Jimbo Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 Is it OK to be this nervous/excited about a football match!? I'm 34 years old now, the first thing I did this morning when I woke up was think about the game. I've seen some big matches in my time now, the play off final, the league cup finals and a few relegation battles now! What I annoy myself the most with is during our 10 year (TEN FOOKING YEARS!!) absence from the premier league I used to look at teams and fans celebrating because they weren't relegated and think to myself "why? you shouldn't be celebrating like you've just won the champions league final, but I get it now. Obviously I could be looking through blue tinted specs, but I can see genuine improvement in our side. We've played well in most games this season, we've been very unlucky in a few, and if we stay up I'd like to think we can push on, improve and become a good premier league side for years to come. Ours may not be the most dramatic of escapes, there may not be any last day drama, but it would be the greatest escape of all time. No team in premier league history has completed what we can get done today. This game is the one, I, along with a few others I would think, had marked Burnley away and this one as the biggest of out remaining fixtures a few weeks ago. We've picked up results in the last few weeks that would have surprised some people. We need this one, we need to get the job done
EnglishOxide Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 What I annoy myself the most with is during our 10 year (TEN FOOKING YEARS!!) absence from the premier league I used to look at teams and fans celebrating because they weren't relegated and think to myself "why? you shouldn't be celebrating like you've just won the champions league final, but I get it now. Obviously I could be looking through blue tinted specs, but I can see genuine improvement in our side. We've played well in most games this season, we've been very unlucky in a few, and if we stay up I'd like to think we can push on, improve and become a good premier league side for years to come. This is the thing, I think we have more to be excited about than other teams in the battle. We have played well in a lot of games this season and picked up some big results. The Man Utd game alone makes our season worthwhile. A youngish team with loyal players, loyal management, loyal owners and for the most part loyal fans. I see no mercenaries, or washed up Prem players here for a pay packet. Just players who will do their utmost to win. Compare that to teams who usually survive relegation and they often do it whilst being dire and losing by 3 or 4 goals every so often. Incredibly, despite being bottom for so long I think this season has been a positive one for us.
Jam Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 I'm feeling sick as a dog due to the mix of anticipation and nervousness. I'm 25. I think it's normal bro.
foxfanazer Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 I agree. I've thoroughly enjoyed this season despite the tough run we went on. Every player has tried their hardest and we do have some genuine quality in the side. If we were to stay up we can add more quality and look to establish ourselves in the Prem for a long time
desertfox2 Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 You're not alone. This is up there with my favourite sides we have had, we have a great group and they give their all. Getting relegated would be a massive setback as with this core squad, management,owners,fans, a couple of additions if we stay up, we are on the way to becoming a top side. If the squad was to start breaking up because we went down it would be a huge waste of what is a great platform to build on that's been a work in progress for a few years now. Massive game.
steveherbe Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 63 me, and as nervous as a kid on his first day at school. Cmon City, just one more PLEASE
theessexfox Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 I felt bad last weekend after the Sunderland result, we'll be just fine now.
st albans fox Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 To all of you lucky enough to be there this afternoon - IF we get it done, make sure you celebrate like you never celebrated before. It would be a historic achievement. If it all goes wrong, make sure the boys know you are behind them going into what would become a very tough week, mentally.
Steven Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 To all of you lucky enough to be there this afternoon - IF we get it done, make sure you celebrate like you never celebrated before. It would be a historic achievement. If it all goes wrong, make sure the boys know you are behind them going into what would become a very tough week, mentally. This. I don't normally drink but today I might make an exception .......
Jam Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 I didn't sleep a wink, bad feeling about today Oh god! Please don't say that!
Raj Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 I didn't sleep a wink, bad feeling about todayNormal optimistic self then!!!
Kitchandro Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 I'll be nervous just before kick-off but if we start will that will disappear pretty quickly I think. My biggest fear is us being on the back foot. If we're on the front foot I'm very confident we'll win.
ian_marshall Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 Try not to worry too much. I know that the game's being built up but it really isn't as a big as some are making out. Even if we get beaten by a solitary goal, so long as Hull get beaten by a single goal too we're virtually there anyway as not even a three goal swing would be enough for them as we've scored more and have a better head to head record. That would mean either them handing United a thrashing, QPR doing the same to us at home, or QPR beating us two nil, with Hull beating Utd two nil. Remember also that Utd are still in with a shout of third and will want to try and avoid the extra game's that come with fourth place, so still have plenty to play for.
Finnaldo Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 If the team turns up as they have there should be nothing to fear, with our run I'm hoping we can finish on 43 points, come on Lesta!!
Stevosevic Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 Normal optimistic self then!!!This club has drained me of any optimism It will probably take a few years to build some confidence for me
Jam Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 I'll be nervous just before kick-off but if we start will that will disappear pretty quickly I think. My biggest fear is us being on the back foot. If we're on the front foot I'm very confident we'll win. Would love an early goal again. Chances of that again?
Legend_in_blue Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlsSb0-mV0Q You'll remember this then. No need to panic, we'll be fine.
Raw Dykes Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 The best thing about today is that we could be safe by 5pm, and there's no chance we can be relegated yet.
Fox92 Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 Nervous but excited. Felt like it for the past five weeks.
Raj Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 This club has drained me of any optimism It will probably take a few years to build some confidence for me I don't think I can even listen to it on radio,could be heart attack waiting to happen,especially on my birthday!!!
daddylonglegs Posted 16 May 2015 Posted 16 May 2015 I genuinely cannot take it! I would take a repeat of the home match right now tbh. Boring, but a point i think is enough....
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.