taking themselves too seriously is far more embarrassing than a few smiling children playing with some folded-up paper. Been said already but if youre not keen, put yours under your seat and sing. Of course I imagine most of you are too cool to sing and bounce around and try to have a good time etc anyway, so just sit there arms folded in silence as per.
fleckneymike Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 People turning their noses up and taking themselves too seriously is far more embarrassing than a few smiling children playing with some folded-up paper. Been said already but if youre not keen, put yours under your seat and sing. Of course I imagine most of you are too cool to sing and bounce around and try to have a good time etc anyway, so just sit there arms folded in silence as per. Can anyone, hand on heart, say they'd be inspired and motivated by the sound of concertinaed card being flapped about?
Freeman's Wharfer Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 I don't like them, but, it does increase the atmosphere. Some atmosphere is better than no atmosphere. The games at the back end of the Watford play off season were excellent atmosphere wise and it really felt like everyone put aside opinions and just tried to roar the team on. The club are probably trying to recreate that for the final home games. Probably more to do with the magnitude of the game than the clapper things though.
Sol thewall Bamba Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 Strange how the majority of people are so apathetic about creating a 'fan driven' atmosphere, then are up in arms when the club tries to do something. If you want the club to stop playing goal music, playing Hey Jude, giving out clappers, then bloody well make an atmosphere that they don't have to augment with their rubbish.
Fox92 Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 Strange how the majority of people are so apathetic about creating a 'fan driven' atmosphere, then are up in arms when the club tries to do something. If you want the club to stop playing goal music, playing Hey Jude, giving out clappers, then bloody well make an atmosphere that they don't have to augment with their rubbish. I don't think one person singing in one block will be creating an atmosphere.
Sol thewall Bamba Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 I don't think one person singing in one block will be creating an atmosphere. Imagine if everyone had that mentality
ealingfox Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 Can anyone, hand on heart, say they'd be inspired and motivated by the sound of concertinaed card being flapped about? You've managed to miss the point and devalue your own stance in one fell swoop, well done. Nobody is forcing you to be inspired or motivated by them or even asking you to. Theyll just be there along with the other stuff thats normally there. Yes, theyre just concertinaed card being flapped about, really not a big deal, so moaning about it is stupid. Id take the card over the stony silence i had to sit through against Stoke, Palace and Hull anyway.
Fox92 Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 Imagine if everyone had that mentality I think everybody does hence our poor atmosphere!
Sol thewall Bamba Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 I think everybody does hence our poor atmosphere! Yeah you're right, I hate signing and so do all my mates. I believe this is fact, clappers will be there. Can't reveal my source, but it will be happening. Happy clapping everyone! #ITK
Bayfox Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 Well I just got home to a free scarf for attending every away game. Can't wait to wear it and use my clapper
Fox92 Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 Yeah you're right, I hate signing and so do all my mates. I didn't say that. I sing (sing more at away games) and some people around me do. My initial comment was because you said "those who don't like it sing" but it's more difficult than that. Within every block you'll get some that sing and some that don't so it's hard to "start an atmosphere" when you're in a small minority. Clappers won't improve our atmosphere, I don't think anything will. A club can be successful and still have a rubbish atmosphere, look at Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal. We're still better away from home and I personally enjoy away games better.
cc_star Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 Strange how the majority of people are so apathetic about creating a 'fan driven' atmosphere, then are up in arms when the club tries to do something. If you want the club to stop playing goal music, playing Hey Jude, giving out clappers, then bloody well make an atmosphere that they don't have to augment with their rubbish.
Kitchandro Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 Strange how the majority of people are so apathetic about creating a 'fan driven' atmosphere, then are up in arms when the club tries to do something. If you want the club to stop playing goal music, playing Hey Jude, giving out clappers, then bloody well make an atmosphere that they don't have to augment with their rubbish. How would they know what an atmosphere sounds like if those are the things they consider paramount to one? Since when is it their job to create an atmosphere? Our only requirement from the club in that aspect is not to actively discourage and prevent an atmosphere, which is what they have done in the past. The club seem only able to either stop us doing things, or go too far the other way and embarrass us. A lot of clubs have a shit atmosphere at home (especially when they're getting relegated without a whimper) but stuff like clappers really show us up. I'd rather just have our little corner in the Kop making loads of noise than the whole stadium using clappers. If they really wanted an atmosphere where's their intent to publicly back safe standing, or even just, heaven forbid, allow us to show our support for it (Union FS reported the other day that they'd been denied permission to display a 'legalise safe-standing' banner during the game.) That illustrates my point. They're only interested in their type of atmosphere that they're in control of.
Guest MattP Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 This has to come just before my mates from West Ham come up doesn't it? They were taking the piss out of me for the goal music a couple of years back and I told them Monday at least you won't hear that this year as we probably won't score, Now I see this. Kill me now.
ozleicester Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 How would they know what an atmosphere sounds like if those are the things they consider paramount to one? Since when is it their job to create an atmosphere? Our only requirement from the club in that aspect is not to actively discourage and prevent an atmosphere, which is what they have done in the past. The club seem only able to either stop us doing things, or go too far the other way and embarrass us. A lot of clubs have a shit atmosphere at home (especially when they're getting relegated without a whimper) but stuff like clappers really show us up. I'd rather just have our little corner in the Kop making loads of noise than the whole stadium using clappers. If they really wanted an atmosphere where's their intent to publicly back safe standing, or even just, heaven forbid, allow us to show our support for it (Union FS reported the other day that they'd been denied permission to display a 'legalise safe-standing' banner during the game.) That illustrates my point. They're only interested in their type of atmosphere that they're in control of. wow. I think what you guys are trying to achieve is great, but, this comment just smacks of elitism.
steveherbe Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 This has to come just before my mates from West Ham come up doesn't it? They were taking the piss out of me for the goal music a couple of years back and I told them Monday at least you won't hear that this year as we probably won't score, Now I see this. Kill me now. Ok, you 're dead. Can I have your ticket?
Dan Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 wow. I think what you guys are trying to achieve is great, but, this comment just smacks of elitism. Can see why it was perceived that way but I'm not sure it was. It's artificial and will stick us in a bracket with clubs like Reading & Fulham. Do people not care that we're going to be categorised amongst crap like that? Is that really what we as a fanbase should aspire to? It will increase the atmosphere for that game but the majority of his post is spot on. The bit I disagree with was the club being unhelpful, whilst they have in the past they've been a lot better this season in my opinion.
ian_marshall Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 This has to come just before my mates from West Ham come up doesn't it? They were taking the piss out of me for the goal music a couple of years back and I told them Monday at least you won't hear that this year as we probably won't score, Now I see this. Kill me now. Seriously don't think you have anything to worry about regarding your friends. Their home atmosphere was one of the worst I've ever experienced.
purpleronnie Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 Seriously don't think you have anything to worry about regarding your friends. Their home atmosphere was one of the worst I've ever experienced. Yeah but they didn't have clappers.
truebluethroughandthrough Posted 2 April 2015 Posted 2 April 2015 This has to come just before my mates from West Ham come up doesn't it? They were taking the piss out of me for the goal music a couple of years back and I told them Monday at least you won't hear that this year as we probably won't score, Now I see this. Kill me now. Goal music is cheesey, yes Buying a machine that's only purpose is to blow bubbles, is far far better eh. I say buy, I mean fell off the back of a wagon, on its journey to the facking Peckham paedo picnic party...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.